Palestine vs. Israel - Page 37 of 110

Oh, those poor misunderstood Palestinians. - Page 37 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 3rd Mar, 2006 - 10:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 110 pgs.  33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41  ...Latest (110) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
11th Feb, 2006 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 37

I agree with Jimmy Carter.

If there is to be a peaceful resolution of the Palestine/Israel conflict, we must ALL give Hamas, the democratically elected government, a chance.

Hamas, much like the right-wing hawks in Israel, have been a huge thorn in the peace process. But now we can not merely dismiss them as radical terroists. They have been given a clear mandate to rule by the Palestinian people and we must respect this.

It is hardly surprising the Palestinian people have voted for Hamas and this should be a wake-up call.

Fatah, a party that was backed by the US and Israel, was a powerless and toothless regime. They were irrelevant to a population of people who live in ghetto-like conditions.

Israel is partly to blame for this.

They have often held Fatah to ransom with Palestinian-owed money and illegally arrested their only leader of any note, Arafat. In recent years, Fatah could only use words to combat the missiles fired across the border by Israel. They could only appear silent partners in a doomed roadmap when Israel consistently breached their obligations. Israel breached its promise to freeze ever-growing settlements in the West Bank and ease onerous military restrictions on everyday Palestinian life, to name a couple. What could Fatah do? Nothing.

Plus, like most political parties in that region, including the Likud Party, they were fraught with corruption and this fanned resentment amongst the Palestinian population.

It's rather ironic that Hamas offers these people hope.

Their record at dealing with the conflict is well-known and one to be condemned. But there are a few interesting facts I have researched of their recent history.

Since the ceasefire of February 7 last year, Hamas has only been blamed for the death of one Israeli (of 35) by Israeli intelligence agencies. Most of the rest were allegedly killed by Islamic Jihad.

But despite the cease-fire agreement, Israeli forces have killed more than 190 Palestinians, including several members of Hamas, and two children recently.

In fact if we look at the conflict between September 2000 and the cease fire, it makes interesting reading.

Hamas disgustingly dispatched more than 50 suicide attacks killing 300 Israelis. This earned the group notoriety in the West.

But Israel and its supporters should take a look in the mirror. During that same period Israeli forces and fundamentalists killed more than 3780 Palestinians, many of them unarmed or non-combatants, 689 of them minors and 188 women.

So if we are going to hypocritically demand that Hamas renounce violence, then maybe the same standards ought to apply to Israel.

Now that Hamas is forced to be a part of the political process, we might actually see a reduction in their violence. They may have been able to carry out acts of terrorism from the sideline in the past, but they will not be able to cast such acts as leaders of a people. If they do, the Palestinian cause will be lost to the international eye, and they know it. Israel must also grow up and stop carrying on like a child who didn't get the flavour of candy it wanted.

Bush's crusade to "democratise" the Middle East was never going to work. Nor is it going to deceive the international community from the Administration's real goal in the Middle East, namely to free up energy markets. Mr Bush, who would make Midas shake in his grave with his ability to turn everything he touches into a disaster, should now realise you can not tell people what they want. And because the Administration is trying to mask their goals with the term "democracy", they are now in a precarious position to use force, the old fashion way, and install friendly regimes like the Baathist Party of Iraq once was.

I'm afraid if there will ever be an end to this conflict, we must start listening to what both sides, and not just Israel, really want.

And, if we are to give peace a chance, then maybe Mr Carter might be on to something.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2006 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Israel vs Palestine

I am from israel. And I got to tell you that to truly understand the situation you need to understand the culture and history of the two groups. Israel is not a Terrorist state saying such a thing is a lie. but anyway back to the history

because the goes back for a few hundreds of years I would just start with the biggest event in 'recent' years the six-day war. In those years the arabic countries around israel started to plan an attack on israel(and they conspired againts each too) in the light of this knowledge israel made an attack on the enemies air force and then the war started and with the enemies air force immobilized we won in six days hence the name but the most important aspect of this war is the capturing of jerusalem and some of jordan territories now some of the captured territories were merged to israel but the place that is now palestine wasn't in the merger but the citizens there were jordan citizens anyway because its not a part of israel it is controlled by martial law and because they are not part of israel nor jordan they developed there own culture and nationality the result is a country within a country now the terrorist exploit the needs of this people (religious and national) for there own gain and I guess thats it in VERY VERY short version hope you enjoyed my side of things.

11th Feb, 2006 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

Marve,

If you go back and read some of my earlier posts, you will see that I have been saying the same thing.

Certainly Hamas will have to be given its chance. It is a duly elected government. However, with them in power, the whole of Palestine will be held responsible for their actions, just as so many people hold all of the US responsible for President Bush's actions, and Israel for Ariel Sharon's actions.

So, if terrorism rises, then Israel will act with more authority.

12th Feb, 2006 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Page 37 Israel vs Palestine

Marve, I appreciate your perspective, especially as you live there. However, I find it difficult to believe that Israel is innocent in this conflict.

Israel began and finished the 6-day war, let's not lose sight of that. There is a difference between provocation and invasion.

The Palestinian territories were not granted to Israel, they were illegally captured through force.

