Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 168 of 590

Aive seeks out a lone moment with the party - Page 168 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th May, 2010 - 3:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
26th May, 2010 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 168

ooc: Yeah if we can get like the party order posted rolleyes.gif. Like I said you can also join the other game going on so till we like get there you can have something to do.

Sponsored Links:
26th May, 2010 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

* Krusten takes her coin with a serious face while saying... *

Men!

ooc: WHo normally posts if JPatt isn't here?

26th May, 2010 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OOC: Oliron, but he too is busy. I say whoever wants to might as well take initiative and do it.

SA: Still unconscious.

26th May, 2010 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 168 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Namdar sits staring at the farmer's grave as the group finishes up the scene and making good what they can, and talks about returning to their village. The half-orc looks at the dowdy peasant woman and her two children the farmer leaves behind - they're hardy to be sure, and with the money being left to them, they'll have the resources to live well enough for quite a while - but the loss of a husband and father... Namdar knew that all too well, though his came about in an altogether different way. He seriously began to question his own capacity as leader - how could it have gone differently - what could he have done that could have ensured the farmer had lived? Sighing, the half-orc shook his head and rose to address the others in a flat voice.

international QUOTE
"We leave this family, sadly one less to their number, but having dispatched over a dozen of the enemy, and we take those heads for exchange back at the village, a scant couple of days from here, where we may rest and regroup and reassess our options from there.  It is unlikely we meet any problems along the way, so just a trek to the settlement and we'll be back in civilization. And I have to admit, unusual for me, I'll be glad to be there. Let us prepare a gurney for Ryorst so that we may carry him tomorrow, and let us turn in for tonight's camp. I'll take first watch."

OOC: Sorry guys, I was going to post but had taken a pill for my nerves and fell asleep. My bad. =(

Aive can keep his money, he got it through his role-playing and following his character, and my post was mainly in-character as well, as a party leader is supposed to be the hand of stern admonishment and temperance, etc. Giving it to the lady is fine by me though it would be nice to get other people's ideas on this for future reference (I don't think we should do anything about it now, as it is a small amount and nobody posted while it was going on, I was unconscious, etc).

As far as Aive's overall wealth, I'm not the GM so I don't have any particular say or knowledge on that - if that's what he says he has then ok, I know he was there when we found a good tidy sum and he got a share and we haven't been anywhere to buy anything, etc.

Lastly, I only go off for about a day when I'm not able to post, so it's not like being Vice-PL is a full-time job, so I'm asking for a volunteer to fill in when I'm not able to post for a day - I know some of you are already playing a number of games and may even be PL there so don't volunteer if you don't want to of course, but if there's no PL, nothing will be posted, so it's up to you if the group/game needs a Vice-PL.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 26th May, 2010 - 8:46pm

27th May, 2010 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Pundit gives thanks for making it back safely and for doing his part while on this adventure. He feels the renewed strength and experience within him. He proceeds to the blacksmith to get some new equipment.

27th May, 2010 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Namdar nods to everyone as he hands out the bounty in coins for the orc's heads and the other members return from their errands of cashing in the orcs' weapons.

"Let us tarry a bit here, if you will. Perhaps not long, as there is no doubt more danger to the west and north that we need to see to. But we should recover, then be off again."

The half-orc tracks down the council and tries to find out if there's any recent word on orc or other activity, good or bad, in the immediate or nearby areas, any other towns' status. He wonders how common it is for people like this group to be going out in amongst the orc-infested woods and doing what they do - are there other people collecting bounties and fighting back the orc incursion? Are there other adventurers? It seemed you couldn't turn a corner or round a tree without running into someone wanting to join their band, a short time back.

Rather off topic, but...

Loot:

17 heads x 20gp each = 340gp
17 leather armors x 5 = 85gp
17 falchions x 50 = 850gp
17 small wooden shields x 1 = 17gp
17 shortbows x 20 = 340gp

Total: 1,632 GP

Shares: 230gp each

Namdar
Pundit
Beast
Oliron
Ryorst
Krusten
Aive (since he gave the money to the family, I'm good with him having a full share, but if he had not, and we had known it, which would have needed a Per roll I'd think, it seems logical to have docked him an appropriate amount here?)

No shares for the about-to-be-met new characters, nor for the indefinitely detained Lionel.

If we split the gold exactly, everyone would get 233 each, so what I'd like to do is keep 3 from everybody for a party fund, so everybody gets 230 gold pieces now, and 21 gold goes to the party pool for any needed purchases by anybody later, including maybe a little bit for newbies if they need a few GP to get them something useful. If that's okay with everybody, adjust your totals as such.

There are also 43 extra arrows available to the party, for anyone that needs to refresh their own ammo supply, and people can work out who gets what, from there. If resupplying, 10 crossbow bolts or 20 arrows cost 1 gp.

Also note for anyone interested in quick info, 7 gold will buy 2 weeks of trail rations for one person, if you're RP'ing to the point of remembering to buy food to keep with you.

Also, just because it seems appropriate:

Food, Drink, and Lodging

1 gp = 10 sp = 100 cp

DRINK
Ale, Gallon 2 sp 8 lb.
Ale, Mug 4 cp 1 lb.
Wine, Common (pitcher) 2 sp 6 lb.
Wine, Fine (bottle) 10 gp 1-1/2 lb.

MEALS: Poor meals might be composed of bread, baked turnips, onions, and water. Common meals might consist of bread, chicken stew, carrots, and watered-down ale or wine. Good meals might be composed of bread and pastries, beef, peas, and ale or wine. Trail rations usually consist of hard, dried bread and cheese, and sometimes salted, cured or pickled meat and maybe a dried vegetable and spices and nuts.

Banquet (per person) 10 gp
Meals (per day), Good 5 sp
Meals (per day), Common 3 sp
Meals (per day), Poor 1 sp
Rations, trail (per day) 5 sp 1 lb (2 days for 1 gp and 2 lbs)
Bread, per loaf 2 cp 1/2 lb.
Cheese, hunk of 1 sp 1/2 lb.
Meat, chunk of 3 sp 1/2 lb.

LODGING: Poor accommodations at an inn amount to a place on the floor near the hearth. Common accommodations consist of a place on a raised, heated floor, the use of a blanket and a pillow. Good accommodations consist of a small, private room with one bed, some amenities, and a covered chamber pot in the corner.

Inn stay (per day), Good 2 gp
Inn stay (per day), Common 5 sp
Inn stay (per day), Poor 2 sp

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 27th May, 2010 - 1:35am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th May, 2010 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 168

Ryorst nods to the party and tells them he will be back soon, then goes off to purchase some equipment with his hard-earned share of the money.

27th May, 2010 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 168

Aive seeks out a lone moment with the party leader where all he says is farewell, he then turns and follows the path of the lady and children.

He will be using his wealth to buy a house in town to settle down and offering the the widow residence also if the party ever manage to bump into him again he may offer them a place to sleep maybe.

....THE END

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.