Palestine vs. Israel - Page 52 of 110

Dbacker, I am not sure how well you know the - Page 52 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 7th Jan, 2009 - 12:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 110 pgs.  48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56  ...Latest (110) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
5th Jan, 2009 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 52

I agree that Israel should not allow rockets to be fired into its country but I don't believe that responding with even greater violence will achieve anything. Furthermore, I think it is fairly clear that the current invasion into Gaza has nothing to do with rockets being fired into Israel and everything to do with regime change, which has been a long stated goal of Washington and Tel Aviv politicians. Israeli leaders have actually indicated this on the record. 20 deaths in 8 years doesn't justify this sort of retaliation.

If Israel was serious about stopping rocket attacks they would stop persecuting Palestinians and try to come up with a meaningful peace agreement - a two state solution that was fair to both parties. Israel will never do this because they don't want to give back Palestinian land. Palestinians will not accept living under third world conditions where they cannot even get access to basic human rights such as food and medicines.

Hamas feeds on the fact that Israel is persecuting Palestinians. Hamas only exists because this is happening. If you take away the suffering then Hamas has no appeal. If Israel treated Palestinians like their treat their own citizens there is no way Palestianians would support a terrorist/political movement like Hamas. At the end of the day, Palestinians and Israelis just want peace, it is their corrupt leaders that want war.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 5th Jan, 2009 - 11:55pm

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2009 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

I agree that Israel should not allow rockets to be fired into its country but I don't believe that responding with even greater violence will achieve anything.

The first rule of self defence is that if someone shoots first at you and they hit your arm, you shoot back and hit them in the Chest and Head. You do not contemplate why they shot you in the arm and shoot them in the arm in response.

The Palestinians do not want peace, they celebrate martyrdom and death as a legitimate form of warfare and religious duty and a way of life. It is in their culture (Honour killings, Celebration of the Suicide Bomber, Placing Rockets fired into israel in highly populated centers of the west bank assuring maximum civilian casualties when they are legitimately destroyed.) From the very moment Palestinians can understand language they are taught to hate the Jew, and that the only good Jew is a dead Jew. That it is an honour to be a human shield to a Palestinian gunman(cowards) who is firing at israelis behind a crowd of women and children. And the violence is not even always aimed at the Jew. The Palestinians kill each other in a power play that has gone on for years and has claimed the lives of hundreds of civilians.

Israel would accept peace at this very moment if the Palestinians would not vow to destroy Israel and kill every Israeli Citizen. Israel has made hundreds of concessions over the years whereas the Palestinians have broken every ceasefire agreement that has been made and vowed to stop fighting only when Israel has been swept into the sea. Israel has never vowed to destroy the other side, and has only resorted to violence to stop Palestinians from killing Israeli Citizens.

There were five months of uninterrupted Palestinian shelling before the Israelis started this campaign . Its about time the Israelis did something about that. I hope this time they finish the job and destroy Hamas totally in one final blow and let the peace finely occur when the rockets are no longer landing in Israel.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 6th Jan, 2009 - 2:13am

6th Jan, 2009 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

I have to agree with both of you on points, but the problem will never be solved until there is a true bargaining partner from the Palestinian/Hamas side. The reason I have to slash that is the problem. There is no one voice.

Israel cannot allow its land to be attacked indescriminantly without retaliation. That retaliation should be of the magnitude to stop the rockets from being shot off from the Palestinian/Hamas side. That means a LOT of power, as slow tit for tat hasnt worked either and HAS been tried. The problem is that Abbas has no contol over Hamas, so it really doesnt matter what he says.

Israel has a problem and that is Jerusalem. The only way that this is going to work is something pretty close to the Clinton Plan, Road to Peace or the original Partition Plan. That basically means a sharing of Jerusalem or it goes under UN control as a international city. I see little chance of that happening now. If it were 1947...yeah...maybe...but Jerusalem has been under Israeli control for too long now...they arent giving it back.

