Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 130 of 590

QUOTE OOC: I know what I'm doing... - Page 130 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Mar, 2010 - 7:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 590 pgs.  126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
27th Mar, 2010 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 130

ooc: I saw our GM created a thread for all those who want to play in the Duke's place so that's good! We don't have to worry about these newcomers posting here and questioning our every move. rolleyes.gif

So shall we go or do you want to stand here arguing with those who wanted to stay?

Sponsored Links:
27th Mar, 2010 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Rissa arrives with Namdar, she had followed him from a short distance after his brief conversation with Lionel. She was an attractive Elven female dressed in leather. Rissa was average in height, she had blond hair and enchanting blue eyes to go perfectly with her flawless complexion and her perfectly pointed ears.

Slowing to a stop when she reached the rest of the group, she carefully studied each face with a sharp stare growing a stern look on her face.

Rissa was not one to easily trust people, she stood a good fifteen meters away from the crowd with her thumb hooked around the string of her long bow which was slung over her right shoulder.

She continued to eye the others as they baffled among themselves, her anxiety grew worse by the second as she pondered how they would take to her.

Rissa had not spoken abundantly since her mother (her only known biological parent) was raped and murdered by two Orcs in her presence. Rissa blames herself for being too cowardly to stop them, causing herself to be an emotional wreck with some psychological issues.

OOC: My apologies for the poor introduction, I figured you wouldn't want to read a few hundred lines about my past so I kept it short.

27th Mar, 2010 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

ooc: Rissa, this thread is for the people outside the stronghold and heading to the farm south. The GM posted where you're at,

international QUOTE
You will find yourself in the Duke's stronghold.

Reconcile Edited: rpgpundit on 27th Mar, 2010 - 3:31am

27th Mar, 2010 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Page 130 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC:

international QUOTE (KNtoran @ 26-Mar 10, 11:56 PM)
You came into the party in the strong hold but followed Namdar out when he left after talking to Lionel.  So you are out with the main party.

OOC: I know what I'm doing wink.gif plus if you would have read a little further down the page he gave me further instruction to join this form even before he stated the above quote.

Reconcile Edited: Rissa on 27th Mar, 2010 - 3:40am

27th Mar, 2010 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

What has gone before... (as Rissa first arrived)

Namdar welcomes yet another new acquaintance. MAN, there are an awful lot of random people just wandering the countryside these days, all very friendly and willing to visit a bit or even travel with other equal strangers, even if they're arranged in a big gaggle and bristling with armor and weaponry. It is a strange land, the half-orc thinks to himself.

The party leader (could he even call himself that now, he wonders?) bows politely to Rissa, noting her resemblances to and differences from Krusten, the group's original elven female member. Hopefully the two will get along, he could sympathize with being a rare adventuring minority, but imagined even moreso if he were female, as that carries its own bag of surprises and worries, even if you're with a group you trust. Although harried and checking his all his belongings and quickly preparing them for travel, he nods understandingly to the newcomer's confusion.

international QUOTE

"Rissa, I must speak with our friend Prince Lionel Cortez, at the Duke's, but I will briefly summarize as best I can.

We began as a few concerned citizens in town, and set out for adventure, to collect money in exchange for the heads of my monstrous kin.  We may also be able to find a main group, army or other important location of orc gathering or something which can help us strike a great blow or even cut off the orcs' ability to cause ruin in our lands, and be rewarded for our trouble, by the town, though really the lives and safety of the farmers out here is the primary concern.

Along the way we've met many different people, some traveled with us for a while, but most all eventually drifted back off to their own paths, but we have gained a few good friends.  A kindly farmer also waits for more visiting back toward town, a good man who was a gracious host and who we also like to repay for his helpfulness.

We found that the orc incursions have been worse and worse this direction, north, and found unspeakable horrors in the ashes of once prosperous farms, and lastly came across an untouched farm, owned by the Duke's brother, who claimed not not know why he has been so lucky.  We did find orcs have likely been picking up a bag of gold near his farm every so often - we believe it may be some sort of protection money, but we don't know who is paying it, but for reasons unknown, the Duke's men don't patrol past a certain area, which basically allows the orcs free reign...

