Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge - Page 22 of 38

So, it's to be another presidency - Page 22 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2009 - 6:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 38 pgs.  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26  ...Latest (38) »
Fair treatment?
Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge Related Information to Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2009 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge - Page 22

Australia may take Guantanamo men

Austrailia, Australia Australia says it is considering a United States request to take in prisoners from the detention centre at Guantanamo Bay.
Ref. Source 1

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jan, 2009 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Revenge Justice Prisoners Guantanamo

Australia has declined the offer. Why should they accept? The grounds they declined on is that the former detainees do not meet Australia's strict immigration policy. Why doesn't the US take them since they are the ones who detained them?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

4th Jan, 2009 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge History & Civil Business Politics

Good question. My guess is that these "detainees" in the US would provide too much of a reminder to US citizens of what's going on at Gitmo -- maybe too much publicity, too close to home.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

4th Jan, 2009 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

Page 22 Revenge Justice Prisoners Guantanamo

Why can't they locate their countries of origin and send them back there? No Middle Eastern country will accept these men?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

5th Jan, 2009 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Revenge Justice Prisoners Guantanamo

That's an even better question. Where are they from, and why can't they go home?

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2009 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge

Obama acts on Guantanamo trials

US President Barack Obama requests a temporary halt to trials at Guantanamo Bay, hours after taking the oath of office.
Ref. Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Jan, 2009 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Guantanamo Prisoners Justice Revenge - Page 22

Well, he seems to be on a roll, I wonder how he is going to appease the inmates too:

President Obama To Sign Executive Order Thursday to Close Gitmo Within a Year [4:20 p.m. ET]
Ref. ABC News

22nd Jan, 2009 - 6:43am / Post ID: #

Guantanamo Prisoners Justice Revenge Politics Business Civil & History - Page 22

So, it's to be another presidency of Executive Orders. Nobody votes on it; no speeches on the floor of the House or Senate; no possibility of override. Don't get me wrong, Gitmo has been a horrible political and ideological nightmare, and I think it needs to be resolved in a decisive way. Is a year enough to resolve all the issues surrounding this place? What exactly will be done with the "detainees"? It's not just going to go away, in my opinion.

> TOPIC: Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,