Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 190 of 590

Seeing an opportunity for Heironeous to be - Page 190 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Jul, 2010 - 3:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 590 pgs.  186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
30th Jun, 2010 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 190

Beast likes the sound of being put up in the inn but he doesn't like the sound of little food to eat so he quikly asks,

"You have deer meat here?"

ooc: We're in no condition to take on 200 orcs lus we do have a mission to get the caravan back but we can like hlp out while we're here.

sa: look at the fortification the village has and what can be improved.

Sponsored Links:
30th Jun, 2010 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ryorst looks to the party.

"Well, if we have three days to spend here, we should see what we can do about helping out. If the orcs attack, we can fight alongside the villagers, but I'm sure there are other ways we can help."

30th Jun, 2010 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oliron surveys the area with Beast. He thinks himself glad to have the strong fighter as an ally.

Oliron talks to Namdar when the opportunity presents itself.

"I have an idea Namdar. I just wanted to toss it into the pot and see what you think. What if our party was to help these people in the next attack. I am sure there will be another soon. Once the orcs realize that the town has supplies for the on coming months they will be forced to attack. Their siege isn't going to work anymore."

Oliron thinking in military terms wonders if he may be right.

"Beast and I just surveyed the area and if my thought is right we might see how we can better prepare for the inevitable."

The unbridled fighter looks on, a bit crazy eyed, for Namdar's response with reverence and respect. Being threw a few battles with the half orc has given Oliron a trust in his tactics. Though things have been strained within the group they found a solution and have come a long way, with no one dead. Oliron thinks that Namdar's leadership must have played a role in that and has earned his trust.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 30th Jun, 2010 - 5:36am

30th Jun, 2010 - 9:57am / Post ID: #

Page 190 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Away from the caravan, Namdar speaks to the rest of the party.

"It is foolish for the wagoneers to travel unarmed through a dangerous battle zone of this intensity - you can hire a dozen guards, but why would you not carry your own crossbow and sword? Fools."

The half-orc looks around at the town and defenses and pallisades for defense. There *are* orc heads up, to work some intimidation, so at least there is that, and as noted, the town apparently did a halfway decent job of meeting the attack on the last push by the orcs, but the way the council sounded, that might have been near all the fight the town had left in it. The party could help while it was here, but 200 orcs is not a roving band of soldier, it is an invasion force - in fact, Namdar was impressed the town has been able to hold against such numbers.

"I'm sure you're right," Al Sattar says to the others in his group as they voice their thoughts. "We can do some to help with fortifications and maybe even some rudimentary training, but there needs to be some other approach or plan. Before the town, roads lead to the Earl's and Duke's in opposite directions. We already have our doubts about the Duke, and have theories about the Earl's manse also being overrun and used as a base for the orcs, perhaps that is where they're staging from. Is it possible the town is pinned on both sides, by fettered army not allowed to travel this far and help repel the orcs, and the orc Warlord from the other?"

OOC: I agree we should do what we can with/for the fortifications and possible training, and help fight if needed, but the guards have held off 200 orcs, so they obviously are fairly skilled, so may exceed our abilities, plus it must be a large town to be able to thwart so many, I'm not sure our group will lend a significant presence unless it is in a specific function, such as covert, an ambush, etc.

Should we look into the Earl's road and orcs after a rest or stay here etc?

30th Jun, 2010 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: We only have 3 days. That's not enough time to get to the Earl's and back. I suggest we take the time to check the shops, see if the orc head bounty applies here, sell what armor and falchions we don't intend to use, and look for short side quests we can complete, like killing rats in the cellar of the inn or something.

1st Jul, 2010 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Beast looks at the fortifications while sniffing the air for the scent of deer in the area.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2010 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 190

Ashar sees this as an opportunity to both raise the morale of the town, as well as to make a few coins from a town that has had nowhere to spend them for a while - what with there being no supplies and so forth. He sets himself up in the tavern, orders a jug of wine and begins to play his pipe.

[perform roll = 26 (19+7)]

1st Jul, 2010 - 3:34am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 190

Seeing an opportunity for Heironeous to be known in this place Pundit gets on top of Beast's carriage about Heironeous and his ood deeds in helping the people reach safe. Pundit will then ask for the most sick to come forward and he will heal them while he gets the farmer who he helped earlier to tell about how Heironeous helped him. Pundit hopes that Heironeous takes notice and blesses him with good fortune.

SA: As above. If there are a lot of people listening perhaps we can get the town to favor us as heroes and listen to our instructions.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.