Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 228 of 590

(oops, posted to party leader thread. Will - Page 228 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Sep, 2010 - 3:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 590 pgs.  224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
5th Sep, 2010 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 228

Ooc: What do you guys think I like should do with all this gold? Maybe a little intelligence?

Sponsored Links:
5th Sep, 2010 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: So, 10 items, 7 people. Everybody gets one, except Eth Oliron and Ryorst get two? I'm looking at the Greataxe and a pair of Boots of Striding.Then I'll probably buy a +1 Chain Shirt...

6th Sep, 2010 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ooc: KNtoran posted that the 3 chests are magical, I wonder in what way. Out of all the items the only thing I could really use is one of the rings of protection and the boots of striding. I was looking at the helm but could not find exactly what a helm of insanity does. From the sounds of it, it isn't good. I am going to ask him about the helm and chests, otherwise I think we should be near ready to leave?

6th Sep, 2010 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 228 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I suggest you grab the +2 Elven Chain Mail, Oliron. That's a nice AC on that, and combined with the +2 ring of protection, and maybe buying a +1 Amulet of Natural Armor, you'd have an AC of 20, plus whatever shield you decide to buy.

Ryorst takes the +2 Greataxe, and one pair of Boots of Striding. He heads off into town to buy himself a +1 Chain Shirt, and to sell his buckler, his old chain shirt, and his small greataxe.

+1 Chain Shirt (-1250gp)
Chain Shirt (+25gp)
Buckler (+3gp,7sp,5cp)
Small Greataxe (+5gp)

Treasury: Light Warhorse, Pack, Bedroll, Blanket, gr-hook, 50' silk rope, kits: disguise/climb/heal, 3 torches, tindertwig, 4 candles, Hooded Lamp, 2 flasks, rations(2weeks), 3 chests, flint and steel, 7828gp

2 rings of substance ((Ask about these too. At first I thought "rings of sustenance" but read more carefully))
a ring of +2 protection
a +2 suit of leather
a +2 suit of elven chain mail
a helm of insanity
a +2 long sword
a boots of striding

7th Sep, 2010 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Beast thinks deeply about what to use his money on and he is not sure. He has never had an opportunity like this before. He wishes for more intelligence but how? He is rich but not that rich to make it magically happen. He is tired of sounding like an utter idiot when he opens his mouth plus he is more wise than the facts he knows. Perhaps he can hire someone to teach him he thinks. Maybe take some time off adventuring will bring up to where he needs to be and if this is to be the way then so be it.

ooc: Beast will hire the best one on one services of a good teacher to bring his intelligence to at least '8'. This is one on one daily attention so it should happen after not too long a time. I just need to know the cost and how long it will take and don't mind waiting at the town until it happens. You guys can use my stuff until I'm ready.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2010 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

OCC: If I understand KNtoran correctly, we can only buy weapons and armor up to +1, and rings of protection and amulets of +1 at this town. Is the other town we are headed to bigger? Would it have a better selection of items? If not I think that I would get Full Plate +1, Shield +1, Bastard Sword +1, Ring of Protection +1, and an Amulet of Natural Armor +1. According to Rentok and testsubject1 (thanks for the research guys) all that would equal 8985 gp without the shield (I don't know what that costs). Unless there would be better items in the other town then I could wait and maybe take one for the home team and get that Orc Bane sword that testsubject1 mentioned (if we are going to face a lot of orcs). I will still want to buy the horse and it's equipment though. Sorry for being so wishy-washy, but I have not played D&D in a long time and I'm not very familiar with spending so much gold on magic items. Thanks again for all the help!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Sep, 2010 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 228

OOC: If you don't mind a -2 to-hit (-1 since your bastard sword is a +1 weapon and balances it out a bit) I'd advise you to go with a +1 Tower Shield if you want AC. It's a hindrance, because of that -2 to rolls, a high armor check penalty, and it means you can't use the arm for anything else, but it'll net you a +5 AC, and you can use it as cover for a 50% miss chance. If you have 12 Dex, +1 Fullplate, a +1 ring of protection, a +1 amulet of natural armor, and a +1 tower shield, that's an AC of 27. 28 against a single enemy if you have the Dodge feat. Mind, touch-attacks only have to overcome an AC of 12, 13 if you have dodge. Still, against most attacks, you'll have 27 AC. Or, if you give up your attack for the round, you can use it as total cover for a 50% miss chance, and still have an AC of 22 if they overcome the miss chance.

Most people I've talked to have preferred a +1 heavy shield over a +1 tower shield, though. It's up to you which you choose. Nice choice with the bastard sword. Personally, I like the Exotic Weapon Proficiency Dwarven Waraxe for my 1-handed weapon users, but again, it's probably better to critical twice as often, instead of criticaling for x3 damage.

For a +1 shield, take the price of the regular shield and add 1150gp to it. ((150 for masterwork, 1000 for +1, which overrides masterwork, but you have to pay both))

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2010 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 228

(oops, posted to party leader thread. Will try to delete it there).

Ooc: Wow, I really don't know how to spend 14K gp.

Cause of my low strength, I should probably buy the gauntlets of ogre power.
I only have wooden holy symbols, I guess a silver one would be a good choice.
A ring of protection +1 and that force shield ring would also be cool (but it sounds like the force shield ring is not available in this town?).

I should also get some items to help heal the group. Wands, scrolls, potions. I posted a question on what is available.

Other than elven chain, is there anything else that has good AC but without much weight?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.