Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge - Page 16 of 38

Thats because the Bush administration is made - Page 16 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Aug, 2006 - 2:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 38 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...Latest (38) »
Fair treatment?
Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge Related Information to Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge
30th Jun, 2006 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge - Page 16

I almost didn't post this because I am so sick of the political bickering. The whole thing boils down to the democrats and the news media being out of power and willing to say anything, do anything, blow any little nit picking incident totally out of proportion, or just flat lie to regain the Senate, Congress, and the White House. Then instead of the republicans taking control and leading this country they spend all their time willing to say anything, do anything, blow any little nit picking incident totally out of proportion, or just flat lie to keep the Senate, Congress, and the White House.

Where could this country go, what could we accomplish, what kind of country would we have, if all Senators and Congressmen were limited to one term? "No, No!" you say. "We need experience in Washington." Why? So the old dogs can teach the new dogs how to get re-elected, or so they can make sure we keep paying taxes through the nose, or so they can sit around doing nothing and vote themselves fat pay raises? Like I said, "I'm sick of both sides, mine and theirs!"

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2006 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge
A Friend

Revenge Justice Prisoners Guantanamo

For those people who wonder how I define torture? Torture is the use of bodily,physical or mental harm to coerce a person to do something.

Knocking people's teeth out, making them lay naked on top of another. And what about the legal limbo? It's not U.S. Territory, now is it? It is. By that argument, I wonder if you think people in say, U.S. Virgin Islands, have the right to a speedy and fair trial?

6th Jul, 2006 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge History & Civil Business Politics

Or..... torture could be what happened to two young marines in Iraq. The mutilation was too gross to describe in this thread.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 102 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.2%

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2006 - 7:17am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 16 Revenge Justice Prisoners Guantanamo

French agents questioned detainees in Guantanamo

The French government has been plunged into embarrassment by the revelation that its intelligence agents interrogated six French citizens inside the US detention camp at Guantanamo Bay.

Defence lawyers said the trial of the six men on terrorist charges, which began in Paris on Monday, had been seriously compromised. They said the French authorities had previously refused to admit that the six had been interrogated by French counter-terrorism agents at the detention centre in Cuba.
Ref. https://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article1162842.ece

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2006 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Revenge Justice Prisoners Guantanamo

SOURCES: RIGHTS PLEDGE FOR GITMO DETAINEES

All detainees in U.S. military custody at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, are to be granted all the privileges of the Geneva Conventions, sources have told CNN.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/11/guantana...neva/index.html

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2006 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

First off, let me say "good job" to the supreme court for recognizing an injustice against humanity. Since when in this country did it become "OK" to us american citizens to torture anyone for any reason? Ok, so two soldiers where killed and mutilated. If we find them, we will put them on trial for war crimes and makes them stand accountable to the human rights laws and geneva convention we helped put in place. Thats how laws work, someone breaks them, someone enforces them. In our case apparently, we have gone crazy and now say that as long as they break the law we put in place, then we can break it to!

Besides, which soldier what torturing our soldier? Which one was just doing his job as an Iraqi soldier under Saddam? Which soldier just wanted US occupation to end? If you don't know, they probably don't either, so just torture everyone has become the accepted norm. Excuse my next language.

THATS CRAP!

People need to stop looking at other people as inhuman or lower than human. If we can't up hold our own standards, then how can we expect others to uphold it? And perhaps no one remembers that when the first soldier abduction came out on TV, Gitmo had already been opened for many months. So maybe they didn't strike first, we did. After all, it wasn't torture to get back at them, it was to get information right? So it looks to me like we started the torture then they decided to get back at us. And what do we expect to happen when you treat a countries prisoners like that? No its not right on their part, but its wrong on ours too. Either way, people are being hurt in a way that is totally inhuman and cruel, and I cannot stand that fact that its my country doing or that my fellow country men are supporting it!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2006 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Guantanamo Prisoners Justice Revenge - Page 16

However, there are still loopholes! It seems that the Bush Administration is very negligent to actually put those Geneva Convention standards in practice. Moreover, it's limited and it should be full for anyone.

Post Date: 10th Aug, 2006 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Guantanamo Prisoners Justice Revenge Politics Business Civil & History - Page 16

Thats because the Bush administration is made out of teflon. They can do anything and they never get held accountable. Sure they have the ocassional media blitz, but to their supports, they can do no wrong. I just don't under stand how our republican judicial courts can almost unanimously say he is illegally torturing people, yet he still follows his own laws. Its amazing what he can get away with, with nothing more than a bad newspaper article or news report that goes away quickly.

> TOPIC: Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,