Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 198 of 590

Oliron attacks the hill giant again from its - Page 198 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Jul, 2010 - 7:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 590 pgs.  194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
19th Jul, 2010 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 198

This is just for your information so you get how a trip goes down by the book. 1stly you provoke an attack of opportunity so the giant with its plus 16 to hit easily hits for 18 damage, ouch
then you make an 'unarmed' melee touch attack wich I'm sure you could do being its only a dc of 8 but you have to sheath or drop your weapon 1st.

then you both roll str he gets an additional + 4 for his size so he is at +12 while your at + 5 so yea the dice could roll in your favour, but as far as I can see your hp is 29 so you would die in 2 rounds from the attacks of opportunity you are giving him.

I know you could very well trip it but you attacked it and too me it feels like we are just getting handed the fight because it would be too devastating else wise. But if this is the game everyone enjoys by all means continue it but I would personally prefer a defeat when players find themselves up against too much, roleplaying character growth comes from the losses more then the wins, and I'd prefer a chance to do that then having the enemy lose its equilibrium.

But like I said earlier everyone is happy so ignore all I said.
I'll just stick IC from now on. I'm sorry by the way I don't mean for these little things to get dragged out so large. In Character it is.

Oh one last thing to party leader playing around with my rolls, d3 damage plus 3 cant = 7 or 8 ?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2010 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Pardon the interruption in the party thread but is seems a new party leader is needed. Who ever takes over as the party leader remember that JPatts character is yours to roll and make decisions for. Until such as a time you get back to town, JPatts character is killed or JPatt comes back to play his character.

19th Jul, 2010 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OOC: I think, most weapons can be used to trip as well. It's actually one of the best uses, in my opinion, for a whip. You only provoke attacks of opportunity in threatened squares, which an unarmed humanoid doesn't really have, unless they have a level in monk or claws or something. So I figured this giant, who hadn't drawn his weapon yet, wasn't threatening my square. I'm not so sure about beating him in the STR check, unless maybe he was off balance or something. Maybe I didn't and he just happened to fall down on his own due to a critical failure on his stomping attack roll, I don't know. Or maybe the DM decided STR rolls were based off d12s instead of d20s, I'm not a mind reader. All I know is we have 2 level three characters, a level two character, and a level one character facing a CR6 encounter. Oh, and the bard. The giant is tripped, and we should hack away at him before he can stand back up.

I'd say Oliron, as the last remaining original party member, has the right to be the party leader. If he wants, I'll keep track of loot and the party pool of gold for him, which is currently 21 GP. Everybody is in charge of their own loot, but it'll split evenly between us all from a total sum, with a certain amount paying into the party pool for future costs like resurrections/travel/lodgings.

20th Jul, 2010 - 8:25am / Post ID: #

Page 198 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ooc: Yes I can fill the roll of party leader. I would appreciate you taking over as treasurer Rentok.

I have rolls for Ryorst and myself but as I see it Eth's rolls were posted last time. I don't know if they were ignored or what but I see her as shooting her sling. I just came on here and it is pretty late so I amy be missing something, if I am say so.

Anyways I will wait a day to see if I am wrong on this and maybe get another post from Eth. I need to figure out what the hired swords are doing as well.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 20th Jul, 2010 - 8:39am

20th Jul, 2010 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

=12 =13 =5 =16
These are my attack rolls for the next four rounds, I don't understand why they were confusing but here they are again anyway. Thats with all modifiers already.

Oh and if its ac gets low enough that something hits it I do 5 damage, also this is from 100ft away and my wolf, ghost is standing guard at my side.

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 20th Jul, 2010 - 5:23pm

20th Jul, 2010 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

OOC: All that's left then, Oliron, is for you to roll for Namdar's turn, and have the bard inspire courage so that we're more likely to hit this thing, and our damage increases when we do.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Jul, 2010 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 198

Once Eth and ghost see the next Giant coming they get the hell out of its way! Eth will run off to the side and hide for a round just incase this one attacks.

21 hide
she will use the run action too so she moves 120ft

OOC: standing up is a move action right?

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 21st Jul, 2010 - 3:45am

21st Jul, 2010 - 7:20am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 198

Oliron attacks the hill giant again from its flank. He grits his teeth and puts all he can muster into the attack.

d20: 12 + 7 att. Roll bonus + 2 flank = 21
d10: 10 + 3 str. +1 two handed = 14

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.