Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 238 of 590

Ooc: What we know is that we can hear 3 drums. - Page 238 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Sep, 2010 - 5:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 590 pgs.  234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2010 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 238

Nei does his best to drive the wagon in compliance with whatever formation we wind up in. Once the driving is done, he checks his crossbow again, making sure it is loaded and ready to shoot. Just before we get overrun, he will cast Bless, trying to cover as much of the caravan as possible. After that, he has his wand of cure light wounds and crossbow ready.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Sep, 2010 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

What formation sounded best? triangle? with the forrest the way it is we have no advantage of range! Infact we now should hide inside the triangle out of sight untill they are upon us then have a person go melee at each entrance, with the healers running around to back them up and maybe anyone left could try and hold them off the carts with arrows, but if we get swarmed and they come over the carts we are screwed!

I don't think we should stop moving....
Also I tire of this party leader job...

23rd Sep, 2010 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OOC: How about we keep going, then, and try to find that crossroads. It was about halfway, right? If we can turn off the path, we might be close enough to get to the Earl's place. Or maybe the orcs just didn't expect us to go that way. 3 drums, a 4 way crossroads, we just turn the way that leads us farthest from the drums. We have a better move speed than the orcs. There's no way they have that many horses.

26th Sep, 2010 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Page 238 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ooc: Lets figure something out. I don't care a whole lot what we do. I just want to get to killing at this point. smile.gif

27th Sep, 2010 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Back in this neck of the woods again, so what did I miss or didn't miss? Is my character still in the same town with Beast?

27th Sep, 2010 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

OOC: We'd be better of NOT trying to fight against an entire army by ourselves. Oliron, are you able to take back the reigns as party leader again? Can you set us to continue onward, our guard raised, watching and listening for even the slightest sound of danger, telling the caravanners to have whatever ranged weapons they have at the ready, and looking for some way to get out of this trap we seem to have been herded into? ((Like that crossroad))

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2010 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 238

OCC: I think that sounds good too. We should just keep moving and try to get out of here. If there are three orc armies surrounding us, there is probably no formation we could make that would save us. We should stay alert and prepared for anything, but we should keep going as fast as we can.

27th Sep, 2010 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 238

Ooc: What we know is that we can hear 3 drums. To me it makes sense to assume there are three orc units then. We don't know how many is in each unit. There may be 30 to a unit there may be 10, we can't really know. I like planning and being prepared but at some point we need an action.

No I won't be able to take back over as party leader for a while.

I am just saying if we ran we might be able to push past the orc party in our path, have our unit stay behind to fight off the orcs while the caravan reaches safety. Or we could lock it down right here and fight. Or we could look for the crossroads and head to the Earl's fort.
Whatever we choose a fight with these orcs is inevitable. I say we bunker up and take them on. We have a decent party that should be able to survive, if we all play our positions.
We are asking the GM where exactly these crossroads are, but how would our characters even know. Sure it may be close but the drums are a mile off. The crossroads could be another 5 or 10 miles away for all our pc's know. I'm just saying our characters are not really acting like characters. They are acting like they have GPS and a limitless amount of time to formulate an action.

By all means if we can get to a better position that's great. I think though that we are thinking as people playing characters other than playing off the facts our characters are in. I have been wrong before though so yeah, just my two cents on the matter really.

I just want to get the show on the road. smile.gif I think we should be careful and have a plan, but this plan is turning into a short novel.

Yeah RPG Pundit, you are still in that military village with Beast. Beast has decided to learn some book schooling there for the next 6 months. That should raise his intel to about 8 or so. We are about 3-4 days south of you right now. We killed 3 hill giants, Namdar died, now the party is heading back south to the town we came from with the merchant caravan. Currently we are being surrounded by orcs, we think.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 27th Sep, 2010 - 5:53am

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.