Now we can go back in history for as long as we chose. You will find that Palestinian Arabs have a greater affinity with the land you live on than Israeli Jews. So to suggest that the Palestinian people only formed their culture after the 6-day war is naieve and untrue. But there is little point in selectively choosing history to suit our beliefs.

The bottom line is Israel has murdered considerably more Palestinians than vice versa. There is no justification for killing people, whether it is through suicide bombings or state-of-the-art military equipment.

State-sponsored terrorism is just as frightening and devestating than guerilla terrorism. And yes, when governments chose to terrorise people it is also called terrorism.

So I believe both sides are as bad as each other in this conflict. They both need to grow up and move on for the sake of peace.

Marve, I would actually be interested in knowing what the political climate is in post-Sharon Israel. Is it likely we will see a move back to extreme right? What is likely to happen without Sharon? What is the feeling amongst the people?

Nighthawk, I agree with you. Hamas will be held accountable for their actions. If they chose the path of terrorism, the international community, not just Israel and the US, will hold them to account. Hamas must learn very quickly to beahve like a good global citizen. We keep our fingers crossed.

Also, I think it is terribly unfair to hold all of the US people responsible for anything Mr Bush does or says.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2006 - 10:22am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Israel vs Palestine

US and Israel 'try to force new elections by starving Hamas'

Hamas denounced the governments of US and Israel for "interference" and "collective punishment" after it was reported that they were discussing ways of using a halt to funding to oust it from power later this year. Both countries denied they had a deliberate plan to force elections in the hope of an early end to Hamas's majority in the newly elected Palestinian Legislative Council, which meets for the first time on Saturday.
Ref. https://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle...ticle345495.ece

16th Feb, 2006 - 9:12am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

I hope there is no truth in the Independent report about the US and Israel attempting to starve Hamas out of power.

How is this a solution for peace?

And what hypocrites to demand Hamas renounce violence when most of the deaths in this conflict have come from Israeli weapons.

The US Administration can not champion democracy, but then cry foul when the wrong team gets elected. Did the rest of the world stop dealing with the US when the Bush Adminstration was re-elected?

And if Israel is serious about peace and forming a Palestinian state, then
they have to talk to the elected Palestinian regime. Will by-passing the people's choice really bring peace?

Hamas has indicated that they are willing to talk. It was all good and well for Hamas to use provocative language about Israel when they were in opposition. But now they are in government and will be forced to act appropriately.

I just hope Israel can do the same for the sake of peace.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Feb, 2006 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 37

ABBAS SAYS HE WILL QUIT IF HE CAN'T PURSUE PEACE UNDER HAMAS

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is warning that he will resign if he feels he cannot pursue peace when a Hamas government takes over.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...mas-060225.html

3rd Mar, 2006 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 37

Oh, those poor misunderstood Palestinians. I am so filled with sorrow over their plight. After all, they are only misunderstood by all us horrible Westerners, who cherish life, liberty, children, etc.

Here is a link to a very interesting little report, including several video clips:
https://tinyurl.com/qys4l
https://www.pmw.org.il/Latest%20bulletins%20new.htm#b020306

(Either link will work - I hope)

Here are some quotes from this report.

"My message to the loathed Jews is that there is no god but Allah [and] we will chase you everywhere! We are a nation that drinks blood, and we know that there is no blood better than the blood of Jews. We will not leave you alone until we have quenched our thirst with your blood, and our children's thirst with your blood. We will not leave until you leave the Muslim countries..."

"My message to the loathed Jews is that there is no god but Allah [and] we will chase you everywhere! We are a nation that drinks blood, and we know that there is no blood better than the blood of Jews. We will not leave you alone until we have quenched our thirst with your blood, and our children's thirst with your blood. We will not leave until you leave the Muslim countries..."

Both of the above were published on the Hamas official website within the last couple of months.

Here is another, interesting article from the same page.
A new interview on official Palestinian Authority television offers a chilling twist on the popular TV topic - Palestinian mothers' support for their children's suicide terror missions.

The interview features the mother of Wafa Al-Bas, a 21-year-old Palestinian woman who was arrested at the Erez border crossing in June 2005 with a 20-pound bomb inside her underwear. Her target was the outpatient clinic of Soroka Hospital in Beersheba, where she had been receiving regular treatments for serious burns to 45 per cent of her body from a gas stove explosion in her home.

Her greatest wish, she said later, was to kill 30 to 50 Israelis, including children. The hospital attack would likely have killed or maimed the Israeli doctor who had saved her life.

In last week's PA TV interview with Wafa's parents, her mother says the event was hard for her - not because her daughter was on a suicide mission, but because she was arrested.

The mother says she knew that her daughter had wanted to be a martyr since she was a little girl, but the mother hadn't encouraged her - not because the mother opposed the idea of suicide bombing, but because Wafa was female.

"If it was a boy, I would have supported, but since she is a girl I discouraged."

Once again, the message to Palestinian society from broadcasts like this is that suicide bombing is not wrong. Indeed, it is seen as an honor and a joy to raise a child to be a suicide bomber - at least if that child is a son.

Nice folk. Just who I want for neighbors.

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,