Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 239 of 590

As Nei sees the unspoken words between the - Page 239 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Sep, 2010 - 1:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 590 pgs.  235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
27th Sep, 2010 - 7:46am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 239

OOC: All we know for sure about our situation is as follows.

1: There are a LOT of orcs in the area.

2: These orcs have been preparing for something big lately.

3: There are 3 orcish war drums playing, surrounding our position and moving closer.

4: We have to protect this Caravan, and get it to the city.

5: There are a LOT of orcs.

6: There are 7 of us.

7: If we decide to fight, we will have to kill every orc, or we'll never be able to get to the city.

8: A lot of us have never seen real combat before.

Now, I don't know about you, but it looks like there are probably more orcs than we have hit points. As for our characters acting like our characters, only Beast had a low enough INT score to explain why he might try to fight off an entire army of orcs with only 7 people, and he's not here. Most likely we'll be extremely worried, on our best guard, and moving as quickly as we dare push the horses towards the city, and perhaps the crossroads. The crossroad thing we would know by the lay of the land, and our having seen it before. Landmarks, like that tree that looks like a shoe, or that boulder. Maybe that fallen log along the side of the road was only an hour's ride from the crossroad. Stuff we'd remember.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Sep, 2010 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I only count three orcs. Sure, maybe there are more, but I'm beginning to doubt armies. Last I checked, orcs were big into the macho show of force. If they had numbers, I think we'd see them. They'd want to show us how out matched we are and bully us into submission.

On the other hand, creating the illusion of three armies does not sound very orc-like either. And the note?! Something is fishy.

If I were to leap to wild conclusions, I'd say there are no more than 30-40 orcs total. Possibly less. The three big ors probably really are just that, big and tough. But there is probably some intelligence working behind the scenes. What that is, I cannot begin to guess.... But I wouldn't be surprised if there was a caster involved.

Anyway, that is just my two cents.

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2010 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

If we assume that on each drum there are three orcs, we might be facing at least 9 orcs.

Either way, my opinion is we go meet them, and fight those three, and see what happens next. If we surrender, whats the point of being their guards?

28th Sep, 2010 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Page 239 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I know what I'm gonna do here, and it will either A} get me killed or B} get us off scott free. I would be totally willing to do something else instead if you guys don't like this action. This is not set in stone yet.

Ryorst strides forward, alone, his crossbow hanging from his belt once more, his hand on his axehandle, but his blade not drawn. He strides purposefully forward, until he is just out of bow range, then he shouts to the orc leader in orcish.

"On your honor as a warrior, a leader, and as one of my father's people, I challenge you to personal combat. If you win, we will stand down and let you do as you wish. If I win, you will immediately step down, and submit to me as your new leader. If you are not a coward, then come forward now, alone, unmounted, and we will see which of us is the stronger."

Reconcile Edited: Rentok on 28th Sep, 2010 - 4:33am

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2010 - 4:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC

I am willing to go with that. But I will not back down if you loose. Sorry. I am also waiting for the rest to see what they will do.
Rei's purpose still functions as Nei's bodyguard for now.

28th Sep, 2010 - 4:55am / Post ID: #

OOC: On principle, you kind of have to stand down if I lose. However, unless any of you know Orcish, you won't know what deal I just made. This way, if the big guy kills me, you won't know to stand down. If I win, we can settle all this orc business using my new position. If I lose, but he does NOT kill me, then he'll either send me back to tell you to stand down (At which point Nei or Eth can just heal me back up and we can try and fight this out anyways, or I might convince you guys to stand down.) or, he might just use me as a hostage, in which case you might want to stand down, to save my life.

I doubt I'll lose though. It basically comes down to the dice, but I'm capable of throwing out massive damage. 1d12+15 damage per attack, at a +7 to-hit, to be precise. I can probably take this guy down in 3 turns, max. If I crit, he'll go down to the first shot. Two hits and I average out to 43 damage. That should be enough to lay this guy on ice, but I threw in a third round, in case I miss once. I think I got this, and if I don't, well, save my gold and my gear for my replacement character, OK guys? I'll come in as a Bard.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Sep, 2010 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 239

Ooc: My guess is that we are up against a decent number of orcs probably 30 - 60. The lead guy is probably battle smart enough to know that if he can get us to lay down our weapons he doesn't have to loose any of his troops. Very smart because he gets what he wants and looses no troops. My other nagging concern is that he has no intention of letting us go. Once we are venerable and his troops are in position he will attack anyways. We have several choices from what I see. All of them involve a fight because Oliron has no intention or thought of putting his weapon down. He was hired to protect the wagons and even if he does not get paid or dies he intends to fight. Ryorst challenging him in that way sounds like a good idea however, not to say Ryorst is weak but, I seriously doubt any of us can solo this guy. I strongly urge against a solo fight because if Ryorst is defeated we will have lost one of our best fighters. Then we are still stuck fighting them but practically in a lame state as Ryorst is like one of our appendages, like an arm.

My opinion is that we either fake like we are going to move to the side and give up. Then once they are at a good range open fire. Or we rush them now heading south and try to punk the captain, taking off the head of this rabble. Or set up here defensively and get ready for a fight.

I still am liking the idea of setting up the wagons defensively and seeing what these guys are made of. I really do think we have a good chance of being victorious this way. Myself and Ryorst are good fighters and can hold our own even surrounded by orcs. Like was stated if we set the wagons up right we can force them into smaller channels. With healers behind us and others with tricks up their sleeves I think we have a real good shot at winning. Or at least killing enough of them to cause them to retreat. My one concern with this plan is that if they try to burn us out (which we have seen them use fire before) our strategy and position will become precarious. Further they might have a spell caster, that can be a game changer too.

Like I said though I don't think they have any intention of letting us go. I think this is a clever ruse to mess with our heads and get us to make ourselves venerable. While I understand your way of thinking Ryorst I would mutch rather not roll the dice on that type of tactic. There are too many unknown variables that could quickly change this from a bad situation to a dire one. Like he could be level 7, he might have really awesome magical weapons / armor, he might not fight fair, on and on. I would mutch rather you fight beside me and we watch each others backs. There will probably be another opportunity to challenge this guy to a solo fight later.

BIC: Oliron shares his thoughts and feelings with his comrades.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 28th Sep, 2010 - 5:46am

Post Date: 28th Sep, 2010 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 239

As Nei sees the unspoken words between the members of his party, he nods his assent. "We can take them"

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.