Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 243 of 590

OOC: I'm not trying to say I don't - Page 243 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Oct, 2010 - 7:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 590 pgs.  239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
6th Oct, 2010 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 243

Ooc: Rentok is here like all the time from what I've seen why isn't he the party leader? Get going so my six months ends faster.

Sponsored Links:
6th Oct, 2010 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I'm not the party leader because... Because I wouldn't have decided to burn down the forest, forcing all the orcs onto the road and preventing us from escaping into the forest, trapping us in an inferno where we have to fight off an entire army without any defensive fortifications at all, and forcing our druid to attack the party or lose her favor with her god(dess) and possible the ability to cast along with it. Um... Oh, and because it feels like one of the original party members should be the PL. In fact, I hope Lionel returns soon so that he may take over in that role, as our sole spontaneous caster, as well as our sole arcane caster.

6th Oct, 2010 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ooc: Dude I don't know what you're talking about my character is SAFE studying his butt off o he can at least know like a few things.

7th Oct, 2010 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Page 243 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ooc: I feel kind of betrayed by our position now. This is a most unfortunate turn of events. Almost as if the DnD gods are against us. I don't remember rain yet the forest isn't dry. Our oil imbued wagons are burning like gasoline drenched leaves, and the spell caster has uncanny spell selection. undecided.gif

I say we just keep going south. Then after 2 rounds take a quick bolt into the woods. The cover of the trees will probably give better cover for those not in wagons. Then we come out and continue south to fight.

And Rentok if you were party leader you would have the final say, and I would go along with it to the best of my ability. As I have stated (with logical detailed information) I chose our parties current action because I thought it the best one. I still think it was our best option but I may be biased considering it was my idea. I have no issue with you taking over. I think you will find it is not as easy as it seems. Also I will go along with whatever you decide. Unless it directly goes against Oliron's core values. Such as abandoning the merchants for them to be killed. Oliron is neutral good, I think he would have to be evil or chaotic neutral to do that.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 7th Oct, 2010 - 5:07am

7th Oct, 2010 - 6:15am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: That's just it, we CAN'T go into the woods. We're protecting WAGONS, remember? That's why we've been taking the road this whole time, is because we can't just go through the woods. The trees are alive, they get water through the roots. The only trees that burn quickly enough for us to even have a remotely decent chance of fire helping would be dead trees. Chances are the magic-user is just a sorceress, so she doesn't need a good prediction in order to be able to cast the spell she needs. Now we've gone and gotten ourselves the worst-case scenario going on here. Unless Eth or Nei have anything prepared that can help us out here, I'm going to say our best bet is to move forward at full run speed for two turns, then to take the full defense option as we move for our last round so that, while we only move at our regular speed, we have that nice +4 AC.Unless we can take planks or boards from somewhere and make improvised tower shields to use as we advance. In which case we should STILL do that, but using the tower shields for cover on the third turn as well.

I'm mostly upset with how you handled the situation because you SAID your idea, and we did NOT support you and you still went and did it anyways. Which would be OK, if you were right all along and it had worked, then you'd have been right to ignore us. However, it made a bad situation worse, and now instead of being half an hour away from an attack by three orcs, with the option to stand down (Which would have protected everyone's lives but lost the cargo) we are now 18 seconds from an attack by a larger group of orcs, without any way to stand down or flee, and already having used our cover, and our oil and flame, things which could have been used to attack the orcs, grouped together as nicely as they are.

Sigh... At this point, my suggestion, if we want to survive, is... Pray the dice gods love us. We're outnumbered, outmaneuvred, and outgunned. Positions so that the cleric and the druid cannot be attacked by melee combat, get into melee combat, and hope for the best, while praying that the wands we have can cover the wounds we take.

IC: Ryorst holds his greataxe at the ready, and moves forwards with the others, moving as defensively as possible as the orcs begin to fire.

