Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 20 of 449

Something I forgot to give to all the party - Page 20 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Jul, 2010 - 2:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 449 pgs.  16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
5th Jul, 2010 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 20

Pundit keeps on the town to watch over Beast and preach to the people. He'll use his healing skills to heal one person per day. He'll turn over the healing wand back to Oliron.

Oliron will look into hiring some extra swordsmen for the task. This town seems to be military minded so there is bound to be some militia for hire he thinks. He asks Ashar the bard, and the others, to try and spread the word he is looking to hire swords to hunt down the hill giants.

Rather off topic, but...
Hireling, Trained: The amount given is the typical daily wage for mercenary warriors, masons, craftsmen, scribes, teamsters, and other trained hirelings. This value represents a minimum wage; many such hirelings require significantly higher pay.
Hireling, trained
3 sp per day

Oliron will spend 200 gp on this in total. He will try and purchase 1-7 trained fighting dogs, buying the max amount possible (25 gp a piece). With any remaining gold he will purchase militia men to join up in the hunt for the giants too.

Beast sees a half orc lady that catches his eye, she says she can cook deer meat like no one else can. Beast is like seeing stars and hearts so he follows her while saying to the others that he'll catch up with them later.

Seems the group has decided they want to seek out the hill giants. We want to keep a distance from them before we form a tighter plan on how to deal with them. Beast and Pundit are staying in town for a while. If I missed anyones actions I'm sorry just let me know and I'll get them posted.

The group sets out in the morning to locate and deal with the local hill giants.

Sponsored Links:
6th Jul, 2010 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

1. Ryorst
He introduces Eth to the party as they leave the town through the gate. He holds his small greataxe at the ready in one hand as they proceed, deciding caution is what the situation calls for, since hill giants likely outclass even him in strength. He remembers that Eth has not been told their current goal, and fills her in, emphasizing the need for caution.

((17 AC currently, due to buckler))

2. Oliron and Hirelings
Oliron puts one dog with each hired blade. Having them take care of one attack dog each. They will be a separate unit who answers to Oliron. He figures riding with the wagon might be best. Allowing the others without a mount a rest from travel. He allows the dogs to ride in his cart.

Oliron sits on top his hide barded horse, watching the party move out in the dawn's light. He prays to Pelor for a minute or two...He spurs his horse to catch back up with the wagon and rides a short distance ahead of it.

3. Eth
Eth, newly outfitted, travels along with the rest of the group to toward the giants' land.

4. Ashar (hasn't posted for 3 days)
? Assuming following along, performing as per his usual? If he doesn't post soon, we'll assume he didn't leave the town though.

5. Namdar
The half-orc will ride apart from the party somewhat, similar to Oliron, thinking giants surely can't sneak up on them very well. The group will accompany some of the people and wagons heading toward the quarry, and learn what they can.

Unadjusted rolls for Namdar or party if needed:
1D6: 4, 2, 2
1D12: 12, 12, 2
1D20: 10, 9, 12

OOC: I'm still not quite clear on the treasurer thing - you mean the character be the treasurer, carry around the party money? It's okay with me, someone just say.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 6th Jul, 2010 - 7:51pm

9th Jul, 2010 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The party will disembark from horses and wagons and retreat a bit of fair distance if necessary from the normal stopping point, to observe the surroundings and try to get an idea of a good place to lay any potential pit traps or set up any sort of staggered distraction ploys which would be used to separate the giants to keep them from coordinating power or intelligence in case of a conflict.

OOC: 1. The giants charge the stoneworkers/haulers a few copper every time they come to get some, and even then, the humans sometimes manage to trick the giants out of having to pay at all, or very much? Does anyone know if the giants have always been in this area - do they have an existing precedent to "own" the land and stone, in an informally "legal" way? They way it's being described, the giants don't seem really unreasonable.

