Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 174 of 590

Namdar nods to Oliron's oratory. "That - Page 174 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Jun, 2010 - 7:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 174

Ashar again wracks his mind to see if he can recall any particular details about this advisor or the niece.

OOC: I make another Bardic Knowledge test to see if I can provide better insight into the class and power (e.g. Approximate level) of these two figures. [bardic knowledge roll = 22 (19+3)] I am starting to think that the dice roller on this page is loaded - I am rolling hot, hot, hot!

Sponsored Links:
31st May, 2010 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ryorst shakes his head. "If it is true these orcs are being used as tools, I do not want to have to kill them. I do not mind the killing itself, they may be living souls, but they have sold themselves for mere coin. I am more worried of the fact that the adviser simply may not care. They are tools to him, easily replaceable, and many in number. Will he care so much if we kill even a hundred orcs? Maybe. If we are going to kill orcs to get his attention, it might be best to find out where their main camp is, since then we will not have to hunt for a week just to find a dozen of them."

31st May, 2010 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

ooc: I thought it may be just me but I have noticed I either roll really high or really low. Maybe it is just in my head but it seems that way.

31st May, 2010 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 174 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

ooc: Krusten what kind of armor were you looking for the horse and like how much gold you have maybe I can find out what you can buy?

1st Jun, 2010 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Namdar sighs and rubs his temples.

"Krusten's sword will cost a thousand gold coin to identify, which I find outrageous beyond words. We can have it appraised by one versed in magic, and he could likely give an idea of its general worth as a magic item and he'd likely offer to buy it, and his price might indicate its usefulness, in comparison to how much it would cost to ID it, but that is an iffy proposition - the sword could simply by mundane, as enchanted items go, or even cursed. Aye, you may be able to work out the general sorcerous school to which the sword's enspellment belongs, but this leaves a great many options still, and no sure way of knowing which it possesses. I can appraise the sword on purely it's material value to get a rough idea of that, but it's likely that pales in comparison to the magics it bears.

I feel the Duke's advisor and his niece remain as yet beyond our reach - we could report them, all of us giving our own testimony for evidence, to the town council and perhaps they can take action on the matter, but t'would be foolish to plan out such an attack with no more information than we have now - as well as treasonous.

Instead I hope my information comes back from the council or around town of other opportunities or information which can lead us into other directions of advantage or profit for us, or even information to further our cause in the current situation, though I agree, finding the main encampment of orcs would be a miraculous and vital discovery indeed."

OOC: Horse armor is under "Barding" in the equipment list and armor and such in the AD&D stats page in Equipment. I can't post in the PL thread for 3 more hours anyway.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 6:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

OOC: I have a feeling that the party is feeling kind of stalled here (let me know if I am wrong). As I am new to the story, I must admit I am having difficulty providing our party with much direction. I have tried to get the gist of what has transpired through the story thus far, but it is not totally clear what our party's options are at this point. Perhaps someone could help us by defining a few specific choices of actions that we could vote on. I will be fairly useless at brainstorming ideas until I have a better sense of what the options are presently. If anyone wishes to provide me with a few lines of synopsis, I know that was very helpful in Oliron's game (but I don't want to be a pest).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Jun, 2010 - 7:11am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 174

ooc: No this is the usual hum drum stuff that occurs between actions. I get tired of it, I think we all do. We can look for more orcs to kill or try and kill the advisor. Then again we could go some completely other route. For example guarding a caravan or something. I think looking for the actual orc camp may be a good choice. I like the idea of killing the advisor but I don't think we really have enough evidence yet. He could actually be faking involvement to bring them down, you never know. Just ambushing him and being judge, jury, and executioners is not really in path with many of the characters alignments in the party. So I think that fact alone puts that option right out. I think we are waiting until JPatt (we) get a response from KNtoran about the council and also about the sword. Then there will be more talk, then more talk, then eventually an action. On one hand you don't want the "right" choice to be completely obvious. On the other hand we can't sit around debating forever. In my opinion if you take all the information into account the safest option is to kill more orcs. Yes it is redundant but just because we are level 2 doesn't mean we are invincible. I think that lightning bolt that was shot over our heads was a warning shot from KNtoran. He could have easily killed us all right there. Anyways, your not being a pest. I usually go off on some weird character development type post about now. Like getting really drunk and crying in the street, or talking to my donkey.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 1st Jun, 2010 - 7:20am

1st Jun, 2010 - 7:37am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 174

Namdar nods to Oliron's oratory.

"That seems a fair summation, good Oliron. We likely have the ongoing bounty of 20 gold per orc head available. Past that, there is a reward for finding a or the, main or large orc encampment, which may or may not be somewhere in this area - the orc incursion is threatening multiple towns all around this entire land, so the possible mileage is quite broad."

The half-orc turns his wooden mug on the table between his rough, warty hands, looking into it as he speaks.

"Initially, a choice we had was to provide security for a caravan that went to another city that was also having trouble with orcs there, while our town here was in less danger, but the outlying farms were harder hit. We chose to search for the encampment to begin with, and while we did not find it, we did come across the farms, and began to liberate them, when possible.

We found one farm unaccosted, and a bag of gold left on a stump, looking like a payoff - the farm belonged to the Duke's brother, but it turned out he apparently knew nothing of this arrangement, and the payoff was made by someone else, perhaps the Duke's guard, who were not allowed to patrol past a certain area, leaving some farms to the savage mercy, or lack, of the orcs.

Eventually we came upon the Duke's stronghold, where one of our number, Lionel, attempted to ply his politics, and I presume is still endeavoring to do so. While there, we witnessed the Duke's advisor, speaking conspiratorially, to orcs, and we gathered he has formed some sort of alliance with the monsters, and he is corrupt and dangerous, and perhaps the advisor's niece too, who Lionel was also getting to know. We left Lionel there and moved on to check on more farms and had our last encounter which we just returned from and now here we are, essentially."

The son of Kourush leans back and runs his hands through his thick hair wearily, occasional gray streaks peeking out from the black.

"So, curious minstrel, you see our situation. We have some fair money between us, and gear, and some improved abilities, but our options remain somewhat stagnant. We need to be able to make a real difference, in the lives of the farmers, in the people of this land, in the tide of this brutal orc invasion, as Imperial help is obviously tied up elsewhere, or worse, is sabotaged from the Duke's advisor himself. We could venture back out and strike out at roving orc bands, though that last one was quite trying...", he touches his face, tracing a new scar running down it. "But we would be better served with a more solid and higher-minded goal with a more useful result, and which could potentially be more profitable as well. Perhaps as caravan guards we could travel to the other town to see the situation there, and we might come across the orc stronghold on the way, or after moving out from that town - assuming it still stands."

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.