Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 197 of 590

OOC: It is reasonable that we can beat this - Page 197 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Jul, 2010 - 5:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 590 pgs.  193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
17th Jul, 2010 - 4:45am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 197

Ryorst steps out to the left of the giant and hacks his axe at it's legs, trying to trip it.

OOC: Let's see what we can't do about that AC of this thing. Then we can just flank and aid another.

Unmodified rolls:
d20: 16, 4, 14
d12: 10, 2, 6
d10: 3, 9, 5
d6: 5, 5, 3

Sponsored Links:
17th Jul, 2010 - 5:51am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ooc: I am not worried about missing, the risk is worth it I think. Plus I will most likely be able to flank it this way I need a 15 or better to hit. I will double check my math on that when I roll but I think thats what I need. If I hit or miss I will be calling for the soldiers to release the hounds on it. It doesn't look like he has any buddies backing him up because it takes them so long to get down the pass. So it will be the dogs, hired swords, and us versus the one hill giant. I am wondering about that trap we set though. If we all miss or one of us dies maybe we should run him to the trap and then attack with the hired swords and dogs.

18th Jul, 2010 - 8:46am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OOC: Apparently no one else is going to post... So our party consists of myself, Oliron and Ryorst... ? Eth is around somewhere, I presume, and ... Let's see, that's four... Didn't we have five?

1. Namdar

I'm rerolling my attacks I guess but I don't know of any reason to do anything different, still attack and maybe try to distract and fool the giant and get him off by himself so we can gang up on him?

ROLLS (before adjustments)

D6 init?: 5
D20 to hit/saves etc: nat 20(!), 15, 9, 13, 9, 16
D6 scimitar damage: 5

OOC: Again, perhaps we should flee if we find this first round doesn't go well, assuming we survive?

2. Ryorst
Ryorst steps out to the left of the giant and hacks his axe at it's legs, trying to trip it.

OOC: Let's see what we can't do about that AC of this thing. Then we can just flank and aid another.

Unmodified rolls:
d20: 16, 4, 14
d12: 10, 2, 6
d10: 3, 9, 5
d6: 5, 5, 3

3. Oliron

OOC: Anyways, I plan on using my sword two handed and sheathing the other for the next attack. That will give me a huge bonus to my attack roll and a small bonus to my damage I think. I am contemplating jumping off my horse onto its back or doing a leaping downward cleave (not the Feat proper necessarily) aimed at its head or something.

It doesn't look like he has any buddies backing him up because it takes them so long to get down the pass. So it will be the dogs, hired swords, and us versus the one hill giant. I am wondering about that trap we set though. If we all miss or one of us dies maybe we should run him to the trap and then attack with the hired swords and dogs.

4. Eth (Testubject)
? support? helping prepare and set or activate traps?

or

if I, as PL am allowed to roll for Eth, submit following rerolled but otherwise identical turn for the character (note that the to-hit rolls in the quoted text are RAW rolls, NOT adjusted for the stats, though the text says they are, I don't know what modifiers you're allowing so I'll let you make those judgments - the damage rolls are accurate and adjusted for +3 damage for Str though, I believe):

international QUOTE
Eth is momentarily frozen with fear as the battle begins, there is no way she is going near that thing she thinks to herself as wave of panic rushes over. She can't believe its size and strength, but knows she must do something to help her friends,

Eth if more then 100ft away will move forward until she is that distance, frantically picking up rocks along the way.

loading them into her sling she will then fire them off
With ghost standing guard at her side

attack rolls (or whatever all D20 rolls are needed)
+ 4dex -2(range)-1(stone): =nat20, =6, =nat19, =14
2 (+3 Str bonus) =5 damage total, then =7, =8 and =6 for damage rolls

OOC: I actually made darn good rolls on this turn for reasons unknown and very unusual, so if there's any possibility of at least my living through this, it will likely be from these good rolls for both Namdar and Eth.

