Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 18 of 449

I am keeping track of bard song bonuses for - Page 18 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Jun, 2010 - 2:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 449 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 11th Jun, 2010 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 18

Aive is not with you on this trip. I know krusten is not. We seem to be missing a few people? If they wish to join up real quick they best say so.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jun, 2010 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I don't know who else we're missing, we've got 7 people, with Krusten and Aive it would be 9, which is about the max we've ever had, 10 with Lionel: RPGPundit/Pundit, PlayByPost/Beast, Oliron, Rentok/Ryorst, Vilikin, Ashar and myself are the only players that I'm aware of at present.

Pundit: He immediately gallops towards the man to aid him.
"Do not fear we will protect you."
SA: With everone watching my back I will go forward and heal the man using a spell.

Ashar also wanted to examine the man for signs of being disguised, but it looks more like he's injured.

Namdar will ride out with Pundit to meet and talk to the man and try to get an idea of what's going on, if possible using phrases and wording to ask him if he's in danger and being forced to block their path and if there is an ambush, without being obvious, while keeping the wagons on ready.

"Well met, good farmer. You look of poor humor and in need of rest. We will take care of your wagon for you - here have some water. How do you come to be so far out here by yourself - I hear there are dangers on this road, from bandits to orcs and maybe worse. Surely you did not fall upon such hard times?" asks the half-orc loud enough to appear to be making conversation and appearing to be surprised, while he tries to get an idea of what could be going on, watching the man's eyes for signs of indications of what direction danger might come from.

12th Jun, 2010 - 5:26am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

ooc: I went to work and came back to find all this going on. I just want to toss this into the mix before I get left behind.

Oliron takes his horse off the path and trots ahead threw the woods, flanking the wagon. He has one sword drawn and is scanning for hostile targets.

Spot: 16 - with mods.

14th Jun, 2010 - 10:06am / Post ID: #

Page 18 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

1. Oliron's had pulled off the road before the wagon had fully stopped at the wagon and anyone had approached it.

international QUOTE

Oliron sees the three orcs, he urges the horse forward while drawing his other blade. Oliron rides in, waiting until he is in range then hops down off his horse while attacking with both blades. Adding the momentum of his horse and gravity to the attack.

- with mods. -
Initiative roll: 21
Handle Animal: 14
Ride: 20
Jump: natural 20 = 24
Dex roll: 18 (rolled a 15 +3)
Sword 1 att: 5
Sword 2 att: natural 20 = 21, crit. X2
Sword 1 damage: 6
Sword 2 damage: 21 biggrin.gif
Cleave att: 12
Cleave damage: 13

ooc: I am not sure if KNtoran knows this but my AC is 18 now because I am not using a shield.

2. Ryorst had previously posted an action I forgot, thus it was my fault - if the GM wants to take that into account, to maybe let him have a chance to roll his own initiative (use one of the D20 rolls in his quoted post?) and get off a shot as the orcs come out, that would be good, etc.
international QUOTE

Ryorst
SA: Shoot any orc or other hostile that steps out of cover in view. Otherwise, keep watch.

Rolls:
1d20: 8, 3, 20
1d12: 5, 2, 12
1d10: 4, 1, 10
1d8: 8, 1, 2
1d6: 1, 4, 4

Second Action if needed:

Ryorst (reloads and) fires at the orc closest to the caravan.

Inititative:
1d20+2: 14

Attack Roll:
1d20+4: 22

Damage:
1d10: 7

3. Namdar will:

A. Tell Pundit to get back to the wagons, then
B. Yells back to the caravan about the ambush, and
C. Backs his horse up as well, covering Pundit's retreat, before
D. Drawing his scimitar and charging into the nearest group of orcs, swinging at whichever is either closest or looks to be in charge.

ROLLS:
Init D6: 3 + 1 = 4
Ride D20: 17 + 1 = 18
Scimitar D20: 11 + 3 = 14
Damage D6: 3 +2 = 5

4. Beast hears the commotion and decides to brace for an attack but he will hold from his end, no sense leaving the back exposed so I will hold up here.
SA: ready to fight anyone attacking from rear.
Rolls: (please note I'm putting down a lot of rolls! with mods added)
Mods added:
d20 - 20,8,11,12,16,25
d12 - 14,12,6,11,12,10

5. Ashar sees the commotion ahead and begins to sing a rousing battle hymn. He moves to the front of the caravan loading his crossbow as well.
-- OOC: [Init roll = 12 (10+2)]. Bardic Music Inspire Courage - An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls - this lasts as long as you can hear me singing plus 5 rounds.

international QUOTE

Oliron Note:

If I can hear that music my cleave will be a 13 to attack roll. Which will hit the orc unless he has a different AC than stated in the monster statistics. I had 12, with the +1 to att roll I should have 13. Just saying, Geoff said he was playing the instrument wile traveling so maybe I did get this bonus to my stats. If so I will kill the second orc leaving only one to fight me. Please inform KNtoran of this, having one less orc to fight me would be nice. Also I wonder does this music affect the others who have rolled as well. It is happening in the same round so shouldn't the entire party be given this bonus.

