Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 13 of 449

AIVE: OOC: OOPS so sorry I don't know - Page 13 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th May, 2010 - 8:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 449 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (449) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
25th Apr, 2010 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader - Page 13

Krusten:
SA: Take a long stick to try and open the chamber.

Beast:
Beast stands nearby with his weapon in hand to hit whatever might jump out.

Oliron:
SA: Oliron looks around scanning the treeline bow notched. Every so often he looks back to Krusten and that area as well curiously.
- with mods. -
Spot: 16
Listen: 7

Namdar:
Sadly remembering his horrendously bent lockpick, Namdar decides to do what he can with the tools he does still have, also helping in Avie's efforts (below) to Find Traps, Search, Spot, Listen, Disable (or Open) Device (Door), etc.

D20: 12, 7, 15 (not sure which mods to apply, depending on which skill)

Aive:
While Krunsten searches for a stick Aive will quickly search the entrance to the chamber for any traps,
search 26

If he finds one, after warning the party to move away will attempt to disable it.
disable device 20

If its trap free he will press his ear against it and listen for any movement below
Listen 12

If we cant open it from a distance Aive will offer his crowbar to beast and explain how to use it. Either way he will be standing behind Beast when it opens.

Sponsored Links:
26th Apr, 2010 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Oliron looks around for some sign of orcs, tracks or anything that will give them an idea of were the orcs are.
Search: 14, 14

If trapped Aive will attempt to disable the chest,
After he is sure there is no traps he will wait until the chest has been removed from the hole and everyone has marveled upon it before he attempts to pick the lock.
OOC: question for the DM is there signs this has been used pre or post fire? (11 no mods if you want a roll)
search 25
disable device 21
lock pick 19

Namdar will assist but with a bent/broken set of lockpicks, he knews he will only be so much good, so lets Aive take the lead. He instead looks suspiciously at the sword and wonders if the magically inclined of the party has any thoughts about it.

28th Apr, 2010 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The party loads the chest on to the back of Oliron's cart. While they discuss further how to divvy the treasure. The party moves in formation around the immediate surrounding area searching for any sign of orcs. Any sign that might give them a clue as to how long ago the orcs were here and in what direction they might be.

- A few rolls just in case -
2d20: 10, 9
2d12: 12, 11
2d6: 4, 6

29th Apr, 2010 - 7:01am / Post ID: #

Page 13 Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

We decided on a division of the treasure, about 907gp value each total (70pp+157gp+1gem ea), with Lionel and Ryorst splitting one share (but each getting 1 gem), and 2 gems being put in the Party Pool, if it matters to you as GM.

I'm sure you've seen Aive's post concerning the magic detection description so I'll let you deal with that, and Krusten attempting to find out as much as she can about the magic of the sword.

Past that, the party will continue west with the chest in the wagon, following the best trails we can find that indicate orc activity, people needing help, etc.

30th Apr, 2010 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

Leader Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Namdar and the group continue to press on west, alert for trouble and activity.

Aive:
Staying close to the party but taking advantage of the slow pace and heavy surroundings he slips into the shrubbery and sneaks along hidden, looking and listening for trouble,

Hide 24, 23,
Move silently 18, 27
Some spare with no mods 15, 3, 1, 5, 10

Also like to see if any of the other characters besides Krusten, such as Pundit, are able to detect any sort of different enchantments on the sword.

2nd May, 2010 - 8:59am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

AIVE:
Aive shows the signal whistle that is around his neck, "I will blow this if I or Namdar am in need of help otherwise I will keep moving forward in front of you until I find something and return to let you know", then he disappears back into the bushes.

15, 22, Move silently
27, 29(nat) hide

14 24 spot
9 20 listen

Will keep about 50 feet to the right of namdar

RYORST:
he notices the group and heads over to them, quietly, but not to catch them off guard.

NAMDAR and PARTY:
Overall the party is moving forward slowly and quietly, as obscured in the bushes as they can be, while Namdar and Aive scout up ahead, using stealth, to try to get an idea of what is going on, so the party knows what they may be walking into, and can be prepared.

Move Silent, Hide, Spot, Listen (no mods):
D12s: 9, 12
D20s: 20, 9

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th May, 2010 - 6:44am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader - Page 13

OLIRON
He is filled with it but stalks ahead, bow aimed at the group of orcs away from the woman. Looking to make sure everyone is ready he fires two shots, then drops the bow. Pulling out his sword and shield while running forward to attack the orcs on or near the pinned woman.

