Palestine vs. Israel - Page 53 of 110

Israeli reservists sent to Gaza Israel confirms - Page 53 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 12th Jan, 2009 - 1:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 110 pgs.  49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57  ...Latest (110) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
Post Date: 7th Jan, 2009 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 53

The Real Estate War in Gaza
The History and "Morals" of Ethnic Cleansing
By Victoria Buch

I arrived in Israel 40 years ago. It took me many years to understand that the very existence of my country, as it is today, is based on an ongoing ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.
Ref. Source 6

Sponsored Links:
7th Jan, 2009 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

arvhic, We are going to disagree on this one because we are each looking at it through filters that we cannot shake. I believe that most of the players in Palestine are terrorists and Israel is a relatively peaceful nation who would leave their neighbors alone if they were left alone, and you believe (as I see it) the exact opposite, that all of the middle eastern problems are because Israel is the oppressor and occupier. We could never agree on the main points of this issue because of our preconceived notions on the issue.

But I will clarify (clarity is more important then agreement Dennis Praeger) my points as to why I think Israel has made a majority of the concessions.

First, even Abbas has stated that Israel has made concessions and is the only one that must do so.

We rejected Israeli proposals that stipulated making concessions including on Jerusalem and the refugees.
We either get all six points - Jerusalem, settlements, borders, refugees, water and security - or nothing at all,"

This is the Palestinian view, that they receive all of their demands or they do not want any agreements at all. This has been the typical response by Palestinian leaders.

Israel withdrew from Gaza without Hamas making any concessions. In fact Hamas has replied with continuous Rocket fire into Israel after they left. I do not believe that Hamas will stop firing these rockets until they have their stated goal of completely destroying Israel.

Another terrible concession that Israel made, was to allow a terrorist organization, the PLO, to maintain power in the Oslo accords.

From "Israel surrendered because it has no peace partner" by Charles Krauthammer

We are not talking ancient history here; we are talking the last 12 years. Under Oslo, Israel made massive, near-suicidal concessions: bringing the PLO back to life, installing Yasser Arafat in power in the West Bank and Gaza, permitting him to arm militia after militia, and ultimately offering him (at Camp David 2000) the first Palestinian state in history, with a shared Jerusalem and total Israeli withdrawal from 95 percent of the formerly occupied territories (with Israel giving up some of its own territory to make the Palestinians whole).

Besides land, Israel has given up thousands of prisoners for a very few soldiers. These concessions alone are ridiculous

From Israel: A history of prisoner deals

By Jerome Taylor

In 1985 Israel agreed to the release of more than 1,150 Palestinian prisoners in return for three soldiers taken captive in Lebanon

This is lopsided and shows that Israel is making many more concessions regarding prisoners exchanges. This is not the only case where Israel has given up so much for so little.

The Palestinians do not want peace, they want Jerusalem and what is now Israel to become the Palestinian state and will use all means to accomplish this.

From Othman Abu Arbiah Arafats Deputy

"Every Palestinian must know clearly and unequivocally that the independent Palestinian State, with Jerusalem as its capital, is not the end of the road. The [rise of] the Palestinian State is a stage, after which there will be another stage and that is the democratic state in all of Palestine [I.e. in place of Israel]."
[Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, November 25, 1999]

Abdullah Al-Hourani, Chairman of the Palestinian National Council Political Committee - "The conflict remains eternal" - all of Israel is Palestine

Interviewer: "How do [you] read the future of the peace process...?"

Al-Hourani: "Whether they return to negotiations or not, and whether they fulfill the agreements or not - the political plan is a temporary agreement, and the conflict remains eternal, will not be locked, and the agreements being talked about are regarding the current balance of power. As to the struggle, it will continue. It may pause at times, but in the final analysis, Palestine is ours from the [Mediterranean] Sea to the [Jordan] River."
[Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, April 14, 2000]

Dr. Muhammad Ibrahim Ma'di - "We will blow them up in Hadera, we will blow them up in Tel-Aviv"

"We will blow them up in Hadera, we will blow them up in Tel-Aviv and in Netanya... We will fight against them and rule over them until the Jew will hide behind the trees and stones and the tree and stone will say: 'O Muslim! O servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him...

"We will enter Jerusalem as conquerors, and Jaffa as conquerors, and Haifa as conquerors and Ashkelon as conquerors..."
[Dr. Muhammad Ibrahim Ma'di, PA TV, August 3, 2001]

How on earth can you fire rockets from an uncrowded part of this region?

So are you telling me that it is legitimate to fire rockets from mosques, schools, and other "sensitive" areas? Or that they cannot find open space that do not contain civilians in the Palestinian territories . Looking at Satellite maps there are plenty of places that do not contain civilian centers that can act as launching areas (there are even farms and deserts that are available for their task) . But they are willing to sacrifice the lives of their children because they fear Israeli reprisals (these open spaces are too open and easily targeted). Let's fire from grandma's house and then quickly drive away so she can be on Air Arabia dead the next morning. Is that the act of a Man or one of a coward who is willing to martyr others so he can quietly scurry away?

Palestinians and Muslims, in general and in my opinion, do not care if Israel gives up land for peace. They want Israel to give up the entire country of Israel (Which they claim to really be Palestine proper, and not really a legitimate state anyway). Israel will never go away, and they have a legitimate claim to the Land that is now Israel and should defend it as any other nation would their own.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2009 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

Brief 'truce' to allow aid into Gaza

Hundreds of embattled Palestinians have ventured outside to shop for food during a three-hour Gaza truce, a first step toward an Egyptian-proposed ceasefire under discussion by Israel and Hamas. Ref. Source 6

7th Jan, 2009 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

Page 53 Israel vs Palestine

I do not think Hamas would agree to such a cease fire, if it suddenly had the means and power to attack Israel with full force. They would kill every Jew they came across yelling Allahu Akbar as they beheaded the infidel along the way.