So we went to visit the Duke, sending Prince Lionel and his entourage to get what info he can, and so far, well, I pray you are not a spy for the Duke, for here is our situation up til now...

It seems the Duke's highly-suspect advisor has, after being seen depart suspiciously, seen fit to cast at us, accursed bolts like lightning from the sky, in earnest, when we met on the road above the Duke's palace - we responded in kind and nearly felled the advisor from his horse but he escaped using some nefarious conjurer's trick, and we do not know what has happened since then, nor what will happen.

So you come into the situation at a volatile time, I trust you are able to adapt quickly, as it will most certainly be necessary.  But for now, I must go and move things along so we can get to the bottom of this mystery!"

Namdar finishes, smiles tiredly, and excuses himself, and finally meanders down the hill to the Duke's, wondering how many sweet delicacies Lionel has stuffed his face with, free of care.

Rather off topic, but...

First, Provok - I apologize, I had read your posts about checking out the magic thing, and though I understand where you're coming from with not quite being fully informed or "sided" as to where to be, I vaguely shuffled you into the main party since you were already with the majority, talking, dodging lightning bolts, etc., so to me it would make more sense for you to travel with the group, as you say, you don't know anything about Lionel in the first place. But it's up to you, there's no hard and fast decision I don't think, so you can be with either group, just as long as we decide before something significant happens somewhere. *thumbs up*

Next, I apologize to Ryorst also - I thought you said you were in favor of Lionel's plan? And even that you thought he ought to have someone to help guard him? I may have misread, but again, I don't think there's a hard and fast rule, since we just now split - make SURE to post as to wherever you want your character to be, with the group or at the Duke's... Unless you're talking about going north completely by yourself?

I wouldn't advise that, for in- and out-of-game reasons, but essentially I like to think, when I play anyway, my character generally can still get into a general agreement with one of the options being pursued by the existing group, rather than going off alone on yet one more different direction - but that is up to you, and if you wanted to pursue a lone course, you'd probably post in the Duke thread until/unless something else was decided - just make SURE to specify where your character is and what he's doing. *thumbs up again*

Last but not least, welcome to the party, Rissa! You did just fine, in your character location, proper posting thread and introduction, as I'm sure you know! Do I even need to add another enthusiastic thumbs up? Your arrival deserves it though!

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 27th Mar, 2010 - 1:54pm

27th Mar, 2010 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Rissa tries vigorously to curve a smile toward Namdar's politeness. She does have a kind heart but just has a funny way of expressing it. This was Rissa's first time sensing a positive vibe emiting from a complete stranger, especially one of another race.

She took a gander toward Namdar bewildered by his excellence as he took his leave, finding herself lost in her own thoughts after he was out of sight.

"Thou is a strange fellow" she muttered to herself as she turned back to the group. Rubbing the back of her neck nervously. She could feel the droplets of perspiration beginning to form of her brow as her body temperature began to rise rapidly.

"Well..." she began in a shy voice "T-thy name's Rissa.." she stuttered unable to continue her sentence in fear of further embarrassment.

Reconcile Edited: Rissa on 27th Mar, 2010 - 3:56pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Mar, 2010 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 130

Born Free says...

* Krusten looks at everyone rummaging through the items around the horse. If no one wants the horse I will surely take him she thinks to herself. She also wonders why Namdar is taking his time to head back to the south especially now that he has a smaller group to see about.

Krusten notices another new comer, an elf for a change but she seems shady (where are your character stats?) with a curious peasant rag on her. She wonders if there is some kind of beacon drawing all these new strangers to the party. She secretly wonders how long this one will last. *

27th Mar, 2010 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 130

international QUOTE
OOC: I know what I'm doing...

ooc: Alright my bad usually we get these newbies just posting all over the place.

Pundit has no problem with Namdar leading.

"Let's go, it takes two days to get there!"

SA: Already walking back to the farm.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.