Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 236 of 590

Ooc: good point. We should include a special - Page 236 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Sep, 2010 - 6:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 590 pgs.  232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
18th Sep, 2010 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 236

My guess is that there isn't an orc hord waiting, mounted, scouting, drumming, hidden and ready with alot of planning just to ambush a caravan....

I think we need a little more info on our surroundings and path,

If its alot of orcs they should be noticable from quite the distance, unless they are playing softly they are still really far away. Is it 2 different drums going off one north one south?

How fast are we traveling with this caravan?

WAIT! Oh Em Gee I think we are looking at it all wrong, like I said we are heading away from the noise, leaving the village that always gets attacked by orcs, that hasn't been attacked in a while.... They were thinking a big attack would be soon, if so you wouldn't scatter your forces to pick up on caravans,
I think we are safe but the place we left may not be!

IC : Eth shocked, more unprepared for Ryorst to return and question her, stutters and mumbles for a second then squeezes, ghost at her side. "it makes him uncomfortable when people leave." she looks down at her pet avoiding anyones gaze for a while, submissively hiding.

After a short time when even ghost is getting annoyed by the excessive attention Eth releases him, looks up and asks softly to anyone listening, "the town, and beast, will they be alright?

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 18th Sep, 2010 - 5:25pm

Sponsored Links:
18th Sep, 2010 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: Well we're 2 or 3 days ride from there, so even if we turned around now we wouldn't make it in time, and I doubt we would hear drums from that far away unless they're extremely loud.

18th Sep, 2010 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yea I could be wrong, will just have to wait for the Dm to post again, I'm not an expert on sound and its travelling but I recon on a nice clear day you would be able to barely hear war drums at 90 miles away, I'm guessin were movin about 30 or less a day with this caravan.

But yea helping would probably be out the question and what about beast who is paying to be smarter?

If they are after us, were we spotted?

It could be a lonely treant comunicating to a druid via morse code for all I know, I will stop assuming stuff untill the Dm says so then bombard everyone with questions of tactics and practability afterwards... (laugh)

18th Sep, 2010 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 236 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: Practability? I do not know this word, and am intrigued. However, I must point out that our best tactics are as follows.

Set up the carts and wagons to act as walls around us, with three openings, 5 ft wide.

Put our 3 best melee fighters in the three openings.

Have everyone else, including the caravan members, equipped with the best ranged weaponry they can find or use. Throwing rocks if necessary.

Have the cleric and druid healing people with our many wands of curelight.

Kill the orcs.

I can probably take out an orc per round, Oliron can do likewise. Without beast, our third best melee fighter is either Akog, Rei, or the Wolf. They can probably cycle through as necessary to allow for healing of the injured more effectively. We should be fighting the orcs 1-on-1 in the openings, so me and Oliron will probably do OK with occasional heals.

Alternatively, we could make ONE opening 15 ft across, and hold it with the party using a V formation like so.

CGGGC
COARC
CMNDC
QWQQQ

Legend:
C-Cart or wagon
G-Orc
O-Oliron
R-Ryorst
W-Wolf
A-Akog
M-Rei
D-Eth
N-Nei
Q-Caravanner with ranged weapon

with A, M, and W cycling through as they lose health. We should be able to take out 3 orcs per round almost indefinitely with this setup. More, because of all the ranged attacks being made on orcs not in the diagram.

18th Sep, 2010 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ooc: Ya we are about 4 days away. Though it might be Treants I think its a safe bet to be orcs. I say we set up the wagons for defense. If they are moving away, no harm no foul. If they are coming to kill us then we can't outrun them.

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2010 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Ooc: I kind of like the single opening idea, but I think it breaks down once the orcs decide to climb over or wiggle under the carts. So I'm going to vote for the 3 hole formation, with the ranged also helping to pick off any orcs trying to enter our circle without passing through the meat grinders.

By the way, what is this caravan carrying? That is, will the orcs refrain from setting the carts on fire because they want what's in them? I assume that's the case; but if not, then we need to look for a water supply.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Sep, 2010 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 236

OOC: Dirt smothers fire just as well as water prevents it from lighting in the first place. Though the best way to stop it is to shoot any orcs with torches before they can get close.

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2010 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 236

Ooc: good point. We should include a special action for that. Ie,

sa: Ryorst tells the ranged to focus on any orcs carrying torches first (if there are any).

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.