Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 245 of 590

As Hudd suspiciously examined the lean figure - Page 245 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Oct, 2010 - 5:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 590 pgs.  241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
9th Oct, 2010 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 245

Hudd while sitting in the tavern enjoying some music heard snippets of conversations about another newcomer in town waiting for the main group to arrive back...

This roused his curiosity so he decided to set out and wander around the town while he had spare time to see if he could gain more information about the new persons appearance.

Sponsored Links:
9th Oct, 2010 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ooc: I think it may be a week in real time (at least) before we get back to town. You guys may want to start your own mini adventure to pass the time. Rid some basement of a rat infestation, kill some giant spider that is bothering woodsman, something like that. I would say let KNtoran know that you guys are looking for something small like that. I don't know if he will have you posting in this thread, the solo thread, or another but it is just a thought of mine. I don't want you guys to get bored and leave before you even get started.

BIC: Oliron rides on in position. At the last moment he ducks back into the trees and raises his shield, hoping to be arrow free after the volley. He tells Jonas to stay right behind a wagon for cover, she seems to understand. (I hope your ok with that Nei, just for the volley)

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2010 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Ooc: Part of the fun of being a healer is trying to keep the party alive, despite themselves. Typically, I'd rather be nuking, but I tried a healer once or twice in various MMORPG, and that can be an amazing (yet completely different!) experience. Well, as long as everyone comes out mostly alive; wipes are never fun. This is my first real time playing a cleric (especially in 3.5) and I look forward to lots of foolishness.... smile.gif

9th Oct, 2010 - 8:24am / Post ID: #

Page 245 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Ooc: I do hope this is not going to be a complete wipe. Knowing KNtoran and previous battles it should be within our ability to survive. Though a party survival doesn't always mean we all win. I would venture that this particular battle is going to cut it real close. However I just got done killing 3 hill giants. So I may just be underestimating myself. Doing the basic math in my head, it looks to me like we are going to have one heck of a fight. If we roll well we definitely have a shot (I'd say 50% or more of a chance). If we roll bad this could very well be the end for Oliron. I don't want to see him go but I have a halfling (rouge / wizard) waiting in the wings if it does. I might even just draw up a level one character while I have this Wii. I don't have access to my other files and I have tons of ideas buzzing in my head for characters.

At any rate I hope we get this boat on the road here, because this is taking a long time. It is good to plan and think stuff out but this is taking a long time. I have never seen KNtoran post without a party action, to speed things up.

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2010 - 6:25am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

As Elruadar saw another new comer leave the town, he gulped down his 5th pint of ale; put on his hood and slowly stood up and started walking towards the door. Almost as he was about to reach it, he got a tug from behind and turned around.
it was the tavern's bar-keep. He shouted, " Hey where ye goes without paying me for ze beer!? Come on; out with it." Not wanting to waste much time, he took a few papers of currency and handed it over; and then without bothering for the change, he swiveled the door and left.
The air was cold outside. He almost felt a shiver. He wrapped himself in his robe and started walking towards the direction where the person who had left the tavern before him went. After walking a few yards, the man came into his visibility. He tried to be cautious; the signs of the Dark had begun to show on his face, they always had, and he couldn't risk getting hurt for being misunderstood as a rogue human. He increased his pace towards the man, and started muttering to himself, "If there is any chance of social contact in this village, it his this guy. I need to catch hold of him now and make acquaintances. The rest seem too busy killing orcs and drinking beer. Little did he realize that he was himself quite drunk and his walking was not exactly straight forward.

As he approached the man, he slowly tapped him on his shoulder and the person turned around.
Elruadar spoke; "Do not be afraid, my young man, I'm new here too. Tell me, what do they call back at your home; and where ye hail from. And more importantly what brings you here?" Then suddenly as if realizing his folly he spake again, "Hmmm, too many questions. Fear not, take you time; and answer them if you wish."

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2010 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Well it looks like we're in for a fight unless we try to turn around and run, but I think its to late for that anyway. As I see it our two main option are either:

A) Take the best cover we can behind our shields and the wagons, and return fire with our own ranged attacks. Forcing the orcs to advance would allow us to hopefully damage or kill a few of them before engaging in melee combat.

or

B) We could charge forward in a blaze of glory, weapons drawn and hacking at anything that gets close.

Option A is a more defensive minded tactic which would allow for easier group healing because everyone would be positioned closer together. The downfall is that we would probably be putting the caravaners in greater danger unless they could load into a couple wagons and retreat to a safer distance behind our makeshift bunker.

Charging the orcs could catch them a bit off guard and unorganized, but might be inviting ourselves to becoming isolated from each other and swarmed by flanking attackers. It would give us our best chance at directing our attacks at the lead sorceress, which if we could take her down it might cause confusion and uncertainty amongst the others.

I am cool with any variation of either of these scenarios, or any logical alternative that hasn't been discussed. If a conclusion is drawn before I post again, feel free to direct Akog along with the plan and position him wherever he would be most beneficial.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Oct, 2010 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 245

A tap on the shoulder startled Hudd. Turning around he was faced with a large amount of questions and he thought perhaps this is the person I was looking to find more about.

So he decided that that conversing was the best way to learn.

"Hey there, I'm Hudd". " What name do you go by ?"

"Hell yes a lot of questions, but one good one. I'm here to try and make my own way in the world, I here a group are lookign for members and that brougt me here. How about yourself ?"

"Shall we wait for the group or maybe try to earn some coin before that get back to the village ?"

Thinking should I trust this person, hmmmmm maybe not so I will not tell him to much about myself.

Post Date: 11th Oct, 2010 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 245

As Hudd suspiciously examined the lean figure that was presented in front of him, the figure spoke, "I am called Elruadar back from where I came. I think we should look for ways to make a coin or two. I don't feel like wasting more time any way. If we start now, we should be ready for bigger things when the party arrives."

Elruadar sensed that the man was hiding something from him but in his past, such ideas had only gotten him trouble. He decided for the man's history to let be for now, "If he wants, he'll tell me. I need not go brooding over that," thought he.

Then again as if called by some unknown force, he got his attention back to the man in front and spoke, "So, tell me. What do you wish to do? I'd rather hunt than nest. We should be able to find some beasts in and around the village. So, speak your mind, half-elf; for you look like one. I be an elf, if you seem to wonder."

OOC: I will be posting a message to KNtoran so that we can try beginning our own mini quests, like Oliron suggested.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.