Brigham Young Statue Vandalized

Brigham Young Statue Vandalized - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Oct, 2009 - 6:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

"Would you like a bronze copy of The Book of Mormon?"
5th Oct, 2009 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

I hope they can repair it. What a couple of morons! *shaking head*

international QUOTE
SALT LAKE CITY -- Two men were arrested for vandalizing a statue of LDS Prophet Brigham Young as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gathered for the Church's general conference in downtown Salt Lake City on Sunday.

Police said the two men were intoxicated when went to the Mormon Pioneer Memorial Monument park at 140 E. First Ave. They broke the book off of the statue and started walking down the street with it.

Chris DeSantis recognized the book, called police and led them to the alleged vandals. He said, "I thought, uh oh, that doesn't look good."

He told us by phone he was walking to the conference center Sunday afternoon when he noticed two men staggering, carrying alcohol and the heavy bronze book toward State Street.

He said, "A girl approached them the other way, and one of them reached out to her and said, "Would you like a bronze copy of The Book of Mormon?'"

DeSantis said he knew exactly what they were holding and started following 26-year-old Parley Mortensen and 26-year-old Stewart Bodenstab down the street while he called police. His instructions led officers directly to the alleged vandals....

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Oct, 2009 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Vandalized Statue Young Brigham

I listen to a local radio station here in salt lake (X96) and one of these guys actually called in to it on the Monday following this. He was a real idiot the hosts told him he shouldn't call a radio station and admit it and to get a lawyer.

7th Oct, 2009 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Brigham Young Statue Vandalized Studies Doctrine Mormon

I think I read somewhere there were two people involved I wonder how old they are? It's sad to hear these kind of things happening. They were probably intoxicated.

> TOPIC: Brigham Young Statue Vandalized

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,