Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 131 of 590

ooc: I don't see a problem, it was - Page 131 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Mar, 2010 - 6:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 590 pgs.  127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 131

Seeing the pieces of the magic device scattered on the floor now realises that the person they are dealing with is powerful and rich if he can have such rare commodities on his disposal. Mayhaps he would benefit more by aiding him rather than opposing him. Then he overhears that the group is traveling with a prince and of a brief second his eyes fill with greed. Maybe I should get to the good side of that one he thinks, when nobles thread there are riches and power to be won.

The other newcomer catches his eye, she is a beauty certainly, but seeing that the sharp tongued rogue is already all over her and seeing that she is a lady of weapons rather than books, he decides to save himself from the indignity of courting with her and decides not to speak unless spoken to.

His attention now back to task at hand he decides that it might be a good idea to scan the area for lingering magical auras. He realises that by doing that everyone will be allerted to his presence as a wizard. So he introduces himself as one. Having people catching him on a spell out of the sudden might make them suspicious and cause uncalled hostility.

"I see you have yourselves quite a handfull with that hooded person. He is strong at the ways of magic and the art of trickery, people like him give spellcasters a bad name. Not all magicians are evil but some are outright dangerous. You are in luck though since I am somewhat familiar with the ways of magic myself. Do me a favour good fellows and stand aside for a while to make sure that no magical traps had been layed. In my travels I heard of wizards inscribing words of death and power in their belongings that cause everything from pain or worse to the unweary." (casts detect magic including the saddle in the area of effect)

As he finds himself forcefully recruited into following the group he poses no objections or arguements. If he is recruited in such a forceful way maybe there are more into this group than it meets the eye and had missjudged them on being weaklings. Still he explains that he is not much of a fighter and going into the frey unarmed is not the best of ideas. Also he is tired from his long journey and would like some rest before going if he is to be able to use his magic to their best interests. (if given the opportunity to shop he picks a sling 20 bullets, a dagger and 2 acid flasks total of 25 gp 25 left) If he gets a chance to memorize new spells he memorizes cantrips:
light, detect magic , Ventriloquism, mage hand.

level 1:

Hypnotism, Chill touch (if you intent to go on with allowing 5 spells/day then I get mage armor and hypnotism 1 more time or magic weapon, if I am allowed to pick 6 spells instead of 4 at level 1, the 2 extra spells being magic weapon and minor image)

OCC: (No problem this game is staged in a very different way than the one I am used too. In my games the groups was not allowed to discuss their actions and reach a common strategy rather they had to each tell me what they do on each round... This, we tell everything to party leader thing is new to me, and will cause problems when we have to do illution based quests like Lorek's nightmare... Anyway I was always playing with group not by post)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2010 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Let me step in for a bit. So everyone is clear, Those who are sorcerers do not get more than 4 spells known at first level. Granted I let you have more spells to use per day but the number of spells you know remains as stated in the Players Handbook.

28th Mar, 2010 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Beast keeps walking south and wonders why the others aren't coming as well.

28th Mar, 2010 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Page 131 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Rissa shrugs her shoulders brushing off the tension between herself and the other female elf and hurriedly heads south to catch up with the others, running as fast as her nimble elven legs will carry her.

28th Mar, 2010 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

ooc: Alright, I'll admit this is taking awhile. Anyone else want to volunteer as backup party leader to get us pushed forward? We've been saying we want to go to the farm awhile now and no post yet to say we're going there.

29th Mar, 2010 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

Namdar feels like he's walking through gravy, it seems to be taking so long to get down the simple hill to the Duke's to speak to Lionel. He wonders about the newcomer, and about everything for that matter, the advisor... What if the advisor somehow used his magic to go back to the Duke's, and saw me? I need to be ready for any eventuality, he thought to himself as he plodded steadily along, musing a slight sidetrack to visit Grue a few moments.

OOC: I don't really know if there is any sort of problem - I posted in the PL thread all our actions two days ago, so to my knowledge, our actions are "filed", so to speak, so as far as I know, we're just waiting for KNtoran updating the game thread when he is able to.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Mar, 2010 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 131

ooc: Of course there's a problem! Count how many days from the time we like decided to go back to the farm and still we haven't arrived there yet! Anyway this RP is a good way to keep my activity up, one extra post. rolleyes.gif

29th Mar, 2010 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 131

ooc: I don't see a problem, it was just a slow point in the story. It is no ones fault, but we all have lives outside of the game. Sometimes we have to bare with it, this is why I am always multitasking biggrin.gif

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.