Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 194 of 590

Ooc: I would rather kill them. I don't - Page 194 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Jul, 2010 - 4:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 590 pgs.  190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
6th Jul, 2010 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 194

1. Ryorst
He introduces Eth to the party as they leave the town through the gate. He holds his small greataxe at the ready in one hand as they proceed, deciding caution is what the situation calls for, since hill giants likely outclass even him in strength. He remembers that Eth has not been told their current goal, and fills her in, emphasizing the need for caution.

((17 AC currently, due to buckler))

2. Oliron and Hirelings
Oliron puts one dog with each hired blade. Having them take care of one attack dog each. They will be a separate unit who answers to Oliron. He figures riding with the wagon might be best. Allowing the others without a mount a rest from travel. He allows the dogs to ride in his cart.

Oliron sits on top his hide barded horse, watching the party move out in the dawn's light. He prays to Pelor for a minute or two...He spurs his horse to catch back up with the wagon and rides a short distance ahead of it.

3. Eth
Eth, newly outfitted, travels along with the rest of the group to toward the giants' land.

4. Ashar (hasn't posted for 3 days)
? Assuming following along, performing as per his usual? If he doesn't post soon, we'll assume he didn't leave the town though.

5. Namdar
The half-orc will ride apart from the party somewhat, similar to Oliron, thinking giants surely can't sneak up on them very well. The group will accompany some of the people and wagons heading toward the quarry, and learn what they can.

Unadjusted rolls for Namdar or party if needed:
1D6: 4, 2, 2
1D12: 12, 12, 2
1D20: 10, 9, 12

OOC: I'm still not quite clear on the treasurer thing - you mean the character be the treasurer, carry around the party money? It's okay with me, someone just say.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2010 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I think he means that you, as party leader, keep track of tactics and what everybody is doing, and generally help us work together, and then someone else, as treasurer, keeps track of loot and money, and makes sure everybody gets an even share, and keeps track of the party pool and individual's gold. So that if someone has forgotten to update their character stats, and doesn't know how much gold they have, the treasurer does. The treasurer would have to work with you on decisions like how much the party pool should be. In my opinion, our party pool is too small. It should be a bit bigger percentage of the loot, so that if we come across something the party could use, like a warehouse, we can purchase it without relying on individuals. Inn fees can also be handled by the party pool, with the poorest accommodations, and any upgrades coming out of player's individual pockets.

BIC:
Ryorst has an idea, and walks over to Namdar to suggest it.

"I don't know if we could handle two hill giants, but if they are really as dumb as they seem, we could probably trick them into fighting us one at a time. If one of us stands a way up the path, out of sight of this place, they could talk to the giants, and convince them that only one of them should come down here, while keeping the other one busy. Then, he just has to wait for our signal, and send the other giant down to us, after we kill the first one."

8th Jul, 2010 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oliron is displeased to see his former companions stay back in town. They are their own people though and could not be persuaded.

Standing now silent from afar, watching Ryorst and Namdar speak.

Oliron thinks they are most likely coming up with some sort of plan. He doesn't want to be left out so he rides up and listens in on their conversation, waiting for the right time to throw in his two copper pieces if he is asked or thinks it could help.

8th Jul, 2010 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

Page 194 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The more Eth hears of these giants the more worried she becomes, she almost begs Ryorst not to go head to head with one.

"A trap!", she says, "we find a suitable grounds along the way and set a big trap and a ranged ambush and drop it before it even realizes whats hit it!"
she then continues "We must keep it away from those pilled stones, I bet it could hurl them like pebbles if it was angry"

She thinks for a second then almost explodes with

"A pit trap!, we dig a big hole and cover it, putting the money in the center, spikey things at the bottom and something flamable! If it tries to crawl out then we attack!"

Pleased with herself she awaits a reply,

spells currently prepared
0 Cure Minor Wounds x3
Cure light wounds x1
Entangle x1

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 8th Jul, 2010 - 6:01am

9th Jul, 2010 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Namdar considers Ryorst and Eth Loi's words. "Those are some good ideas, both. However, I wonder.

If the giants demand only a few coppers, and they too have their own parcels of land that they live around, who is to say this area of stone automatically should be available to this town? Perhaps it is part of the giants' natural home and habitat and they are well within their rights to be compensated, which the town isn't even doing, by tricking the slow-witted things?

If it is simply removal and use fees, and such low ones - I see no problem with the current deal that the giants are asking - those who must pay the fees simply need to include their cost for that in their prices; that's how business works. If a few coppers per week means being able to get stone to build fortifications to fend off orc invasions, to me, that expenditure is more than justified to otherwise amiable but not very bright giants.

In fact, I'd be more inclined, as the town, to see if I could work out a deal to hire out the giants as a mercenary force to fight the orcs, as surely the orcs somehow threaten the giants' livelihood too, perhaps running off all the wildlife or whatever it is stone giants eat. I'd much rather be on agreeable or even good terms with giants, when faced with invading orcs, than in conflict and constantly deceiving them - something is bound to happen eventually to sour that. What does everyone else think?"

OOC: Also, any other thoughts on Treasurer? I don't care how anyone wants to do it, just someone say/and/or take over if you want - right now the party pool is about 21 gp, small because we've been dividing up money every time we get it, so for me, I don't quite see the point but that is up to everyone else - like I said, I don't think it is up to the PL or anyone else to keep track of other players' money for their character, unless the treasurer wants to.

9th Jul, 2010 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

OOC: Treasurer is more about keeping track of the party pool rather than individual member's supplies. I guess I wasn't clear on that. If you guys want, I'll keep track of the party pool, and work with the Party Leader on coming up with a fair percentage of loot to go towards the pool. The Party Pool benefits everyone, so I would think it should hold more than 21 gold at this point. It's the place we turn for equipping new-joiners and reviving deaths, as well as things like food and lodging, and healing when necessary. And if you have old equipment that is better kept than sold, we can hold it there to give to a new joiner, since that's better than selling it for 3 coins to equip them with.

BIC:
Ryorst shakes is head. "While you bring up a good point, I doubt the villagers would have mined an area that giants make a living in. It would make more sense to simply have made the mine a short ways away, where the giants would not be bothered. As well, I doubt the village would offer 100 gold per giant we kill if the giants only cost them a few copper pieces. It just doesn't make sense."

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Jul, 2010 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 194

OOC it was mentioned that the mine was here first and they came along recently demanding money.

Eth will tell Namdar as far as she can remember giants are the bad guys and it's just a matter of time until they get bored hungry or greedy enough and people go missing. But we should stay a night and one of us (not Eth) greet them and pay the toll and see what we can learn.

"While I like your money, the man wanted 100 gold for his stocky pony, so we are getting ponies, for killing GIANTS!?" Eth asks a little confused and shocked by the calmness of the group at the task at hand.

10th Jul, 2010 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 194

Ooc: I would rather kill them. I don't think we came out here to talk with them, anyone in town could have done that. While that might be the best action to take I think fighting them would be more fun.

SA: Continues to listen, has no input really. Goes along with whatever Namdar decides.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.