Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? - Page 9 of 42

LDS I know, dear lady, I know what you are - Page 9 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 7th Mar, 2003 - 3:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 42 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (42) »
This thread is NOT specifically about Iraq, the USA, or Afghanistan. It is about Osama Bin Laden himself and the views of the Middle Eastern world about him. Share your views.
Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? Related Information to Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2003 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?
A Friend

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? - Page 9

LDS
It may surprise you to learn that I agree with you on most of your points.

a- If America is going to demand disarmament, they too, should disarm. If I were the leader of a small country and Bush came spouting get rid of weapons, I would say "Sure thing- just as soon as you get rid of yours".
That is also my policy on gun control in America. When the police quit bearing arms, so will I. Otherwise, forget it.

We also to easily forget that it was the USA who gave Iraq those weapons in the first place. HELLO!!!

I don't think that we take it lightly. It's our guys who will be getting killed over there, and there is a very large anti-war protest going on right now. I am a former soldier. I have been shot at, and I sure don't take it lightly.

I must say that I am an advocate of The Monroe Doctrine. Were it up to me, I would pull our troops- and financial aid- out of every country in the world, and get back to taking care of business right here at home. We have a plethora of problems we need to focus on.

I support this war because bin Laden killed my bretheren in the WTC and other places. Therefore, I support hunting him down like a dog, and taking on anybody that gives him aid and comfort. That includes Iraq, Saudia Arabia, Iran and Jordan.

As for Bush having this planned before 9/11, I not sure he's that smart a strategist.

I do not like America trying to be the policemen of the world. It's none of our business in the first place, and no matter how good our intentions might be, no one is going to appreciate the effort.

Personally, I would have let Hitler run roughshod all over Europe and spent the time preparing to take him out the minute he looked our way. I would have never formed an alliance with Russia. I would have let Hitler cripple them. Let both sides fight themselves into exhaustion, then they wouldn't have any steam left to bother us.

I agree with you and the rest of Europe that America needs to get out of there and stay out.

And as for the final portion where you asked about the rules being for everybody, etc., the honest answer is because men will never give up power. They will never give up an advantage when they get one. Men have a huge streak of the bully in them, whether they be a drunk in a bar or a President or Prime Minister.

The rules aren't for everybody. The rules are for those who can enforce them on others. This is the male, patriarchal world, dear lady. Not nice, not pretty, not just. The strong live, the weak die. I have lived long enough to see the weaknesses of it. Ten years ago I would have revelled in it.

Don't believe that crap about "..we would never use our weapons..blah, blah..." That is pure poppycock.
We or any other country will do whatever the leader thinks he can get away with.

Solution??  Elect women!!!!! Let them run things.
Sumeria existed for three thousand years under matrilineal rule and never had a war!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2003 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

JB
In answer to what will bin Laden do next-
Probably get caught. The noose is tightening, my friend.

7th Mar, 2003 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe? Islam Studies

[quote]I must say that I am an advocate of The Monroe Doctrine. Were it up to me, I would pull our troops- and financial aid- out of every country in the world, and get back to taking care of business right here at home. We have a plethora of problems we need to focus on. [/quote]

I believe the only reason the US has not done that is if you are to remain at the 'top' you have to insure you have a piece of everyone's pie. Logistically and economically I do not think any nation can really survive without some ally, aide, partnership, treaty, etc of another creature.

:smile.gif Just think of a small island like Trinidad... we would be over run in a sec by a bigger nation if we did not have some 'big brother' looking out for us or have a bigger nation investments in the land.

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2003 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 9 Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

JB
You are right, brother.
There is a huge streak of helpfulness and a big dislike for bullies in ordinary, man-on-the-street Americans, which is why we do the things we do.
People around the world don't realize that we don't have to involve ourselves, but we do.

I just happen to be one of those who is a hermit by nature, and that tends to spill over into my larger world view.

To emphasize that  point, another reason I supported invading Afganistan, I saw the special done by the lady who snuck into the country and filmed the Taliban executing a woman. After that, me and everyone I know was out for blood on those punks.

You are also correct about the "needing a piece of everyone's pie" to stay on top. I, to put it bluntly, would make a lousy politician.