- bow attack with mods. -
2d20: 23, 21
2d6: 1, 5

RYORST
Ryorst charges forward at the group of orcs, roaring loudly (intimidate) and drawing his flail. When close enough, he swings his flail hard at the nearest orc.

Rolls:
Intimidate:
1d20: 16
1d12: 3
128: 2
1d6: 4

Attack:
1d20: 14 (+6) = 20

Damage:
1d10: 8 (+5) = 13

Generic:
2d20: 20, 4
2d12: 8, 5
2d8: 3, 5
2d6: 3, 6

BEAST
SA: Beast looks out to see if those who went ahead need his skills.

(PL: I presume he'll charge with everyone else)
ROLLS:
D6: 3 (+2 Init = 5)
D20: 13, 9 (+5 BAB+Str Mods = 18, 14 I think?)
D12 damage: 4, 4 (+4 Str/Dmg Bon = 8, 8)

Aive leaving Namdar to go and inform the party would have circled wide in the bushes heading towards the tent with the children in it. As soon as he hears the war cry and arrows fly loose he will sprint into the tent cutting his way in from the back, and attack any orcs in site, if there is none he will hide to the side listen and prepare to sneak attack any that enter. After a very short while he will peer out ready his sling and attack the nearest orc still standing with his sling.

13, on attackroll hopefully catching them flatfooted and from behind,
2 damage from the dagger, +3 if I get in a sneak attack

Some extra attacks incase I get caught fighting an orc
19, on attackroll hopefully catching them flatfooted and from behind,
6 CRIT damage from the dagger,+ 4 if I get in a sneak attack

8, on attackroll
3 damage from the dagger,

Sling attack roll 15, 4damage

Sling attack roll 9, 1 damage

PUNDIT
Pundit moves forward towards the burning fires. If he witnesses anything like what is described he will enter battle with lots of anger towards the orcs.

SA: Charge!

Rolls: 1d20: 11,13
1d8: 8,9
1d12: 10,12

Modifiers added

KRUSTEN
* As Krusten is summoed towards the fires she will arm her bow and arrows. *

SA: I will follow to the area where I can see the orcs and as soon as I have a good shot I will shoot.

Rolls: d20: 22, 15, 16, 6
d6: 5,8,7,7
d12: 5,8,8,1

OOC: I made four rolls. I generally hate rolling so I made some in advance. Anyways the d20 and d6 have my bonus but the d12 doesn't I don't know what they're really used for.

NAMDAR

1. The party charges and/or attacks from cover, or whatever it is they choose, and distract and mobilize the orcs to meet their charge, leaving hopefully few if any back guarding the people
(going on above)

2. Namdar sneaks in beside/behind the orcs, fromt he trees to the side of the building to the smoke for cover and distraction of combat, dropping caltrops, during the chaos
Namdar has: *Sneak Attack (+1D6d), *Trapfinding, 2 Balance, 3 Climb, 2 Disable Device, 2 Escape, 2 Hide, 3 Jump, 3 Move Silent, 2 Open Lock, 3 Slight/Hand
1D6: 2 (+1 Init=3)
D20 (not sure if you hit roll for this): 8 (+2 Mel Attk Bon = 10 on flat-foot/surpr?). Namdar will remember the general area where he leaves this so as to not step on them or let the family step on them in their escape.

3. He finds out from the woman and man about the children inside, if there are orcs in there, and if there is an alternate escape (backdoor, window) from the house which everyone can use to get away from the orcs.
Perception roll(s) if needed:
D12: 11, 6 (mods listed below)
D20: 20, 16 (if Spot/Perception is Wis, I have a +1)
Namdar has: *Darksight 60', *F: Investigator, 2 Listen, 3 Search, 2 Spot

4. He frees the woman and farmer and takes them inside to where the children are, if it is a sound idea (not guarded/has an exit, can be barricaded, etc). If there are orcs, he'll have to come up with a plan or if it's just one or two, he and the adults may be able to rush them and take them out.

5. Otherwise he will lead the family back out as stealthily as possible, into cover and back to where some other member(s) of the party is, for safety, covering their escape if anyone follows

4th May, 2010 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Leader D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 13

AIVE:
OOC: OOPS so sorry I don't know where I got tents from, If you could change that to entering the house from the back, will pick the lock if needed.
will sneak through to where the children are and make sure they are safe If there are any orcs inside I will try to catch them off guard and sneak attack them on the way.

Then if all clear and there are any orcs left outside will attack from the house. Use same rolls from before

22 open lock

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Leader

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.