Palestine vs. Israel - Page 56 of 110

Maybe Israel needs to boost its economy just - Page 56 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 18th Jan, 2009 - 7:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 110 pgs.  52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60  ...Latest (110) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
17th Jan, 2009 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 56

I understand that too, but look at it this way. You want to stop a group of very bad guys, so the some of the bad guys go into an open field and you take them out there. Some of the other bad guys bunk down behind a wall so you take them out there, and last but not least some of the bad guys go into your own home where your children are sleeping and your wife is there and so you blow up the whole house because you want the bad guys.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2009 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Israel vs Palestine

700 Palestinian Refugees Forced To Flee
Outrage as Israel bombs UN
By Kim Sengupta in Jerusalem

The Al-Quds hospital was also hit by shellfire. A tower housing the Reuters agency and other media outlets was also hit. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies said the damage caused to the Al Quds hospital is "completely and utterly unacceptable based on every known standard of international humanitarian law".
Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2009 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

I see your point as well. I would try to do all I can to take out the bad guy without harming innocent life and property. I know there si a better way to do all of this but what the exact answer is I will admit I do not know.

18th Jan, 2009 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Page 56 Israel vs Palestine

Why does the UN or America have to be involved in this, just let them kill each other and the best man win. Let nature takes its course. They've been at it for centuries you think they will stop now. It'll just less of them around that's all.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2009 - 10:53am / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

Rocket salvo tests Gaza ceasefire

A unilateral Israeli ceasefire comes into effect in Gaza, but at least six rockets are fired into Israel hours later.
Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2009 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

Hamas Ceasefire

Militant group Hamas calls a ceasefire in Gaza giving Israeli troops a week to leave, reports say, hours after an Israeli ceasefire began.
Ref. BBC

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jan, 2009 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 56

Finally it ends. The brutal, completely unjustified massacre by a country that is above international law has at last, we hope but do not expect, finished.

The truce will not last. Israel will break it if Hamas doesn't. Israel will not stop until Palestine is run by a government of its (and America's) choosing. A country that parades itself as a beacon of democracy in a rather un-democratic part of the world only supports democracy on its terms. In other words, Israel will never be happy with Hamas and, therefore, it will ignore the will of the Palestinian people in order to remove them.

The irony of this sick crime against humanity, the Israeli invasion of Gaza, is that it will only make Hamas more popular, not less. Israel failed in its official objective - to stop rocket attacks - and its unofficial objective - to remove Hamas from power. It failed because the Palestinian people view Hamas as the lesser of two evils. Hamas helps ordinary Gazans much more effectively that Fatah ever did. By attacking innocent people in order to remove a democratically-elected government, Israel has only deepened the hatred towards itself. How can you possibly expect to live in peace with your neighbour when you burn it to the ground?

Hamas will become more popular. They've lost the military battle but won the war of Palestinian hearts. Another generation of Palestinians will grow up remembering Israel's brutality the next time Hamas and other terrorist groups raise a call to arms. Children don't forget the sight of their mother burning to death in front of them, or their dad who, lying dead amongst rubble, does not respond when you call out his name.

I am a dad and the thought of my son being blown up to pieces as he sleeps makes me cry. If Israel ever did anything to my family I would join a terrorist group tomorrow in an effort to eradicate those who had destroyed my life. I challenge anyone on this forum to suggest they would do otherwise. I am not a violent person but severe hardship radicalises people as I am sure it will to Palestinians.

Emotions aside, what has Israel's latest bout of aggression actually achieved? Let's consider the facts here:

At least 1,300 Palestinians have been murdered. A third of them children. Most of the dead are innocent civilians

13 Israelis have died, most of them from the army. 100 Palestinian lives = 1 Jewish life. Anyone see the injustice here? Do we need to remind Israel of the suffering its people experienced in World War II? I should hope not, although the word "hypocrisy" certainly comes to mind when thinking of a term to describe their actions in Gaza.

Hamas has become more popular not only to its supporters but also to those who support the rival party Fatah.

