Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 272 of 449

Lukas shouts, "No!", an - Page 272 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Feb, 2017 - 5:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 449 pgs.  268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 3:43pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 272

Out of Character: I need to know where everyone is and who all is attempting to read or understand what is on the door.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Feb, 2017 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: Albrecht is standing back where they first turned the corner to see the blocked entrance. As I understand it, everyone is back there, and Lukas sent his psicrystal forward. Avan posted that if the psicrystal fails to read (Or Lukas through the psicrystal fails to read) the text, then he will approach and try on his own. I think Zork, Albrecht, Champ, Lukas, and Avan are staying back by the corner. Krusten hasn't posted yet and Faerydae is outside the cave entirely.

Reconcile Edited: Alchyrogue on 3rd Feb, 2017 - 3:55pm

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 3:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: At Albrecht's suggestion, the rest of us are hanging back while Lukas' psicrystal checks out the writing. It should be able to read the same languages as he, or describe the writing if it is an unknown language. Neither Lukas nor Rudy have much experience with the Arcane, so would have trouble recognizing glyphs, explosive writing and the like.

Damnit, why do I get the feeling I'm going to be asking about the consequences of losing a psicrystal soon.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 272 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: Yep, looks like we have an incoming explosive runes, or something similar, and apparently it was ruled we didn't hang back far enough.

Rudy's defensive capabilities: HP 3, Hardness 8, Improved evasion (Half damage on reflex failure, no damage on pass), immunity to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, necromancy effects, mind-affecting effects (Charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects), and any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless it also works on objects or is harmless. Also not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigued, exhaustion, or energy drain.

So for instance, if Rudy fails his save vs 20 damage, he'll take 2. (20/2)-8

Quite a list. However, upon being reduced to 0 or less HP, the psicrystal is immediately destroyed rather than simply rendered unconscious and dying. The consequences of this instance to the master are not defined by the rules, but I imagine that the equivalent rules for the loss of an arcane familiar would be a good starting point.

P.S. No, I didn't forget the bonus, Lukas' Ref save is a 0, and Rudy's save mods mirror the master.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd Feb, 2017 - 10:12pm

4th Feb, 2017 - 2:55am / Post ID: #
Zork III
Fighter 3
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Third says...

Out of Character: Zork doesn't know or understand what happens but at the appropriate time he hopes to react if something does.

Zork III Results:
  • Reflex on D20 (+2): 7 (1 roll)

4th Feb, 2017 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dark Druid says...

Avan suspected something, but wasn't cautious enough as he tries to dive out of the way.

Out of Character: Mr Fluffles has Evasion.

Avan Ohek Results:
  • Reflex on D20 (+3): 5 (1 roll)
  • Cat Reflex on D20 (+6): 17 (1 roll)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Feb, 2017 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 272

Born Free says...

"What the… " says Krusten as she tries to move quick enough.

Out of Character: My rolls better not let me down this time.

Krusten Results:
  • Reflex on D20 (+4): 19 (1 roll)

Post Date: 5th Feb, 2017 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 272

Lukas shouts, "No!", an instant before a shard of his mind is torn asunder. The wall of flame boiling out of the passage catches and flings him aside into the wall. His broken form falls to the floor, motionless.

Out of Character: down at -6, was asked for Int Save, as this isn't 5E, making an untyped Int Check instead. If a Will save was meant instead, add 1 to the result. P.S. Is it 91+ that marks a pass on stabilization checks? The rules aren't exactly clear.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 5th Feb, 2017 - 6:03am

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.