Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 21 of 449

They are all staying hidden until the giant - Page 21 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Jul, 2010 - 5:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 449 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 16th Jul, 2010 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 21

Since most of you leveled up you can reroll your attacks. I am resetting the game to the point that Namdar is about to be stepped on. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
18th Jul, 2010 - 8:54am / Post ID: #

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: Apparently no one else is going to post... So our party consists of myself, Oliron and Ryorst... ? Eth is around somewhere, I presume, and ... Let's see, that's four... Didn't we have five?

1. Namdar

I'm rerolling my attacks I guess but I don't know of any reason to do anything different, still attack and maybe try to distract and fool the giant and get him off by himself so we can gang up on him?

ROLLS (before adjustments)

D6 init?: 5
D20 to hit/saves etc: nat 20(!), 15, 9, 13, 9, 16
D6 scimitar damage: 5

OOC: Again, perhaps we should flee if we find this first round doesn't go well, assuming we survive?

2. Ryorst
Ryorst steps out to the left of the giant and hacks his axe at it's legs, trying to trip it.

OOC: Let's see what we can't do about that AC of this thing. Then we can just flank and aid another.

Unmodified rolls:
d20: 16, 4, 14
d12: 10, 2, 6
d10: 3, 9, 5
d6: 5, 5, 3

3. Oliron

OOC: Anyways, I plan on using my sword two handed and sheathing the other for the next attack. That will give me a huge bonus to my attack roll and a small bonus to my damage I think. I am contemplating jumping off my horse onto its back or doing a leaping downward cleave (not the Feat proper necessarily) aimed at its head or something.

It doesn't look like he has any buddies backing him up because it takes them so long to get down the pass. So it will be the dogs, hired swords, and us versus the one hill giant. I am wondering about that trap we set though. If we all miss or one of us dies maybe we should run him to the trap and then attack with the hired swords and dogs.

4. Eth (Testubject)
? support? helping prepare and set or activate traps?

or

if I, as PL am allowed to roll for Eth, submit following rerolled but otherwise identical turn for the character (note that the to-hit rolls in the quoted text are RAW rolls, NOT adjusted for the stats, though the text says they are, I don't know what modifiers you're allowing so I'll let you make those judgments - the damage rolls are accurate and adjusted for +3 damage for Str though, I believe):

international QUOTE
Eth is momentarily frozen with fear as the battle begins, there is no way she is going near that thing she thinks to herself as wave of panic rushes over. She can't believe its size and strength, but knows she must do something to help her friends,

Eth if more then 100ft away will move forward until she is that distance, frantically picking up rocks along the way.

loading them into her sling she will then fire them off
With ghost standing guard at her side

attack rolls (or whatever all D20 rolls are needed)
+ 4dex -2(range)-1(stone): =nat20, =6, =nat19, =14
2 (+3 Str bonus) =5 damage total, then =7, =8 and =6 for damage rolls

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2010 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I got no attack from the Oliron, the hired sword and the dogs. Are they some place else. Also for your trap I did not see any post that you were making a trap just that you were thinking of building a trap.

20th Jul, 2010 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 21 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Aive
=12 =13 =5 =16
These are my attack rolls for the next four rounds Thats with all modifiers already.

Oh and if its ac gets low enough that something hits it I do 5 damage, also this is from 100ft away and my wolf, ghost is standing guard at my side.
---
Oliron sees the giant laying down and venerable. He takes the opportunity to strike a lethal blow.

ride: 9 (+7 ride skill) = 16

called shot head: 13 (+4 hill giant laying down) - (+2 flank) - (+7 melee attack bonus) = attack roll 26

Damage roll: 4 (+ 4 strength - two handed) = 8 damage, though I think with the called shot it would be more damage, not sure.

Dex check roll 15 (+3) = 18
---
Ryorst takes this opportunity to attack the downed giant.

Rolls:
d20: 13 (+5 STR, +4 Prone, +2 BAB, -2 wrongly sized weapon = 13+9 = 22)

1d10: 8 (+5 STR = 13)
---
If the bard is with us we want him to be playing his inspiring music. If he is playing music none of us have added that bonus.

The hired swords are going to wait hidden among the rock pile for now. Ready to ambush any more hill giants that might be coming to the rock pile.
---
Namdar (from last post)
D20 to hit/saves etc: nat 20(!), 15, 9, 13, 9, 16
D6 scimitar damage: 5, 5, 6, 2, 2
I didn't add any bonuses to these rolls, I'm not sure if he added any bonuses to his attack rolls, I rolled the damage.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2010 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I hate when I post in the wrong thread at times. I will put this in the right thread for all to see.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 20th Jul, 2010 - 11:18pm

23rd Jul, 2010 - 5:58am / Post ID: #

Oliron attacks the hill giant again from its flank. He grits his teeth and puts all he can muster into the attack.

d20: 12 + 7 att. Roll bonus + 2 flank = 21
d10: 10 + 3 str. +1 two handed = 14
---
Once Eth and ghost see the next Giant coming they get the hell out of its way! Eth will run off to the side and hide for a round just incase this one attacks.

21 hide
she will use the run action too so she moves 120ft
---
Ryorst makes another slash with his axe.

Rolls:
1d20+5: 16+5 = 21
1d10+5: 9+5 = 14
---
Namdar continues with her attack with previous rolls.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2010 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 21

What actions if any are the swordsmen and the guard dogs going to do as the second giant gets closer?

24th Jul, 2010 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 21

They are all staying hidden until the giant is within ambush range. Once it is close enough they will rush it and hopefully kill it. They have been hidden the whole time so I think they get like a +10 to their hide checks. The dogs are trained so I am hoping they are remaining silent. If I can get all those dogs and men to ambush the giant they will do a lot of damage I think. The dogs will bite, second round jumping on it attacking and or grappling style. The men will fire arrows before the dogs arrive at the giant and then attack melee while the dogs grapple it. With the dogs grappling it I am pretty sure the men will be able to get in base with it and attack as well.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.