** No actions, initiative, hit or damage rolls or spells were posted for the below, so we'll assume they are readying for battle and getting into safe spots to prepare their weapons, spells, etc.

6. Pundit - ?
7. Vilikin - ?

16th Jun, 2010 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

1. Pundit

sa: Stands ground and fights the nearest orc. Will stand ground to protect farmer but if there are any nearby orcs I will fight them.

d20: 5,6,11,20,6 (no modifiers added)
d12: 6,2 (no modifiers added)
d10: 2,6,8,3,7,7 (no modifiers added)

2. Beast

Beast isn't here to play and he bet the three orcs want his shiny new carriage so he yells out the best scary war cry he can come up with and lunges at the three orcs.

sa: Attack with war cry. I already gave rolls.

3. Ryorst

Ryorst holsters his crossbow and pulls out his Greataxe, he prepares to hack at any orc that comes close enough.

SA: Ready attack action to attack first enemy to come within range as soon as it is within range.

Rolls:
Attack Roll:
1d20+7: 20+7=27

Crit Check (If necessary):
1d20+7: 9+7=16

Damage:
1d12+7: 12+7=19

Crit Damage (If necessary):
1d12+7+1d12+7: 12+7+5+7=31

Total Damage (If necessary):
31+19=50

OOC: I think that should kill whatever orc is unlucky enough to come close enough for my attack to hit. If none do, I'm SOOOOO keeping those rolls for next round.

4. Ashar

Round 2 Action

As the horde of orcs descend upon them, Ashar drops his whistle (free action), draws his magic sword and swings it two-handed at the closest beast.[Attack roll = 16 (15+1); Damage = 5 (4+1)]

OOC: 5 more rounds of Bardic Music

5. Oliron grunts as he is struck, he looks at his wound reflexively then quickly retaliates.

-with mods.-
att. 2d20: 6, 15
dam. 2d10: 10, 7

If the orc dies, Oliron (covered in orc blood) makes his way to Pundit. With his new wound, and enemies all around, it makes more sense to be near a healer.

6. Namdar continues riding through the orcs' ranks, slicing and trampling, trying to keep them from mounting an effective offense or defense, or make any concerted effort such as a charge toward the wagons or anything noticeable like that.

Scimitar D20 Hit: 9, 15 (+3 for Mel Attk Bon to each for 12, 18)
Scimitar D6 Dmg: 6, 1 (+2 for Str Bon for each for 8, 3)

7. Vilikin - ? (second non-post from Vilikin - went inactive?)

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 16th Jun, 2010 - 2:56am

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2010 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I say for now roll attack rolls for Vilikin. If he does not respond before the next town he will be dropped off there.

Namday do you have two weapon fighting? I do not see it listed.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 17th Jun, 2010 - 10:17pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Jun, 2010 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 18

No I do not have two weapon fighting, I just always try to roll at least twice for everything in case you need a second roll for things, or a second unexpected turn, etc. I always post more rolls on my next turn so I assume the unused ones are ignored if not used, it's just something I do.

**NOTE: I did not take into account the +1 to Hit and Damage for the Bard song for myself (Namdar) in my rolls, and I'm not sure who else did or did not, so I know all mine should be one pip higher, if it was in effect.

Vilikin, Cleric 1, AC 14, HP?, MAB+SB: +1 (+1 again for Bard song) = +2
Scale mail +4, small steel shield +1, flail D8

D6 rolls (if needed): 4, 3
Flail Attack D20: 9, 6 (+bonus = 11, 8)
Flail Damage D8: 3, 6 (not sure about bonuses or if he hit)

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 17th Jun, 2010 - 10:34pm

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2010 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 18

I am keeping track of bard song bonuses for those that forget to add them in. Just go ahead and post the next party action and we will continue with melee round three. Include the above attacks for Vilikin.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.