Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 208 of 590

OOC: OK, I survived a hit from it, and if - Page 208 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Aug, 2010 - 9:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 590 pgs.  204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
11th Aug, 2010 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 208

Ooc: If you guys want to try and kill the giant we could try. I am just saying they are very tough and have already killed Namdar in one hit. The hill giant, while being only a single foe, can one shot any of us. My opinion is that it would be best to cut and run while we are still kind of ahead. Even if everyone has excellent rolls it would take us about 4 or more rounds to kill it. That equals out to 4 or more chances it has to kill one of us dead. I don't really like those odds because even if we win how many of us will be dead, is my thought.

I am pretty sure if we run away it will stop chasing us. If it continues to chase we will probably just have to fight it. I don't think it could do any harm to us in the village but the village is a long way away. There are healers in town and I have a Wand of Healing, but I don't think any of us can use it.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 11th Aug, 2010 - 6:50pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Aug, 2010 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: After hearing your reasoning, I am compelled to repeat, with great gusto, the words of a very wise man, "Run away!"

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2010 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OCC: Retreating sounds a wise option the way you put it. Maybe we could set up some traps?
Is there an option to kill the giant later?

Reconcile Edited: Edge on 11th Aug, 2010 - 6:57pm

11th Aug, 2010 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 208 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ooc: Are you guys wimps or what? You can retret for now but when you meet up with us its time to attack or you want to return to the town like losers?

Beasts thinks if this new group has the balls necessary to do serious combat but all he can do is wait and see until then he imagines feasting on deer meat after the victory.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2010 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: *shrugs* Lets do it then. It's not like we have anything to loose. Right?

Rei patiently waits to see what will happen.

11th Aug, 2010 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

Ooc: That's right its not like we have some high level character with low hit points.

Rather off topic, but...
Any of you guys into scifi RPing or super hero style?

Beast thinks that these carriages need some kinda spring coil becaus his butt is sore from all the bumps.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Aug, 2010 - 7:56am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 208

Ooc: While I understand and appreciate the gusto, we killed two of the three. It's not like we are running with our tails between our legs with no story to tell. I would rather be able to live to tell the story. Lets see what Ryorst has to say since he is probably the next in line for attack and already close to death. I can't say there is no possibility of winning but I wonder what the price will be, if we can at all.

It is just a game and we are just characters in it but I don't want Oliron to die. Plus if I was playing in character I think Oliron's want to save lives would out way his desire to kill the remaining hill giant, we killed two.

If we did get away we could search out some orcs to kill. Possibly even something else more in our range. You have to figure if we do attack the giant it has one or two attacks on us before we even get to him. Let alone once we are in base with it. I strongly suggest we retreat and live to fight another day.

Being hero's and fighting against all odds is great but getting stomped by a giant is not. Sorry for the long speech, I just want to make clear that this fight is like playing chicken with a train. We may, may, be able to pull it off but it could end really quick, and not in a good way.

Hill Giant: Challenge Rating 7 - Definition of challenge rating =
This shows the average level of a party of adventurers for which one creature would make an encounter of moderate difficulty.

Quote from Source 6

Average level of our party a low 2.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 12th Aug, 2010 - 8:22am

12th Aug, 2010 - 9:56am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 208

OOC: OK, I survived a hit from it, and if someone were here to toss me some heals, I could survive another. I know it's risky fighting it, but I honestly think that we could take it on, and if we fight SMART, we can take it out. Namdar got punched out in one shot, but he'd have survived if we had healed him... Our bad. Anyways, I find myself wishing we could kill this thing. We can't. Even attacking with range, using an improvised weapon, this thing dealt me 15 damage, which shouldn't even be possible. Dex mod to attack, no mod to damage, -4 to attack, I have 17 AC, I don't think that should have hit me, unless he rolled a nat 20, So I probably just got criticaled.

I would love to kill this thing, but at this point, I don't know how we could manage it. I'd like to think there's an exploit we can use here, like having that pile of boulders roll down and crush it in an avalanche, but I still don't know much about the layout, and without images, I don't think we can know enough. If I wasn't down 15 HP right now, I'd say we go for it, but since I'm almost dead, I think it's time to put my 160 ft per round run speed to work. If it follows us to town, then at least we have the townsfolk to help us out. I'm still amazed that 3 of us (Namdar, Oliron, and Ryorst) at an average party level of 2.66 defeated TWO CR7 opponents. (Though to be fair, the second one was just Ryorst from afar and Oliron's hirelings.) That's a huge challenge, and we will probably get some good EXP from it. 200gp for the encounter is a bit of a kick in the nuts, when it cost Namdar his life, but all in all, I'm amazed at our ability to overcome unbelievable challenges using only the SRD.

So, in conclusion, I think we did better than can be expected of us in taking out two hill giants at this level, and it is a shame we lost Namdar.

Now let's get the heck out of here, and somebody use that wand of curelight on me. If you don't have CLW on your spell list, then please someone have ranks in UMD.

BIC:
Ryorst swears a mighty curse, then turns and runs after his allies at full speed.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.