Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 152 of 590

ooc: I guess Beast doesn't know what - Page 152 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd May, 2010 - 5:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 590 pgs.  148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
2nd May, 2010 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 152

Ryorst charges forward at the group of orcs, roaring loudly (intimidate) and drawing his flail. When close enough, he swings his flail hard at the nearest orc.

Rolls:
Intimidate:
1d20: 16
1d12: 3
128: 2
1d6: 4

Attack:
1d20: 14 (+6) = 20

Damage:
1d10: 8 (+5) = 13

Generic:
2d20: 20, 4
2d12: 8, 5
2d8: 3, 5
2d6: 3, 6

Sponsored Links:
2nd May, 2010 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Namdar creeps back to the others and gathers them around, one possible plan forming.

"1. I'm enough of orc blood to get close to them, posing as a staggering orc elder - they may then realize I'm half-blood and start picking on me, or I make a distraction, whichever is fine, because I will have been dropping caltrops on the way there. We'll need people decided if they want to be set up around the area with ranged weapons or back here waiting. You all will need to have your weapons ready and be ready to move on the orcs at any time.

2. I then make a minor strike and taunt to infuriate the orcs at the barn, and will run back this way, past my upturned spikes on the ground, which should stop and hamper some of them, the rest following me as I turn off into the woods here.

3. I'll round the corner of this copse of trees here where we have this rope strung between these two trees, and leap over it, and trip who we can with that.

4. I and anyone who is here should be able to take advantage of whoever made it back here this far. Everyone else can fire from cover at the others with caltrops in their feet or that stayed back with the farmer family.

I think if we time it right and work intelligently together, we can do this efficiently."

The half-orc looks to the others in the party, and back at the orcs. "Does anyone have any other plans or ideas or thoughts on this? We need to act as quickly as possible - they will not toy with the man indefinitely." he whispers urgently.

"Curse it, Ryorst!" Namdar barks as the hothead charges off. "Actually, that's fine too! Bring them back this way though, we'll modify my plan! The rest of you help me get this rope across these trees, and I'll throw the caltrops after Ryorst comes back this way!"

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 2nd May, 2010 - 9:11pm

2nd May, 2010 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OOC: Or... We could just go kill them all. I mean, there's a time for subtlety, but there is also a time for battle. I'm thinking this is one of those times where we just take them out. I probably just killed one, or at least knocked him out. With everyone else's help, we could take these guys out in... Two rounds tops, I think. We can take out roughly one orc per 2 people using arrows and ranged attacks, and I can take out one per round on my own, I think. How many orcs are there anyways? It sounds like 7-10. 6-9 after my flail gets through.

2nd May, 2010 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 152 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I believe he said about a dozen were visible, and we've got:

Namdar (me)
Oliron (Oliron)
Beast (Playbypost)
Pundit (RPGPundit)
Krusten (Krusten)
Ryorst (Rentok)
Aive (Testsubject1)

-Lionel (Thomaslee/gone)
-Skedvick (Krakyn/gone)

So you're saying we can take out 1 orc per 2 people fairly quickly? Say we figure liberally that we can down 4 fairly easily, no, 5, that's still 7 left totally free to do whatever they want. The woman, man and children in the house are all in immediate danger if the orcs are directly attacked in my opinion - they could take hostages or just outright kill them as a panic response. In fact, I could maybe modify my plan again to get close to the woman and stealthily untie her while appear to be ogling her or something, leaving only the farmer in immediate danger, though there may be an orc with the children inside.

It would be better to draw as many out as possible, and cut them off from any that stay back guarding the family, and get in between the family and those guards and take them out, leaving the others away from the farm so the remainder of the fight can play out away from the innocents.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 2nd May, 2010 - 10:37pm

2nd May, 2010 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I don't think so. The family is in immediate danger, and if we do not do anything, the orcs will kill them. So, we must quickly remove the threat to them. The fastest way to do that is to kill the orcs closest to them, and put ourselves between the rest, and the family. We could take out 4 orcs easily, then, the other 8 would have to get rid of us before doing anything. When you are under attack, you do not take time out to brush your teeth because the attacker was trying to stop you from brushing, but had to kill the other guys first. The orcs, to live, will either attack us back, or run. Either way, family saved.

2nd May, 2010 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

ooc: I don't mind having a plan, though it may not worked like we planned either way. Just try not to shoot the lady with any stray arrows. KNtoran rolls a percentile to see if your arrows hit the target when your firing into battle. Try if you can to shoot away from her so we don't kill her on accident, please.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd May, 2010 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 152

OOC: Okay. That all being the case, you all post your definite actions so we'll be establishing something for me to post in the PL thread. On my turn, assuming the orcs are distracted and/or mobilizing to meet the oncoming direct assault from the group, I'm going to attempt to sneak in behind/beside them, free the family and get them to safety or even barricade the house from the inside.

3rd May, 2010 - 5:45am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 152

ooc: I guess Beast doesn't know what you see but if you send a signal I will join in the battle.

SA: Beast looks out to see if those who went ahead need his skills.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.