Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 196 of 590

OOC: I'd recommend not jumping off - Page 196 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jul, 2010 - 2:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 590 pgs.  192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
12th Jul, 2010 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 196

Ooc: Hill giants have an ac of 20 and hp around 100. They have a challenge rating of 7. I think it is time to make a hasty retreat if we can.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 12th Jul, 2010 - 5:50am

Sponsored Links:
12th Jul, 2010 - 6:54am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I knew that from the start. Its out of character knowledge tho... I think it's already too late, were gonna loose someone. They get 2 attacks at huge bonuses. Lets hope like hell its not carrying it's great club/tree otherwise were gonna need alot of money for resurrection's. Even its slam is pretty dangerous.

Turning and running may not work maybe try bribe it.

12th Jul, 2010 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OOC: Remember, there were more than 4 of us when we were given the quest. I think we could have taken it with all of us. Now, I'm hoping it has no armor and no weapons. If we had some sort of magic user, it probably has abysmal will saves. Our Druid, however, has all her spells set as heals. Where oh where did all our sorcs go? Let's just hope this is a creature that is within our ability to defeat. I'm trying to keep my AC high for this fight, so my damage output is not going to be as high as it is VS orcs. This would be a hell of a time to have rolled that 52 damage, though.

12th Jul, 2010 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 196 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: If the giants are the kind you think, stat-wise (and our characters really wouldn't know, in my opinion, at least mine wouldn't), if we are unable to do any significant damage and survive the first round, I believe it is likely that in-character, we would be able to gage that the creature is far beyond our ability to best if our trap (which I'm not sure the GM confirmed was set) was not able to do it, so we would get the men at arms and stone haulers and vacate the area. I think scattering a small handful of gold coins ought to probably cause the giant to be distracted long enough to escape, if need be. It would be nice to be able to take it/them down and get the reward, as 100 gold is only 5 orcs' worth, so these giants should not be as hard as you are estimating, or the town is really, really stingy.

13th Jul, 2010 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: Yeah, I figure we should be capable of defeating it. Though I'd still be more at ease if our party contained a sorcerer who was, well... Sorcerery. I think our last Sorcerer was Krusten, and she was more like a ranger than a sorcerer. Lionel was more like a Bard.

16th Jul, 2010 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

OOC: Well I already had posted our turn, I thought, in the PL thread, and then Oliron posted additional info - does something else need to be posted? I updated my character - if anyone hasn't done so, I'd like them to remind them to do so before we proceed with combat.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Jul, 2010 - 5:32am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 196

Ooc: No I thought we have been ready for a while. I don't know really what is going on. Maybe there is some miscommunication here or something. Anyways, I plan on using my sword two handed and sheathing the other for the next attack. That will give me a huge bonus to my attack roll and a small bonus to my damage I think. I am contemplating jumping off my horse onto its back or doing a leaping downward cleave aimed at its head or something.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 16th Jul, 2010 - 5:56am

17th Jul, 2010 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 196

OOC: I'd recommend not jumping off a horse using cleave to make a called shot... I have a feeling D&D will eat your precious attack bonus as a snack. I'm rerolling my attacks I guess but I don't know of any reason to do anything different, still attack and maybe try to distract and fool the giant and get him off by himself so we can gang up on him?

ROLLS (before adjustments)

D6 init?: 5
D20 to hit/saves etc: nat 20, 15, 9, 13, 9, 16
D6 scimitar damage: 5

OOC: Again, perhaps we should flee if we find this first round doesn't go well, assuming we survive?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.