((Run forward for two rounds to close as much distance as possible, stopping 10 feet away if I get that close, on my final turn I close whatever remaining distance I can with my 50ft movement, full defense for a +4 to AC if I am not within melee attack range, fighting defensively for a +2 to AC and -2 to-hit if I am, if I am within melee range, power attack at full +3. If I get close enough that I can melee on my second turn, then treat it as the final turn as per instructions, and on the next turn use the same strategy, without the power attack. Unmodified d20s: 18, 13 unmodified d12: 8, 2))

7th Oct, 2010 - 6:43am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Ooc: Well sheesh, I don't really think those words are fair. We have been dilly dallying around this action for a while. I thought I summed up the parties general consensus nicely. The woods are not ablaze all around us. From the game post it seems they are barely on fire. If we move a little south we should be free to enter the woods.

My reasoning was that the woods would have a lot of dead wood in them and undergrowth, forests tend to have that. How could any of us have known the forest would not take to fire. Or that the magic user had some gusty spell at disposal / in range.

I really don't think we are much worse off than before. We can still set up for defense (hastily though). We can still go into the woods. We all agreed a fight was coming. We needed an action so I posted one.

I apologize, my action was not whole heartedly decided on. We needed an action though and to me it seemed everyone was more or less on board. I get what your saying but I am also remembering back to when Namdar (on his own) decided to try and talk it out with the hill giant. Now he is dead but we still won.

In short yes, we are in a bad spot. We were before, I made a judgement call and it did not work. That doesn't mean we are all dead for sure or that you can't use your plan. Yes we have to fight but that fight was coming no matter what we did.

This is the sort of thing that comes along with being the leader. Not every call you make is going to work out right. I am behind you now so tell us what to do. I gave it my best shot man, sorry it didn't work.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Oct, 2010 - 7:27am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 243

I don't feel we are in any way at a dissadvantage more so then before, even if the plan didn't work as well as planned it did reveal that some of our worst theories were true.

Thus comes the reposibilities of being a party leader having to make those calls that don't always work out,

But it is heart hardening to attempt to do something differnt but instead be burdened by it and forced into the same old actions again and again. (food for thought for dm's)

this is what Eth has to offer,

Entangle,
480ft range 40ft radius spread lasts 2min

Grasses, weeds, bushes, and even trees wrap, twist, and entwine about creatures in the area or those that enter the area, holding them fast and causing them to become entangled. The creature can break free and move half its normal speed by using a full-round action to make a DC 20 Strength check or a DC 20 Escape Artist check. A creature that succeeds on a Reflex save is not entangled but can still move at only half speed through the area. Each round on your turn, the plants once again attempt to entangle all creatures that have avoided or escaped entanglement

Entangled: The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell's level) or lose the spell.

Otherwise here are some attack rolls with my bow (still get 2 shots with a bow?)
when close enough, will advance behind another for cover,

attack 11, 21(nat)/ 17 3/ 10 20
damage 4, 26,/ 9, 5 / 7, 6

Eth will aim for any spellcasters in sight, then for the archers.

Reconcile Edited: testsubject1 on 7th Oct, 2010 - 7:53am

7th Oct, 2010 - 7:34am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 243

OOC: I'm not trying to say I don't want you as the party leader anymore. You made a bad call, it happens. Maybe next time you'll listen more closely to the party. We all make mistakes, nobody's perfect. I hope you learn from this a little, and in the future, you'll be an even better party leader because of it.

The reason we can't head into the woods isn't because they're on fire, but because we have WAGONS and CARTS with us, that we need to protect. If we weren't going to protect those int he first place, then we should have just surrendered the wagons and carts to the orcs in the first place. We decided not to do that, so it doesn't make any sense at all to do it now.

"If we abandon the carts and wagons we'll get to live? NO! We're going to fight to the death! Bring it on!" five seconds later, "Oops! Nevermind! Run away and hope we make it! Abandon the carts and wagons anyways, but this time without the promise that we'll be left alive!"

Doesn't seem like a logical path to follow. If we were letting them have the wagons, we'd have done so already.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.