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 18th Jul, 2010 - 8:48am

18th Jul, 2010 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 197 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: The bard is with us too. I figure we can just have the bard Inspire Courage until the player gets back with other instructions. Can't we? Also, I think my touch attack with the axe will be successful, but my STR check is less than desirable. Here's hoping the giant rolls nice and low on his STR check...

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 18th Jul, 2010 - 5:22pm

19th Jul, 2010 - 6:59am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I gave enough rolls to last a while, look further back for my post. I pretty much can't hit it tho.

Also while its down I recommend the people close run.

I know its awesome and in a favor but that so isn't how you trip someone, and seeing how no one reacted till it started moving its leg it was hovering it around for a while to be caught on one leg like that,

But I guess we can consider it a favor from the gods and use the opportunity to get the hell out of there! (also don't bother taking the improved trip feat)

Even with everyones miraculous high rolls, its still going to take about four rounds and it can atleast kill one character beyond death every second round or less.

This is something we shouldn't be able to beat yet and if we can though divine favor, we may aswell just walk up to every battle unprepared and just hope to roll high and have fortune favor us.

I don't like winning my battles through divine interruption, I'll leave that for power players but I guess its up to the players who are close and the dm.

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 19th Jul, 2010 - 7:16am

19th Jul, 2010 - 7:18am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Oliron sees the giant laying down and venerable. He takes the opportunity to strike a lethal blow.

ride: 9 (+7 ride skill) = 16

called shot head: 13 (+4 hill giant laying down) - (+2 flank) - (+7 melee attack bonus) = attack roll 26

Damage roll: 4 (+ 4 strength - two handed) = 8 damage, though I think with the called shot it would be more damage, not sure.

Dex check roll 15 (+3) = 18

This is my action for the next round. Sense my previous action was a flop lets just skip that and use this.

ooc: Also I don't think what is going on with the hill giant here is some grand feat. Many times in dnd pc's use various tactics to render their foes venerable to fatal attacks. That is how the game rules are set up, to allow pc's various techniques to accomplish grand feats in combat (if they know how to use them). When you fight something like this trips and called shots are your friend and if you roll well you very well can pull it off in the end. That is the magic of dnd, being able to win against all odds.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 19th Jul, 2010 - 7:33am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Jul, 2010 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 197

Firstly sorry if that sounded harsh I wrote it quick before I left, I didn't mean it to sound rude or too complaining. I am alright with it and happy too move on however just wanted to share that I'm a little disappointed that we can just run up too anything and odds will fall into our favor. Too me the game loses some meaning. I mean there is nothing wrong with tripping it but there are rules to trip an opponent.

We bit off more then we can chew and its been babied down in our favor,

Too me its starting to look like a power play game. Where we go from one enemy to the next just swapping dice rolls till it dies. Power players soon stop roleplaying and just chase exp not caring how they get it.

I feel the exp might as well just have been handed out with out anything else, we can't win every battle and players are already starting to feel they can. There are other ways to get us out of the situation with out killing us or giving it up for free.
*subdual damage*

But don't let me slow the game at all, just a little something for KNtoran to think about or ignore, but I felt like sharing and seeing if every one else agreed and well obviously not... smile.gif keep up the good work tho I'm impressed by your perseverance as a DM I'm starting to struggle to keep my game rolling.

19th Jul, 2010 - 5:55pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 197

OOC: It is reasonable that we can beat this thing. It has an AC of 20, but that's not nearly as crippling as you'd think. I mean, if I keep tripping it every time it tries to stand, with my AoO, we can keep it down, which means we should still be able to hit it reliably. Especially if the Bard is using inspire courage.

Also, I don't feel like my damage was added on by the DM as a favor. It's just as likely that that was a mistake on KNtoran's part. My 4 roll, +5 STR means it IS possible that the giant rolled badly too and lost the STR check for the trip. It doesn't really matter much to me, my character does what he does, I'm not in control f the universe, just my 20 STR half-orc barbarian.

IC:

Ryorst takes this opportunity to attack the downed giant.

Rolls:
d20: 13 (+5 STR, +4 Prone, +2 BAB, -2 wrongly sized weapon = 13+9 = 22)

1d10: 8 (+5 STR = 13)

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.