Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 227 of 590

You should be able to afford the gloves, I - Page 227 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Sep, 2010 - 6:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 590 pgs.  223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
5th Sep, 2010 - 7:36am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 227

OOC: Why not go above and beyond that? Make that shield a +1 tower Shield, Make that fullplate +1 fullplate.

Heck, make that lance a masterwork small glaive, and throw yourself a good masterwork 1h weapon.

you've got 14,000gp, make the most of it.

Sponsored Links:
5th Sep, 2010 - 8:19am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

What special mounts are available? Can I get a pegasus? Or gian owl or eagle? Eth will look around and question at the stables

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2010 - 8:47am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OCC: I don't really know how much, or how available, magic or enhanced weapons and armor cost. If my share is 14,000 gp (Wow!), I would prefer to get the best suit of Full Plate that I can find and afford. I would probably try to find an enhanced Bastard Sword as well.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2010 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 227 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OCC: Rei advanced to level 2, it's been a long, long time since I leveled a character so I am gonna post it here in case I make a mistake, please correct me if I screwed up, thanks!

HP: Rolled 5 + 1 (con modifier) = 6 + 8 (from level 1) = 14.
Skill points: 4 - 1 (int modifier) = 3 Spend a point on Spot, Sense Motive and Listen.
Base Attack: +1
Fort save: 3 + 1 (int modifier) = 4
Refl save: 3 + 3 (dex modifier) + 2 (lightning reflex) = 8
Will save: 3
Bonus feat: Combat Reflexes
Gained: Evasion
Flurry of blows attack bonus becomes: -1/-1

After listening to Eth's advice about buying a mount and reading up things on how to optimise a monk I decided to buy (if approved) the following items.

Horse (heavy): 200gp
Bit and Bridle: 2 gp
Saddlebags: 4 gp
Masterwork Shurikens: x20 (124 gp)
Masterwork Quarterstaff: (301 gp)
Masterwork Kamas x2 (604 gp)

Now for the expensive stuff (again please let me know if some of them are not approved:

Bracers of Armor
These items appear to be wrist or arm guards. They surround the wearer with an invisible but tangible field of force, granting him an armor bonus of +1 to +8, just as though he were wearing armor. Both bracers must be worn for the magic to be effective.

Moderate conjuration; CL 7th; Craft Wondrous Item, mage armor, creator's caster level must be at least two times that of the bonus placed in the bracers; 4,000 gp (+2)

Amulet of Natural Armor
This amulet, usually crafted from bone or beast scales, toughens the wearer's body and flesh, giving him an enhancement bonus to his natural armor bonus of from +1 to +5, depending on the kind of amulet.

Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item, barkskin, creator's caster level must be at least three times the amulet's bonus; Price 2,000 gp (+1),

Protection
This ring offers continual magical protection in the form of a deflection bonus of +1 to +5 to AC.

Faint abjuration; CL 5th; Forge Ring, shield of faith, caster must be of a level at least three times greater than the bonus of the ring; Price 2,000 gp (ring +1);

Periapt of Wisdom
Although it appears to be a normal pearl on a light chain, a periapt of wisdom actually increases the possessor's Wisdom score in the form of an enhancement bonus of +2, +4, or +6 (depending on the individual item).

Moderate transmutation; CL 8th; Craft Wondrous Item, owl's wisdom; Price 4,000 gp (+2)

Total cost of everything: 13235 gp.

Phew.

5th Sep, 2010 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: Looks good, except you can't wear the periapt and the amulet at the same time. They're both necklaces. I'd suggest switching one of them for gloves of dexterity, if you're looking at it in order to increase your AC. Your Fort save IS +4, but because of your Con mod, not your Int mod.

5th Sep, 2010 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Iron lung

10560gp will get you a +3 full plate,
(thats pretty good AC and wont need replacing anytime soon)

2335 will get you a + 1 bastard sword

alternate

8335 will get you a +1 orc bane, bastard sword

(Bane:Against its designated foe, its effective enhancement bonus is +2 better than its normal enhancement bonus. It deals an extra 2d6 points of damage against the foe.)

2650 will get you a +1 full plate.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2010 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 227

international QUOTE (Rentok @ 5-Sep 10, 4:45 PM)
OOC: Looks good, except you can't wear the periapt and the amulet at the same time. They're both necklaces. I'd suggest switching one of them for gloves of dexterity, if you're looking at it in order to increase your AC. Your Fort save IS +4, but because of your Con mod, not your Int mod.

OOC:
Thanks for the tip!

Removing the amulet and will buy those gloves when I have the gold I guess!
Total cost now:
11235 gp

5th Sep, 2010 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 227

You should be able to afford the gloves, I think...

Here're some magical items that people might want...

Ring of force shield:
8,500gp +2AC (Shield)

Ring of protection (+1 or +2) (deflection)
2000gp (+1) 8000gp (+2)

Amulet of natural armor (+1 or +2) (natural armor)
2000gp (+1) 8000gp (+2)

Monk's Belt
13,000gp, The wearer's AC and unarmed damage is treated as a monk of five levels higher. If donned by a character with the Stunning Fist feat, the belt lets her make one additional stunning attack per day. Non-monks get ac and unarmed damage as a 5th level monk.

Belt of Giant Strength (+4)
16,000gp +4 strength

Bracers of armor (+1, +2, or +3)
1,000gp (+1), 4,000gp (+2), 9,000gp (+3)

Cloak of charisma (+2 or +4)
4,000gp (+2), 16,000gp (+4)

Efficient Quiver
1,800gp

Gauntlets of Ogre Power
4,000gp +2 strength

Gloves of Dexterity (+2 or +4)
4,000 gp (+2), 16,000 gp (+4)

Headband of Intellect (+2 or +4) 9Intelligence)

Ioun Stones: (Clear or Dusty Rose)
Cear: 4000gp, Sustains without food or water
Dusty Rose: 5000gp, +1 AC (insight)

Periapt of Wisdom (+2 or +4)

Robe of Useful Items
7000gp

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 5th Sep, 2010 - 6:28pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.