Palestine vs. Israel - Page 12 of 110

I found this article today.  It has - Page 12 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 29th Aug, 2003 - 7:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 110 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (110) »

?
Poll: Which statement is the MOST true for you with regards to the Israeli vs. Palestine conflict?
  Israel is a terrorist State       10.94%
  Palestine is a terrorist State       23.44%
  Palestine has no claim on anything since the last war       6.25%
  Israel should withdraw and allow Palestine to become a State       9.38%
  Israel is only doing what the USA wants       3.12%
  Palestine is only doing what the Islamist want       1.56%
  Both people are equally blood hungry       10.94%
  Both people really want peace but are blind       9.38%
  Israel owns the Middle East       1.56%
  Israel does not belong in the Middle East       9.38%
  Palestine are angry because they were conquered       1.56%
  Palestine was there first and deserve their land       12.50%
Total Votes: 64
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Palestine Statehood Who Is Right? Should Palestine be its own soverign nation state? Why is the USA attempt to block this from happening? Is Israel using an apartheid system much like South Africa did where people are segregated into undesirable areas and become unable to access the basic necessities of life? Does Israel have a point that they have major security challenges against those trying to harm them? How can this be resolved or will it ever? Will there be a Palestine state?
Palestine vs. Israel Related Information to Palestine vs. Israel
21st Jul, 2003 - 10:15am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 12

Here are some updates and comments:

:spock: Why does the US also dictate how a country must protect their borders?

Report: U.S. opposes Israel's plan to build Jordan Valley separation fence   Jordan Valley regional council head hopes for failure of 'U.S. attempts to dictate our security.' https://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/319950.html

:spock: Can't these people stop for a day at least!

(photo shown) Palestinians carrying the body of Islamic Jihad activist Rami Isleit, who was killed while setting off a bomb Sunday night near Jenin. (AP) https://www.haaretz.com/
[hr]
Here is something interesting to consider, in places where the US feels there is no control they usually send US troops to keep the peace. I wonder how come this is not the case here. What about the UN? Shouldn't their be troops there o ensure both sides do the right thing?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2003 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Israel vs Palestine

look at the situation now, personally everyone should have the right to live.
the wall which has been put up is in the palestine land even the us admit that
so why are the isrealis taking there land?
palestine authories shoul tear down the wall  and put it on live tv cos im sure the isrealis we shoot them ..................... ive lived there an i know how it is

31st Jul, 2003 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Judaism Studies

Personally I think it will never be a solution for this issue.  None of them want real peace in my opinion, they're becoming so technical that humans lives are not important anymore. sad.gif I don't stand by any side, I just stand by the side of Peace.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2003 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Page 12 Israel vs Palestine

Personally I have grown tired of reading about this Israeli-Palestinian conflict. And it's so true what LDS et al said here. Those guys are just not interested in livig in peace. Both sides have a whole generation of folks that grew up not knowing anything about peace!

And now they are talking about the fence, the wall, whatever....! Isn't it interesting how the Israelis are always able to divert the world's attention from the real issues? They take two steps forward, then one step back .... and then said they have given some concessions to the Palestinians. The re-occupation of Jenin, Ramallah, etc..... then the pullout, and then they make it look like the Israeli govt had yield under international pressure.

The wall ..... some are saying it's actually land grab by the Israeli govt, as it cuts off chunks of Palestinian land. They will up the ante for as long as they can .... then the Israelis will allow parts to be torn down, just to show they have once again given some "concessions" to the Palestinians and the peace road map. Just watch.

This is pulling the wool over everybody's eyes!

12th Aug, 2003 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs Palestine

:spock: Do they really expect something different?