Gaza has been reduced to rubble - hospitals, schools, government buildings and crucial infrastructure are no more. A UN expert says it will take at least 5 years and billions of dollars to repair the damage. It will take many more years to rebuild families. Everyone in Gaza has been affected. At least 1.5 million people have a good reason to hate their neighbours.

Many more Gazans can expect years of hell as they rebuild their fractured lives. There is a desperate shortage of food, clean drinking water and medicine. There was a shortage of aid beforehand as Israel viciously tried to starve Hamas out of power at the expense of innocent lives. Now, after Israel has targeted UN buildings, the aid will be critically insufficient and more people will die as a result. Death tolls from war do not stop accumulating once the bullets have stopped. The Americans and Israelis will call this collateral damage. I call it a war crime.

Israel has bombed a UN school, several other schools, hospitals, ambulances and countless homes where ordinary civilians once lived. These are all breachs of the Geneva Convention and are war crimes. Israel deliberately tried to prevent the media from covering their war crimes so I can only imagine how many more war crimes this evil army inflicted that we will never hear about. Can anyone try to justify this? I hear some attempts on this forum to suggest it is OK to bomb innocent lives, hospitals and schools because the bad guys might once have been housed there. Would you adopt a similar strategy in your country?

Israel's lies about why it targets civilian buildings are becoming legendary. What is more alarming is that people actually believe this nonsense without any proof. Israel has not ONCE proved that terrorists were hiding in the civilian buildings it decimated. It has just repeated this lame excuse and a lot of people have bought it hook, line and sinker - including influential parts of the US media. However, the international community knows the truth and Israel will leave Gaza as a very unpopular regional bully.

What is more disgraceful is that governments around the world have not condemned Israel's aggression enough. Yet again, the UN security council has been silenced by Israel's parent country - the US. America controls the UN and criticises the UN for inaction despite the fact that it often prevents the UN from doing its job. Bush is already described as the worst US president in modern history. His administration has blood on their hands just as much as the Israeli's do. America has the power and political muscle to put an end to the suffering but chooses not to. The influential Jews on Capitol Hill tell American politicians how it should react and the gutless people who run the US obey these orders. They are cowards of the highest order, just like the cowards who target schools from their warplanes.

I sincerely hope that Barak Obama can change all that. He offers a glimmer of hope where none previously existed. I certainly don't see any Israeli politicians who will end this. The US is key because it is the only country that can stop Israel.

Then there is Hamas. This organisation needs to respond with its own peace plan. Hamas must stop using the conflict as a tool to improve its own popularity. It needs to do what is right for its people regardless of the political consequences. This does not mean Hamas should step down. But it does mean Hamas should take responsibility for stopping any form of aggression towards Israel, rockets and all. If Hamas fails to do this it is living on borrowed time. While I accept that Israel were the ones who broke the last ceasefire, and thus kick started this most recent conflict, Hamas retaliated knowing full well that it was endagering the lives of the people it represents. I am sure Hamas could not have expected the scale of Israel's retaliation, but it must accept some responsibility for antagonising a country that is not shy when it comes to unjustified aggression. There are always two sides to any conflict regardless of how disproportionate one side's actions are.

I write this in the hope that I will never have to contribute to this particular thread again. Israel and Palestine can live in peace. Jews have lived alongside Palestinians for centuries before. But it will take courage for change to occur. Courage by politicians to do what is right, not what is popular. Courage by people to stand up to the actions of their leaders. Also, courage by the international community to not let such atrocities occur again.

I believe peace can occur, but I fear it won't without more bloodshed and angry responses from frustrated journalists.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 18th Jan, 2009 - 5:47pm

18th Jan, 2009 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 56

Maybe Israel needs to boost its economy just like America does. War is a great way to get business up. Think about it, the more buildings the Israeli's blow up the more construction materials will be needed out of Israel. More weapons and bombs they use up the more that will have to be bought and created. 13 Israeli's dead and 1300 Palestinians dead are what is known as "collateral damage" in the economic world.

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,