Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 195 of 590

I cannot post that because I've posted - Page 195 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jul, 2010 - 5:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 590 pgs.  191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
10th Jul, 2010 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 195

"Well, " says Namdar leaning close to the party, out of earshot of the other townsfolk.

"We got our information from the other citizens and people with a vested interest in telling us exactly what would make it obvious the giants are squatting and encroaching on the humans' property. I'm not saying it isn't true, just that in my travels, it is not unheard of for things to not always be just as someone tells you it is. It is very much likely just as they say, the town has risen up around the surrounds, including the quarry, was built from its stone and the giants have moved in - still I'd like to carry out normal transactions to see how they go, and then proceed from there.

I still think it might be possible to hire them as mercenaries against the orcs, to patrol, and help defend the area maybe. Perhaps that would be a way to remove their quarry toll, as they would then be getting regular pay anyway. Food would be the only problem, the town obviously cannot afford enough food for the giants, who eat far too much, but should be able to pay them, but they are now eating well enough I'm guessing so maybe that won't be an issue. I doubt the hiring angle will work but they don't sound particularly malicious, just ornery."

Namdar makes final discussions with the rest of the group and other townsfolk and then sets up a small camp and prepares spots for the distractions and traps, such as pit traps and ropes across the main pathway, to lead the giants into, if they are able to distract them individually, to take them out one by one, by outsmarting them.

ROLLS:

1D6: 1, 2, 3
1D12: 7, 10, 5
1D20: 12, 3, 12

Sponsored Links:
11th Jul, 2010 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ryorst shakes his head one last time.

"You kill orcs without question for ambushing caravans, yet you want to talk to much more dangerous, and much less intelligent, giants who are plaguing miners. The only difference I see between the situations, are that so far, the giants have been to stupid to cause any severe damage, but who knows how long it will last?"

11th Jul, 2010 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Namdar pulls back his hood to reveal his half-orc features to his fellow half-breed. "I think you and I have a unique perspective on this situation with the orcs. At least I know I do, from my homeland in the Sumite kingdom in the deserts to the far south and east of Faerun, even past the Hordelands, in the continent of Zakhara-Al-Qadim.

My countrymen there believed themselves to be civilized, with their scientific concepts and philosophy, and maybe some were, but they were overall vicious and savage, always at war with each other, just like the beasts here, that are assaulting the cities around here, and razing farms to the ground after committing atrocities to the innocents. These past weeks, our group has been on the road, you've been with us some of that time. The giants are the equivalent of dimwitted country bullies, so far, not an invading horde. But I do agree, no matter what, swift and full response will be ready for any problems that arise from the giants - they are too big and dangerous and unpredictable to take chances."

Namdar replaces his hood so as to not unsettle the humans.

11th Jul, 2010 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

Page 195 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Oliron rides down to fight the hill giant attacking Namdar. He tells the hired men to stay at the rock pile and hide. They should run out and try to ambush if a giant comes to the rock pile.

d20: 18, 12
d10: 12, 9

11th Jul, 2010 - 8:11am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ryorst shakes his head and leaps onto the trail to the side of the ogre opposite Oliron's charge. He brandishes his small greataxe in one hand and swings mightily at the giant.

"What did I tell you? This situation calls for bloodshed."

Rolls: (Unmodified)
d20: 9, 13
d10: 4, 7

12th Jul, 2010 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

POSTED IN PL

1. Namdar dodges aside and unsheathes his own weapon and replies to the giant with his own violence, pretty much all thoughts of being able to reason with or come to any amiable agreement with them.

Too bad, he thought, as he maneuvered himself into a fighting stance that would still allow him to escape if necessary, while the other two fast reacting party members moved into place.

He swings his blade as the opportunity presents itself, and tries to lead the giant backward toward where where hopefully the party would be able to make short work of the giant, and prevent any surprise help from the giant's other allies/family, etc.

ROLLS:
D20 To-Hit: 11, 11, 10, 19, 13, 19
Scimitar Damage and D6: 5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 3
D12: 8, 4, 9, 10, 12

2. Oliron rides down to fight the hill giant attacking Namdar. He tells the hired men to stay at the rock pile and hide. They should run out and try to ambush if a giant comes to the rock pile.

d20: 18, 12
d10: 12, 9

3. Ryorst shakes his head and leaps onto the trail to the side of the giant opposite Oliron's charge. He brandishes his small greataxe in one hand and swings mightily at the giant.

"What did I tell you? This situation calls for bloodshed."

Rolls: (Unmodified)
d20: 9, 13
d10: 4, 7

4. Ashar - Last Site Visit 1 Week Ago, Presumed Dropout

5. Eth - ? standing by I guess

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jul, 2010 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 195

Eth is momentarily frozen with fear as the battle begins, there is no way she is going near that thing she thinks to herself as wave of panic rushes over. She can't believe its size and strength, but knows she must do something to help her friends,

Eth if more then 100ft away will move forward until she is that distance, frantically picking up rocks along the way.

loading them into her sling she will then fire them off
With ghost standing guard at her side

attack rolls
+ 4dex -2(range)-1(stone) =12 =13 =5 =16 ....(fail)
5 damage if something manages to hit.

12th Jul, 2010 - 5:22am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 195

I cannot post that because I've posted in the PL thread - if anyone, Oliron or someone wants to make that addendum, especially if - well I guess there isn't anyone else, so scratch my qualifying end of that sentence.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.