Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 193 of 590

Eth happily greats everyone and she is excited - Page 193 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 6th Jul, 2010 - 3:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
4th Jul, 2010 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 193

Ooc: I would love to be party leader for this game. I hope it doesn't come to that. I hope whatever JPatt is feeling passes quickly and he gets better. Maybe he just has the flue or some allergies or something. I really don't know if I will be anywhere near as good though. I would ask that someone takes on the task of treasurer. That way the party leader can focus on just our actions and be spared all the tedious math.

ic: Oliron doesn't like the idea of fighting hill giants. Though many of the group seem to want to seek them out. Perhaps a diplomatic solution could be obtained. Then again, Oliron enjoys imagining himself fighting toe to toe with a giant. He imagines a big rock being thrown at him and crushing him as well.

Oliron will look into hiring some extra swordsmen for the task. This town seems to be military minded so there is bound to be some militia for hire he thinks. He asks Ashar the bard, and the others, to try and spread the word he is looking to hire swords to hunt down the hill giants.

Rather off topic, but...
Hireling, Trained: The amount given is the typical daily wage for mercenary warriors, masons, craftsmen, scribes, teamsters, and other trained hirelings. This value represents a minimum wage; many such hirelings require significantly higher pay.
Hireling, trained
3 sp per day

Oliron will spend 200 gp on this in total. He will try and purchase 1-7 trained fighting dogs, buying the max amount possible (25 gp a piece). With any remaining gold he will purchase militia men to join up in the hunt for the giants too.

Oliron sees Eth and Ryorst talking.

*What an odd site they make he muses. The crazed brute and the passive nature lover clicking.* huh, he shrugs.

He sits down at the bar and orders an ale. Sipping on it and thinking about nothing. Relaxation takes in and he orders several more drinks. Soon Oliron is intoxicated. He finds his way to his cart and sits on the back, legs dangling down. Jonas is drinking from a trough nearby.

"Hey Jonas", the donkey looks over at him and walks up, eating some oats from his hand.

He pets her neck and says nothing. She seems uncomfortable in his silence and Oliron notices.

"Well since you asked we are going to be fighting some pretty nasty guys. The more we are fighting the more I worry about you."

Jonas hee haws, Oliron smiles.

"Well I'm glad you feel that way but I am still worried. You are much weaker than me and I can't always be there to protect you."

Jonas shakes a fly from her head, Oliron laughs.

"Well well, I am very sorry for my concern Jonas. Thank you for setting me strait.", he laughs again and Jonas seems pleased by the sound.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 4th Jul, 2010 - 4:43am

Sponsored Links:
4th Jul, 2010 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Eth enthralled by the words of Ryorst sits wide eyed and nodding taking in all she can, doing her best to understand.

Then as he ends Eth is almost unable to contain her excitement, she jumps to her feet,
" Ryost, friend lets go! we have to find our other friends, we have orc problems to solve" she calls out beckoning him as she dashes out the tavern door, as if the opportunity to help might pass her by if she sits still any longer.

Two seconds later her head peers back through the doors, " My name is Eth Lloi and that marvelous white wolf is Ghost, where do we start? she manages to ask while smiling so hard from excitement and slight embarrassment that her cheeks have gone a rosy red against the rest of her fair pale face.

5th Jul, 2010 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ooc: You guys are still stuck on who will be party leader so we won't get to the hill giants in time. I'll stay in this town with Beast for the summer. I'll put my specific action below.

sa: Pundit keeps on the town to watch over Beast and preach to the people. He'll use his healing skills to heal one person per day. He'll turn over the healing wand back to Oliron.

5th Jul, 2010 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Page 193 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ooc: How many charges are left in the wand, I haven't been keeping track. I am waiting to see if Jpatt is coming back. I guess I could post for now until he does. Also I am wondering if anyone is going to take on treasurer.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 5th Jul, 2010 - 8:18pm

6th Jul, 2010 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I *think* I am feeling better for now, but I might wait a turn or two to fully take back PL just for the sake of caution, unless Oli just wants to switch out for a bit and try his hand, which is fine with me.

I don't know exactly what "Treasurer" involves that isn't already currently taken care of - the party has about 130 new gold given to each original member and 52 to Eth from the last sale of Falchions (for those that didn't figure this in already from my last post), after taking out resupplying costs, with 21gp (that KN said would be "on the house" for the Inn stay) as the current Party Pool. I would hope each player is keeping track of their own personal gold amount because that definitely isn't the PL's or anyone's job, at least I don't believe it to be - I have 75pp, 260gp, 1 gem/50gp.

6th Jul, 2010 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Ryorst introduces Eth to the party as they leave the town through the gate. He holds his small greataxe at the ready in one hand as they proceed, deciding caution is what the situation calls for, since hill giants likely outclass even him in strength. He remembers that Eth has not been told their current goal, and fills her in, emphasizing the need for caution.

((17 AC currently, due to buckler))

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 6th Jul, 2010 - 2:49am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jul, 2010 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 193

Ooc: I was just thinking if we had someone to do all the math and stuff and another person to post our actions it might be easier. That is how we used to run it when I played before, in table top. If no one has a problem with how it is going now I don't have one either. I am just saying if I was party leader I would want someone to take care of all that math, it would be too time consuming to track all that money and stuff as well, for me. I will step back out for Namdar to take party leader. I was just throwing what I could gather together to get things moving. I am glad to hear your feeling better JPatt, please, take back over when you can and continue to get better.

ic: Oliron puts one dog with each hired blade. Having them take care of one attack dog each. They will be a separate unit who answers to Oliron. He figures riding with the wagon might be best. Allowing the others without a mount a rest from travel. He allows the dogs to ride in his cart.

Oliron sits on top his hide barded horse, watching the party move out in the dawn's light. Two bastard swords are strapped to his back, his one horned helmet and breastplate reflects some of the pink light coming from the sunrise. He prays to Pelor for a minute or two, feeling a tingling sensation running threw his body. He spurs his horse to catch back up with the wagon and rides a short distance ahead of it. He wonders about the wisdom of the group he is in. He wonders if they aren't just blindly walking to their deaths without any real understanding of the foes they face.

6th Jul, 2010 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 193

Eth happily greats everyone and she is excited to see the bard will be with them,

Once Eth has her money who ever decides to take her shopping will soon regret it as she truly shops like a female. Having so much fun she tries nearly everything on regardless of price, or need. She looks and tinkers with stuff she would never use and she can't make up her mind on anything. At the end of this long painful process she gets a simple travelers outfit for herself (1gp) and a customized studded leather for ghost (50)

OC: a treasurer wouldn't be a bad idea, although Jpatt seems to take care of most of it, but a tresurere once he divides the money it is no longer his concern, he could hold a party pot as there are alot of items that would be beneficial to the whole party, bag of holding and that spoon that makes food ect.

Also party pot can be used to resurrect people which we will have to do eventually.
Just an idea.

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 6th Jul, 2010 - 3:54am

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.