7th Mar, 2003 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Foe Friend Laden Bin Osama

What a interesting reply Stranger! thanks for your insights. Besides the points I made before what bothers me the most about the United States behaviour are these things:

1) ONLY and ABSOLUTLY ONLY if any country or man touch their 'butt' THEN they react and want to go and get Bin Laden or whoever try to attack the USA. ONLY if their interests are in jeopardy, because let's be honest, nobody was talking about Afghanistan before 9/11! and that's the kind of hypocresy that drives me nuts!. They went to catch Bin Laden ONLY for what happened in 9/11, no other reasons and when they come with the speech of freedom and protecting the world and blah blah blah then I go crazy because they never cared about it before 9/11...because listen the Taliban was there since 1996 and the people were suffering long time before, and how many other countries have people who are in similar situations? Hundreds!so let's be clear that the only reason they are doing all this is because of THEMSELVES, because they 'touched' them NOT for the world's sake! :smile.gif (Sometimes I'm wonder seriously if the USA really think they're Captain America or Superman, listen to some americans speaking, I cannot believe that they really think the Government is doing all this to help people!).

2) Like you mentioned, they think they are the police of the world. That's really annoyning, specially when they say that they're doing it for the people who they didn't ask the USA to do anything and the USA thinks they have the right to invade a country and even remove a president! are we all nuts or what?.
I don't believe in any good intentions behind this, come on, politians with good intentions? LOL LOL LOL. (that's the kind of 'innnocence' I see a lot in americans)

3) The USA demands of other countries to support their views, if you don't, then there are economic or political consequences. It seems sometimes what they preach as freedom is not really if you don't agree with them, all is gone.

4)The pride of Pres. Bush saying how Iraq or other countries in fact envy them...come on..is that necessary? the attitude of 'we are better than the rest of the world' makes people very upset and yes some of them get so sick of it that they become anti-americans. Those of us who are not american citizens  come from countries which we love, respect and serve, we don't come from countries that are from the 1st world yes, but we don't envy nothing to nobody. I think we need some respect from them.

7th Mar, 2003 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

[quote]You are also correct about the "needing a piece of everyone's pie" to stay on top. I, to put it bluntly, would make a lousy politician. [/quote]
Don't worry we still love you, even if you are from the USA. *LOL* Seriously though, I think that we can only truly know the truth about anything done in this world after we go to the next side. I mean politicians, world leaders, etc have some answering to do and a bigger price to pay since their influence means death and life to so many.

By the way....
Latest news is that they caught Osama's sons in Afghanistan. They are going to make the guy really  mad. Wonder if they plan to use them as a barganing tool?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Mar, 2003 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe - Page 9

[quote]What a interesting reply Stranger! thanks for your insights. Besides the points I made before what bothers me the most about the United States behaviour are these things: [/quote]
@LDS_forever: Everyone is going to think you are from the Taliban *LOL* There must be a good thing you like about the US?

Post Date: 7th Mar, 2003 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Osama Bin Laden Friend Foe Studies Islam - Page 9

LDS
I know, dear lady, I know what you are saying.
We here in America go head to head with our own politicians every day!!

They are generally full of it!!! Most of our politicians haven't got enough sense to come in out of the rain.

It's no wonder we have a terrible image abroad. We have morons running the country!!! I AM WITH YOU, DARLIN'!!!

And yes, it is true that we are so self-involved that we rarely notice things happening thousands of miles away.

Have you ever been here?
We are a truly blessed nation. We are rich, have soooo many wonderful things, it's easy, far too easy, to be sidetracked by all our luxury.

I admit our shortcomings. But in our defense, we would love for everybody to have the magnificent blessings we have.

JB
Yeah, I heard about his boys getting nabbed.
About the politicians having to answer..
That is another thing I like about America. We, the people, can MAKE them answer.

We tend to be lazy about it, but every now and then we get fed up enough to snatch them back into line.

Every now and again I reflect on the group of men who wrote our Constitution and am amazed at their sheer genius. They were so far ahead of their time and so insightful it just blows me away.

Naw, they aren't going to use the Osama juniors for bargaining chips. They're gonna send them over to my house for a little "..questioning".  heh heh

Seriously, if you have noticed, every one they've captured has spilled his guts. These guys will cave also. Some 'suicide warriors they turned out to be.

LDS
One final note.
Concerning respect, you can't judge in generalized terms, especially when you're looking at public figures.
I try not to judge others by their leaders or public spokesmen or any who get their faces in front of the cameras. You know what you are hearing is pure poppycock.
Better to judge on people you have met, and then you can only judge them.
If I were to judge based on the leaders of a country I would have long ago bombed both France and Germany.

> TOPIC: Osama Bin Laden Friend or Foe?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,