2. Is there any indication of the general violence level/war-likeness of the giants, or if the orcs encroach on them, or are driving away what the giants need or otherwise interfere in their lifestyle? I know I can't know the outcome beforehand but is it even *somewhat likely/possible* the giants could be hired as mercenary forces to help repel the orcs?

10th Jul, 2010 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Page 20 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The group (including men at arms and dogs) will make camp nearby to stay the night or however long it takes the townies to do their thing and for the giants to show up.

Namdar makes final discussions with the rest of the group and other townsfolk and then sets up a small camp and prepares spots for the distractions and traps, such as pit traps and ropes across the main pathway, to lead the giants into, if they are able to distract them individually, to take them out one by one, by outsmarting them.

ROLLS:
1D6: 1, 2, 3
1D12: 7, 10, 5
1D20: 12, 3, 12

Namdar will do the transaction for the townsfolk, to get a chance to talk to the giants. He wants to find out directly from them:

1. When they moved this direction and took up residence here and why
2. If they have any trouble with the orcs and if they would be interested in fighting them for pay

He will give them the money they ask for but unless a good deal can be reached, or there is a good reason why they need the money, will tell them they won't be allowed to remain and collect tolls and need to move on, if they will not work for their money.

If hostilities are brewing, he will try to lead one if possible, away to the party, by himself, distracting it, fast-talking it, fooling it, where Namdar will warn the townsfolk to flee until the other party members can tackle it also, out of sight and hearing of the others, perhaps catching it with a pre-set-up trap, and the same as the others come to investigate, until a full battle ensues.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2010 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader
A Friend

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I have some rolling to do to sort all of this out. I will post in a bit with the results in the game thread.

12th Jul, 2010 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

1. Namdar dodges aside and unsheathes his own weapon and replies to the giant with his own violence, pretty much all thoughts of being able to reason with or come to any amiable agreement with them.

Too bad, he thought, as he maneuvered himself into a fighting stance that would still allow him to escape if necessary, while the other two fast reacting party members moved into place.

He swings his blade as the opportunity presents itself, and tries to lead the giant backward toward where where hopefully the party would be able to make short work of the giant, and prevent any surprise help from the giant's other allies/family, etc.

ROLLS:
D20 To-Hit: 11, 11, 10, 19, 13, 19
Scimitar Damage and D6: 5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 3
D12: 8, 4, 9, 10, 12

2. Oliron rides down to fight the hill giant attacking Namdar. He tells the hired men to stay at the rock pile and hide. They should run out and try to ambush if a giant comes to the rock pile.

d20: 18, 12
d10: 12, 9

3. Ryorst shakes his head and leaps onto the trail to the side of the giant opposite Oliron's charge. He brandishes his small greataxe in one hand and swings mightily at the giant.

"What did I tell you? This situation calls for bloodshed."

Rolls: (Unmodified)
d20: 9, 13
d10: 4, 7

4. Ashar - Last Site Visit 1 Week Ago, Presumed Dropout

5. Eth - ? standing by I guess

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 12th Jul, 2010 - 1:24am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jul, 2010 - 5:26am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 20

Eth is momentarily frozen with fear as the battle begins, there is no way she is going near that thing she thinks to herself as wave of panic rushes over. She can't believe its size and strength, but knows she must do something to help her friends,

Eth if more then 100ft away will move forward until she is that distance, frantically picking up rocks along the way.

loading them into her sling she will then fire them off
With ghost standing guard at her side

attack rolls
+ 4dex -2(range)-1(stone) =12 =13 =5 =16 ....(fail)
5 damage if something manages to hit.

This is Eth's actions for the round. JPatt was unable to post it due to the time requirements for posting.

Post Date: 13th Jul, 2010 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 20

Something I forgot to give to all the party members who made it to the town was experience. Add 400 experience to your character. Also make sure you add in all your bonuses on your to hit and damage rolls. I will post in the game thread when all of this is updated.

Just so you all know the AC for the hill giants is 20.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.