Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge - Page 12 of 38

Guantanamo Bay detainees play soccer, eat - Page 12 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Jul, 2005 - 4:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 38 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (38) »
Fair treatment?
Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge Related Information to Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge
19th Jun, 2005 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge - Page 12

Well that is the nice thing about this forum, there are good arguments from all. Personally I think this argument has run it usual course; neither side is going to change their mind and the arguments will run in circles. I will argue to keep it open and you will argue it should be closed. Like you I don't see my self changing my opinion about the war or Camp X-Ray. I respect you for your opinion and encourage you to voice it, that is the nice thing about true freedom. I will keep my opinion and voice it too.

Offtopic but,
Yes I know we armed the Taliban in the 80's, I have never said that the leaders of the U.S. Senate, Congress, Executive office or Judical branch were very intelligent but that is a different post I think. I may have to go to the Afghanistan board to post some there now.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 13 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.3%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2005 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Revenge Justice Prisoners Guantanamo

DURBIN APOLOGIZES FOR GITMO REMARKS

The Senate's No. 2 Democrat apologized Tuesday for remarks comparing the treatment of detainees at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp to methods used by the Nazis, Soviets and other repressive regimes.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/06/21/gua...rbin/index.html

3rd Jul, 2005 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge History & Civil Business Politics

Here is documentation of real abuse at Guantanamo.

https://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?en...itmo_Abuse&only

People getting their teeth knocked out. People getting bitten. People being tormented by horrible sounds.

Read it and weep.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

4th Jul, 2005 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

Page 12 Revenge Justice Prisoners Guantanamo

Those poor guards. We had better lock up those nasty terrorists, strip them of all their rights and throw the keys away!

What is the background of the "editor" for this blog, it appears very agenda driven?

Message Edited!
Persephone: Do not use diety in your posts as a means of expression.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

4th Jul, 2005 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Revenge Justice Prisoners Guantanamo

Littlegreenfootballs is probably the most agenda driven blog available. He got tired of all the people claiming that Islam is a "religion of peace", that everything is all America's fault, etc, etc, etc. So, he gathers lots of news from around the world. Muslims hate him with a passion usually reserved for "apostates". Liberals hate him even worse. He is the conservative balance to the Daily Kos, the US and British media, and the Democratic Underground. He is also one of the most prolific writers and aggregators in the blogosphere.

However, as you hopefully noticed, he ALWAYS links to his sources.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

4th Jul, 2005 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge

I am personally not impressed or amazed whatsoever about the reaction of these prisoners towards the guards. If you ask me, if I am in the same exact situation where I have no rights whatsoever, where I have no contact at all with judges or lawyers and my family does not even know if I am alive or dead and I do not know how they are either, and I have NO hope whatsoever to be released or have a fair trial...then I would probably not only I will get their teeth knocked out and bite them all over maybe something even worst, not because I may want to do that but because my state of mind would be so terrible that I may go insane inside of there and I think that is exactly what's going on with lots of prisoners and guards at Guantanamo.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Jul, 2005 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

Guantanamo Prisoners Justice Revenge - Page 12

The mental state of these prisoners is another issue altogether. If I was innocently locked up with no hope or rights I too would start attacking the guards. I don't think that is hard to believe, their mental state would have deteriorated dramatically.

We have a similar problem in Australia with a small percentage of asylum seekers who are locked up in detention centres for years. Anecdotal research would suggest if you have no hope for the future it can be quite taxing.

But I think we are getting a little bit side-tracked on the extent of torture that goes on at Guantanamo Bay. It's hardly a concentration camp. Sure there is physical torture and obviously a lot of mental torture, which I think is even worse. But the problem for these people isn't the torture they receive, it's their lack of human rights. That in itself is the worst form of abuse these people are suffering.

Offtopic but,
Regardless of my views or beliefs, I am amazed greenfootie has any following or hatred levelled against him. He links his points-of-view with like minded reports from conservative media, but how is unbalanced reporting that makes no attempt to find truth credible? Also, how is the US media not conservative? Fox news, the most watched news service in the US, surely can't be left-wing? Do they make a separate version for international audiences?

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 5th Jul, 2005 - 10:53am

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2005 - 4:53pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Guantanamo Prisoners Justice Revenge Politics Business Civil & History - Page 12

Guantanamo Bay detainees play soccer, eat well: US senator

AFP - Inmates from the US-led war on terror held at the prison camp at the US naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba are well treated, play outdoor sports, and have access to a broad Muslim-approved menu, a US senator who traveled to the site said.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...tacksguantanamo

> TOPIC: Guantanamo Prisoners: Justice or Revenge

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,