Since they wont give it back, the Palestinians/Hamas isnt going to come to the table and there will be no meaningful discussions.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 6th Jan, 2009 - 11:43am

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2009 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 52 Israel vs Palestine

UN urges Israel to let Gazans leave

United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres urged Israel on Monday to allow civilians in Gaza to flee Israeli-Palestinian fighting by crossing the border into Egypt.
Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2009 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Israel vs Palestine

UN-run school in Gaza Hit

At least 20 Palestinians have been killed in an Israeli strike at a UN-run school in Gaza, Palestinian medical officials say.
Ref. BBC

6th Jan, 2009 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

At least 20 Palestinians have been killed in an Israeli strike at a UN-run school in Gaza, Palestinian medical officials say

Palestinian officials forget to mention that this school has been and was used as a base for Rocket launchers.

Source 1

The Palestinians are playing a dangerous, but politically effective game. They intentionally place their Rocket Launchers in sensitive areas (Schools, Mosques, heavily populated areas). When Israel responds to destroy these sights where the launches originate the Palestinians parade their dead Women and Children for the Media to see. They know full well that this will bring the Western Media and the morally bankrupt UN to their cause, even if it means they have to sacrifice their own children. They are cowards and are willing to hide behind the skirts of their women to garner support, and much of the world is willing to let them do it.

From the article

Paratroopers operating near the town of El-Atatra discovered on Tuesday a booby-trapped doll at the entrance to a smuggling tunnel

These are the tactics of Hamas, those "brave freedom fighters".

Its may be time for Israel to stop worrying about the rest of world thinks and do what has to be done. The world will hate them no matter what they do (except if they would just lie down and die).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2009 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 52

In my opinion, both of them do not want peace. I do not believe for a minute that neither Palestine or Israel are victims but guilty parts in all this mess. Nevertheless, it is heartbreaking to see pictures of parents holding in their arms wounded babies. Horrible.

7th Jan, 2009 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 52

Dbacker, I am not sure how well you know the Palestinian culture but I would suggest to you from my experiences meeting Palestinian people that "Honour killings, Celebration of the Suicide Bomber, Placing Rockets fired into israel in highly populated centers of the west bank assuring maximum civilian casualties when they are legitimately destroyed" are not a part of their culture.

Furthermore, it is a pretty lame defence that rocket launchers being fired from civilian areas is a ploy by Palestinians to maximise their civilian casualty count. That is strangest logic I have ever heard. Do you know how large the Gaza Strip is? It is 360 sq kms, about 1/19th the size of California. The whole area is one of the most densely populated in the world. How on earth can you fire rockets from an uncrowded part of this region? Israel's boilerplate defence that they were only targeting "Hamas militants" is a load of rubbish because they know that their air raids will kill far more innocent civilians than gunman before they even pull the trigger. You could argue that Israel is deliberately targeting densely populated civilian areas, but not that rocket launchers are trying to hide behind human shields to maximise their own casualty rate.

Secondly, the hatred thing stems both sides of the border. I have UK Jewish friends who openly hate and are taught to hate Palestinians. They are taught a very biased and incorrect version of history to support these views, as I am sure Palestinian children are taught the opposite.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say Israel has made 100s of concessions? Can you cite a few examples please?

You are right that the internal bickering and political infighting of the Palestinians is hindering their cause. I agree something needs to be done about this. Unfortunately, Hamas is a democratically elected government. Are you suggesting that Israel/US should remove democracy? Isn't that counter to what these countries aspire to?

It's completely untrue that Israel has never broken ceasefires, they've broken many of them, its just that the Western media often reports when Palestinians launch attacks on Israelis while ignoring Israeli attacks. I'm not sure what media coverage you guys receive in the US?

Finally, I completely disagree with the statement that you should retaliate with greater force without even considering the reasons behind the attack in the first place. Israel has persecuted Gazans for many years, the UN has described Israel's treatment of Gaza as a humanitarian crisis. Israel has killed way more Palestinians than vice versa, which breeds a whole generate of hatred. So if you do not consider these factors how can you solve the problem? This conflict will just continue to be a tit for tat war with no end in sight. Israel's only solution to date is to virtually wipe Gaza off the map. How can we stand by and watch this?

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,