TWO SUICIDE BOMBINGS STRIKE ISRAEL, WEST BANK
Less than an hour apart, a pair of suicide bombings Tuesday killed two
Israelis and wounded at least a dozen others. The two bombers also died in the
attacks.
https://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/08/12/...east/index.html

From ABCNews:

I guess we should be surprised that it lasted this long. There hadn't been a major incident in Israel or the occupied territories in weeks. But then I woke up this morning and saw those scenes that have become so familiar & the ambulances, the police, the debris. Two suicide bomb attacks. What will the impact be? Will the peace process collapse, or will both sides be able to look beyond this and try to stay on course? Will Israel retaliate militarily?

I think that a lot of people have the same reaction that I did this morning. "Not again." But it's easy to look at those pictures, feel bad for a minute or so, and change the channel. It's too easy to dismiss the human cost.

Post Date: 23rd Aug, 2003 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel
A Friend

Palestine vs. Israel

Here we go again. With these two groups any ceasefire or truce is not worth putting your faith in. Their words 'hold no water' (like the Chinese saying). Another long autumn and winter ahead ..... sad.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Aug, 2003 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel - Page 12

There is so much in this thread, I don't know where to start.

A few observations.

- There have always been Jews living in and around Jerusalem.  Go to any historical document, from 70AD to now, that talks about Jerusalem, and there will be mention of Jews in Jerusalem.

- From the mid-1800's on, the Jews BOUGHT the land from the Arabs.  The Arabs thought it was wonderful, as they considered the land worthless.  But then the Jews worked hard and made it fruitful.

- 1947, the UN (not Britain) partitioned the state of Transjordan into Jordan (for the Arabs) and Israel (for the Jews).  Thus, there IS a "Palestinian" country.  It is called Jordan.

- Until 1967, when the Arab countries attacked Israel, any reference to Palestinians was referring to Jews.  Arabs were called just that.  Arabs.

- After 1967, Arafat started the idea of Arabs as "Palestinians" with the express purpose of exciting the sympathy of the world for the aggressors, rather than the victims.

- In 1948, it was the ARAB countries that urged the Arabs to flee Israel, because the ARAB countries were going to scorch the earth so that no Jew would ever step foot there again.  They failed.

- Starting in 1948, it was the ARAB countries that denied the refugees the opportunity to recover.  Jordan, Syria, and Egypt set up horrific camps, and forced the refugees to live there.  Although all three countries were advertising throughout the Muslim world for people to come to them to work, they refused to allow refugees to work, to own property, to vote, or to even leave.

- Starting in 1948, the Muslim countries drove all the Jews out of their borders, confiscating their goods.  Over 800,000 people fled Iran, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Libya, etc.  The best independant (UN) estimates are that about 400,000 to 600,000 Arab refugees fled Israel.  Israel welcomed all the refugees from the Muslim countries.  The Muslim countries refused to allow the Arab refugees to settle in them, again despite that fact that all were suffering sever labor shortages.

- Arabs own 90% of the land in the region. Israel owns less than 10%.  Muslims own 99% of the land, Israel owns 1%.  Except for oil, Israeli GDP is about equal to all of the Muslim world.

- There is only one country in all the Middle East, where all Arabs are allowed religious liberty, economic liberty and opportunity, the right to own businesses, the right to vote, and the right to move or travel where they wish.  That country is Israel.

- Israel has never purposely targeted women and children.  Women and children have been killed in some of the violence, but it has always been unintentional.  This doesn't reduce the horror.

- Palestinain Arabs frequently target women and children.  Arab snipers apparently love to shoot Jewish children.  Bombers purposely target school busses, schools, and shopping centers.

- Netanyahu offered Arafat ALL of what he was demanding, as long as he would agree to peace.  Within days, Arafat started the new Intifada.

All of this, without any reference to the scriptural side of things.

NightHawk

29th Aug, 2003 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Palestine vs. Israel Studies Judaism - Page 12

I found this article today.  It has a lot to do with the discussion on this thread.

https://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34335

This is a Christian woman, who identifies closely with the Jews and with Israel.  She explains why.

She also speaks for me.

NightHawk

> TOPIC: Palestine vs. Israel

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,