Palestine vs. Israel - Page 60 of 110

Israeli jets strike Gaza tunnel Israeli planes - Page 60 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 11th Aug, 2009 - 10:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 110 pgs.  56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64  ...Latest (110) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
16th Jul, 2009 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 60

Jordan...Egypt...

Hmmm...how is it possible for them to have peace with Israel? If I am not mistaken, they stopped attacking Israel. Might be a lesson there...

between...he said ALMOST ALL that the Palestinians asked for, which is exactly the problem. Let me put it into a way that I see it. When the Clinton administration had a plan worked up that allowed for a Palestinian state and the direction with which to get there, the Palestinians balked. Sharon even pulled settlements out of Gaza, but let's not go there for now.

There was a plan worked up. It didnt totally satisfy everyone, as no plan is going to in this situation (I would hope we can agree on that). The Israelis took several steps forward on this plan, but there was really no reciprication...and then...rockets. So if I interpret this from a 30,000 ft view, the current condition is more acceptable than having their own state and self governance, but without ALL that they wanted. If the conditions are truly this bad and it is aparthied, wouldnt you take the option that gave you 90% of what you wanted for a better life? I think most would, but seeing as though this is not what happened...I can only assume that the conditions are not bad enough yet or that there is some sort of honor in being a martyr on the world stage.

Sponsored Links:
17th Jul, 2009 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

I think you are just focusing on just today. My most important point is where were the Jews before the state of Israel was formed? They were scattered all over the planet and didn't have a choice or chance to dictate their status as Jews. The land there was govern by the Brits who couldn't deal with it is they gave it to the UN. Basically the Palestinans' fate was being determined by people who probably never ever been to the area.

17th Jul, 2009 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

There have always been Jews in Jerusalem. In the late 1800s, when the Zionist movement began, the land that is now identified as Israel and Palestine was complete wasteland, with much of it owned by absent-landlord Arabs. The people who lived there were mostly very poor Muslims and Jews, with a few Christian groups. Writings from various visitors described the poor Muslims as being a mixture of far eastern, European, African, and Arab Muslims, very few of whom owned anything at all.

The Zionist movement started out by purchasing land. The Arabs were thrilled to sell to those "stupid" Jews, since the land was worthless. It was mostly either desert or swamp. It wasn't until the Jews began to improve the land that the Arabs began to object to them being there. Suddenly, they began to take the land back and enforce their dhimmitude laws on the Jews. They also began importing poor Muslims from various places to overwhelm the Jews that were there.

It wasn't until after WWI that Britain had anything to do with that region. It became a protectorate because the Arabs were determined to destroy the Jews that had improved the land.

Since the Arabs had helped Britain in the war, and due to traditional antisemitism, the British generally favored the Arabs. As usual, the British treated both Jews and Muslims as "wogs" or almost subhuman.

Another very interesting point is that the Muslims never cared a bit about the mosque in Jerusalem until 1948. Again, the various reports from visitors to Jerusalem in the 19th Century showed that the Muslims had let the mosque go to ruin. There were no pilgrimages to it. There was no worship in it.

After the war in 1947 and 1948, the refugees from Israel, who were Jordanians, Egyptians, Syrians, and Lebanese were refused entry into those countries. Instead, Jordan, Syria, and Egypt built the refugee camps and made them as miserable as they could. They created the "Palestinians" in order to use them as a weapon against the Jews.

Before 1967, ALL reports that used the word Palestinian to describe someone was referring to Jews. When talking about the refugees in the camps, they were referred to by their national origin. That is, Jordanian, Egyptian, Syrian, or Lebanese.

So, if you are going to go back to the beginnings of this conflict, you need to go back before the British, and look at what the Arabs did.

I sympathize with the Palestinian Arabs. Their home countries don't want them and won't let them in. Terrorist organizations rule them. They are much more likely to be murdered by their own terrorist government than to be killed by Israeli action.

So, what do you propose to end the conflict? Shall the Jews all just leave Israel? Shall they just let Syria and Iran come in and kill everyone through their puppets, Hezbollah and Hamas? Should the Israelis just let the Palestinians send rockets into their neighborhoods without consequence? Just what do you want the Israelis to do?

17th Jul, 2009 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 60 Israel vs Palestine

Do you have any sources for where I can read more about the events before the British? I would like to see that from an unbiased source before I comment on the rest.

18th Jul, 2009 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

The book is From Time Immemorial: The Origins of the Arab-Jewish Conflict over Palestine by Joan Peters. I found my copy in a used bookstore several years ago. She documents everything in great detail.

It is available on Amazon.

19th Jul, 2009 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel

We have what we have today. Prior to that as was stated we had the Mandate of Palestine which was administered by the British. Ottoman rule was in place for 400 years which takes us to 1517. The Ottoman's were Palestinian's? No...they were Turks. Prior to that we have Egyptian rule which takes us from 1260 to 1517. Crusaders ruiled from 1099 to 1260. Wow...we are alread almost 100 years removed. Arab rule was from 636 until 1099, but the country was not called Palestine. Christian Roman rule was from 330 to 631. Roman rule was maintained from 64BC to 330, so Rome had the country for about 700 years. Prior to that it was the Kingdome of Isreal 174BC to 64BC. Then the Babalonians ruled for the period of 586BC to 150BC. Going back any further is way more uncertainties, but the Kingdom of Isreal and the Kingdom of Judah go back to as far as 1500 to 1400BC and were populated by the Israelites.

So if you want to just list those that have historical claim, we can name:

The Israelites (about 1000 to 900years of ownership)
The Romans (Italians today - 700 years of ownership)
The Palestinians (about 400 years or ownership)
The Babalonian (Persians today - 400 years of ownership)
The Crusaders (toss up of giving it to the Vatican or Spain for about 250 years)
The Turks (about 400 years of ownership)
The Egyptians (about 250 years of ownership)

Is it any wonder why there is so much argument about this land"?

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 19th Jul, 2009 - 10:56am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2009 - 1:02pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 60

Israel condemned over evictions

The US leads international condemnation of Israel after it evicts nine Palestinian families in occupied East Jerusalem. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2009 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 60

Israeli jets strike Gaza tunnel

Israeli planes bomb a smuggling tunnel into Gaza after a Palestinian mortar attack, in the first air strike in nearly two months. Ref. Source 9

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,