Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 229 of 590

Ooc: OK, I think everyone is being too nice. - Page 229 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Sep, 2010 - 3:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 590 pgs.  225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
7th Sep, 2010 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 229

OOC: You're a cleric. You should probably be wearing fullplate. You can use a horse for standard travel anyways. If it's still too heavy for you, you might have enough to get Mithral fullplate, but it really isn't necessary. Fullplate (+1?) a good shield, ring of protection +1, amulet of natural armor... You'll want wands of Cure Light Wounds, and other things. If you want to spend more money on healing items and other wands etc. You could probably go for just Masterwork fullplate and a masterwork weapon, instead of +1.

It depends on what you want to do in the party. If you want to be mainly the healer, I'd advise wands of cure X wounds and other things. Either way you'll want to wear fullplate, and probably carry around a tower shield. If you're not going to be attacking, you won't care about the -2 to-hit from the tower shield. You probably won't even need a weapon except in extreme emergencies, so you may want to just grab a masterwork heavy mace or something. Oliron has a wand of cure light wounds... Or is that Eth that has it right now? Anyways, one of them has a wand, so at most you may have to borrow it until we get back to the other town.

Personally, I'm saving up for a +6 belt of giant's strength, and some other barbariany things. I might spend some gold getting this greataxe enchanted with fire or cold damage on top of the +2. You know, to increase my already absurd damage output.

Sponsored Links:
7th Sep, 2010 - 4:45am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

A wand of cure wounds should come from the party fund and not the individual player as that is unfair on the person healing the party,

Some one should look into that as I'm sure our one is running low.

Othewise Eth is saving all her coin for now untill we reach a better town.

7th Sep, 2010 - 6:09am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OOC: Right, right. That's true. Wands can and should come from the party fund. Eth's wand has at least half it's uses left, I think, actually. Still, we should definitely pick up more of them.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2010 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Page 229 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ooc: Cool, ya'll are awesome. I'm just trying to stay in character. I assume Nei would feel buying healing stuff was his duty. But hey, I just had an idea. Do they have rings of free movement or anything that would let me ignore encumbrance? So I could wear big, heavy plate and not have it slow me down more than my little dwarf legs already do.

I still have not come up with a background for Nei yet. Kinda hard to stay in character when I don't even know what that is.

7th Sep, 2010 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2010 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Nei will eagerly buy a wand of cure light wounds and 10 potions of healing out of his portion of the split.

Did we buy a bag of holding? Or maybe the chests are similarly enchanted. Either way, if we have some decent carrying capacity, I can spring for more potions.

I guess I better get a dwarf-sized horse/pony with some saddle bags and such, too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Sep, 2010 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 229

OOC: You're a cleric. Cure Light Wounds is one of your known spells. Buying 10 potions is an option, but that same amount of gold would be better spent on a second wand. Either way... Let's buy a couple of those wands out of the party fund. Save your gold for something else down the road...

Treasury: Light Warhorse, Pack, Bedroll, Blanket, gr-hook, 50' silk rope, kits: disguise/climb/heal, 3 torches, tindertwig, 4 candles, Hooded Lamp, 2 flasks, rations(2weeks), 3 chests, flint and steel, 2 wands of cure light wounds (50/50), 5828gp

2 rings of substance ((Ask about these too. At first I thought "rings of sustenance" but read more carefully))
a ring of +2 protection
a +2 suit of leather
a +2 suit of elven chain mail
a helm of insanity
a +2 long sword
a boots of striding

Everybody needs to decide what they're taking from the items. The helm, while not a good idea to wear, might make for interesting roleplaying, or it might be a good trick to pull on a captain of the guard or orcish leader with a sufficient bluff check. Getting captured, with that in your bag, you could make a sort of false plea "Whatever you do don't put that on! No mortal mind is capable of controlling the powers of a god!"

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 7th Sep, 2010 - 10:54pm

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2010 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 229

Ooc: OK, I think everyone is being too nice. So, let me start the bidding frenzy.

In the absence of any other claims, Nei D'Hiele voices his claim for the following loot items:

1 ring of substance
1 suit of +2 elven chain mail
1 boots of striding

When back in town, he will purchase the following

1 wand of cure light wounds (1k)
5 potions of healing (in case all the healers are unconscious) (0.5K)
1 gauntlets of ogre power (4K)
1 heavy crossbow +1 (2.35K)

Who here protests the unworthy claims of a skinny dwarf that was not here in time to even see a giant, let alone fight one? (Sheeze, I hardly got out of the cumfy carriage in time to carry out the loot, which of course, I couldn't, you know, with my back and all.) OK, so the dwarf who accidentally got in the wrong taxi carriage and found himself watching as everyone else carried the loot out of a cave. wink.gif

Reconcile Edited: scriptwizard on 8th Sep, 2010 - 3:47am

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.