Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 173 of 590

"I fear that if we force our hand in - Page 173 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st May, 2010 - 9:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 590 pgs.  169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
31st May, 2010 - 8:07am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 173

Namdar looks around at the other members of the party and the other patrons of the tavern, as he sips on spiced cider and they wait for the rest. He nods appreciatively of the shiny new baubles and improvements everyone has chosen - it hardly looks like the same group that started out a scant... how long ago has it been? He shook his head and turned to the others.

"I presume orc head bounties are still available, so that option remains, but does anyone else have any other ideas? I've talked to the council and some others around town and will have some answers soon on any recent happenings, and will share any info I get with everyone, but I wondered if anyone had any particular thoughts. I too am eager now that we have rested and resupplied, to get back on the road - the allure of civilization becomes more and more intense."

Sponsored Links:
31st May, 2010 - 8:30am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"I cannot help but think that in the long run, trouble with orcs amounts to very little on the grand scale. Except for when the Duke's adviser and his niece are plotting with the orcs to some dark end. I learned there that the two of them often use a secret passage to leave the castle undetected. I do not believe the Duke even knows of the passage's existence. It might be useful to set an ambush there, where they do not know to expect us, and perhaps we can even enter the castle unknown, if need be. I do not truly know what to do with the knowledge I found..."

31st May, 2010 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

We are stronger now. It is time to take charge of this land as heroes and annihilate the orcs from this place.

SA: Meet up with the group to go wherever.

Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Page 173 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ryorst, do you not think we should inform the Duke of what you have discovered? Or do you think the Duke would trust what you say without direct evidence? Ambushing the Duke's advisor and niece outside of the castle may not be enough evidence (they may claim a thousand different reasons for such an exit). But, if we were to follow them from there, to see where they go - then this would seem to be very strong evidence.

31st May, 2010 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

OOC: Its taking awful long just to get some answers about my sword so just go ahead and start I'll just hold on to it. I wanted to find out about horse armor too but I'm afraid to ask at this rate.

Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ashar hears Krusten's complaints that she has not been able to determine the magical qualities of her sword.

Would you mind if I took a look at your sword fair elf? Perhaps I have heard a tale or song about it.

Ashar takes hold of the sword. He caresses it gently and examines it carefully. He enters into a reverie as he searches the splendid palace of his mind to retrieve any tales that may be attached to this blade.

[bardic knowledge roll = 21]

OOC: "A successful bardic knowledge check will not reveal the powers of a magic item but may give a hint as to its general function." 20 in Bardic knowledge reveals "uncommon but available knowledge, known by only a few people legends." I am hoping that this roll will be strong enough to figure out the type of benefits the sword may have (e.g. Fire damage, keen, etc.).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st May, 2010 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 173

OOC: Or, y'know, we could wait until somebody posts our in-town actions in the party leader thread. Including the whole "Gets sword identified" action by Krusten.

Ryorst shakes his head. "When I said we could ambush them, I didn't mean to spy on them. I meant to AMBUSH them. We may not have proof, but we know they are co-operating with the orcs, because of the trick you pulled on the adviser. Why shouldn't we just end their reign? He may be a powerful spellcaster, but he is still mortal. A beheading is a beheading."

OOC: Not to mention Sorcerers and Wizards have low hit dice, and I doubt he took a few levels of Barbarian to balance that out. Maybe he's a cleric, but I doubt it. Though that doesn't matter so much in character, just thought I'd point out that nobody is all-powerful.

31st May, 2010 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 173

"I fear that if we force our hand in an ambush we may all be slaughtered or deemed outlaws. I have sent word to the duke that his advisor is corrupted. Whether he heeds the words or not I do not know. I have a hunch that these orcs are being used as a tool by a more powerful foe. True killing the advisor sounds like a good plan, however if he were to land one of those lightning bolts on us we would be done for. Even if we did kill him I don't think the orc raids would end and we would most likely be on the wrong side of the law. Perhaps killing more orcs will bring him to us and force his hand instead, revealing himself for what he is."

Oliron sits listening to everyone's ideas. He himself being undecided about the issue but ready for whatever the party decides.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.