You can see how optimistic I am about Hamas being a legitimate partner in the peace process.

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2009 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

WARNING
This page contains pictures of children killed in Israel's attack on Gaza

Palestinian children are increasingly among the dead as the Gaza death toll continues to rise. One man has lost his entire family - including children, wife, parents and cousins - after a single attack.
Ref. Source 3

The Courage To Resist
Woman Faces Down Armed Israeli Soldiers.

53 seconds into the video an unknown woman stands in front of Israeli soldiers and prevents them from firing on unarmed protesters.
Ref. Source 3

8th Jan, 2009 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

dbackers, I do not accept that I am biased towards Palestinians. I have no Palestinian blood or allegiance. My belief is that both people should have separate independent states and live side by side. I believe George W Bush said something similar although he obviously didn't mean it.

I have said repeatedly that both the Palestinians and Israelis are playing a part in this pathetic conflict. However, it is virtually impossible to compare Israel with Hamas on an even keel, especially in this latest chapter.

Israel is a powerful US-backed army, one of the most sophisticated in the world. Hamas is a poor ideologically-driven government that came to prominence as a terrorist organisation. Hamas only exists because of Israel's persecution of Palestinians - that is a very important fact to consider. Their most disturbing form of attack is through the use of rather lame and terribly inaccurate rockets that have only killed 20 people in 8 years - still too many, of course, but insignificant when compared Israel's tally. There are also the odd suicide bombings, an extremely desperate measure to cause suffering upon others. By contrast, Israel uses advanced and extremely destructive weaponry to cast mass destruction, what the West calls collateral damage. Israel has killed more than 600 Palestinians in a couple of weeks.

You say that Palestinians are terrorists and you are right, some of them are indeed. However, I do not differentiate between terrorists who wear civilian clothes and those who belong to an army. Israel's uninformed terrorists are far more lethal than Hamas.

I am not going to debate the history of Israel's concessions or lack thereof, the truth is that neither side has been willing to accept what the other has offered. For the record, Palestinians do not want all of Israel back, they don't even want what was originally granted to them in 1947. These points have been discussed too much on this forum already without the need to repeat any of my previous views.

Let us focus on what is currently going on. You have claimed that it was Hamas that broke this most recent ceasefire. This is not true. Israel broke the current ceasefire on November 4 when it bombed 6 Palestinians. Hamas has since retaliated by launching rockets. Both sides are in the wrong but you cannot square the blame solely on the Palestinians.

Israel has blockaded the Gaza strip for the past 18 months in an attempt to starve Hamas out of power. In response, Hamas has developed a web of tunnels to smuggle food, medicines and other goods into Gaza. Hamas has also used these tunnels to stockpile some weapons, although weapon smuggling has been a minority exercise, in contrast to Israel's propaganda lies.

You claim that Hamas has been hiding behind human shields when launching rockets. An example you cited was the UN school in which Israel responded by murdering 40 civilians, mostly children and women. Yet again, this is not true, the school was not a rocket launching base nor was it infiltrated by Hamas militants. This has been verified by those who ran the school, including UN officials. Israel's official evidence is a Youtube video, which was even dated in 2007. As a trained journalist I find this patchy evidence a joke but it isn't April 1. There can be no justification whatsoever for Israel's targeting of schools, hospitals and other civilian centres. These are war crimes and if it was Hamas who had targeted a UN school they would be widely condemned for such a cowardly act, and rightfully so.

Israel has a history of using the same excuses to justify its war crimes, this is nothing new. We've heard the human shields nonsense before and will hear it again. We'll also hear other absurd lies such as ambulances and aid lorries carrying weapons of mass nutrition! Sadly, this actually fools some people and when Israel deliberately blocks the media form investigating who is going to question their almighty propaganda? Certainly not the Americans, not world leaders who are influenced by influential Jewish lobbies, etc. Hamas, too, is involved in propaganda to keep its believers on side.

In relation to Gaza's density, to give you a rough idea of how populated the strip is, if you were to apply Gaza's density to the Los Angeles metro area you would have a population of more than 52,000,000. Furthermore, the only proof that Hamas is allegedly using civilian launching pads is the extremely dubious word of the Israeli defence force. Do you really blindly believe an army that prevents the media from covering their actions?

The problem that Israel faces is that it will not be able to stop the rocket attacks by using force. Hamas was born out of terrorism and you cannot defeat terrorists by killing them. You can only defeat terrorism by removing the cause of it. That is something Israel will never do because peace doesn't suit their hawkish leaders, just as it doesn't suit Hamas.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 8th Jan, 2009 - 7:55pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2009 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 53

Gaza Victims' Burns Increase Concern Over Phosphorus
By Michael Evans and Sheera Frenkel

Photographic evidence has emerged that proves that Israel has been using controversial white phosphorus shells during its offensive in Gaza, despite official denials by the Israel Defence Forces. - The use of white phosphorus against civilians is prohibited under international law.
Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2009 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 53

Israeli reservists sent to Gaza

Israel confirms reserve units have been sent to the Gaza Strip, as its campaign against Hamas enters a 17th day.
Ref. Source 5

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,