Patriarchal Blessing Scripture

Patriarchal Blessing Scripture - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Oct, 2009 - 4:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
15th Sep, 2009 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Considering the magnitude of what is shared with us in a Patriarchal Blessing should we view and accept a Patriarchal Blessing as Scripture?

Sponsored Links:
16th Sep, 2009 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

Scripture Blessing Patriarchal

Many times, I have read or heard that we can, and should, consider Patriarchal Blessings to be scripture to us. We must be very careful to never apply something we learn in our own Patriarchal Blessing to other people, nor should we attempt to derive doctrine from someone else's blessing.

17th Sep, 2009 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Patriarchal Blessing Scripture Studies Doctrine Mormon

Not sure to be honest jb. I see it as a guidance you know what am I saying? But that's about it I cant claim it as a scripture.

18th Sep, 2009 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

I see my Patriarchal Blessing like scripture to me because it tells me where I came from and why I am here. It also tells me what my mission is on earth and what I need to do to return to my heavenly father. I especially like to read it when I am feeling down or depressed it makes me feel better.

21st Sep, 2009 - 5:07am / Post ID: #

Its Revelation for me, isn't that was scripture is? But that revelation is for me, not for others.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2009 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Scripture is the written word of God. So I will agree and say that a patriarchal blessing definitely is scripture, but as it is a personal blessing, it is not meant for the good of the world but for our own good.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2009 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would say no, but with an asterisk. Scripture is Gods written words meant for the masses. I would call it personalized written revelation from God. I would consider the word of the Prophet, when speaking in his role as a prophet, scripture. It would be along the same lines as having a very personal revelation. Very sacred to you, but not considered "scripture"

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2009 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Patriarchal Blessing Scripture Mormon Doctrine Studies

international QUOTE
Scripture is Gods written words meant for the masses

international QUOTE
  I would consider the word of the Prophet, when speaking in his role as a prophet, scripture

Is scripture written or not in your opinion? You just gave an example of unwritten scripture. Are we talking scripture from an etymological standpoint or from a theological one? From an etymological point of view, the prophets words cannot be scripture, for scripture come from "scrips, -is" which means "to have written." Spoken word is not written but given orally and later may be written down.

Why do you think all scripture needs to be for the masses? We know that Jesus taught one thing in public and another to his apostles in private, and even something other to the very elect ones. Would not revelation given to them denote scripture? And also, what do you mean with prophet? One of our big problems to me now adays is we don't know how prophet is defined. For the correct definition of "prophet" I would refer you to Teachings Of The Prophet Joseph Smith (comp. By Joseph Fielding Smith), p. 160. What you mean is president of the priesthood.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Patriarchal Blessing Scripture

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,