Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 267 of 590

Out of Character:: Oliron, we need more than - Page 267 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Dec, 2010 - 7:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 590 pgs.  263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Dec, 2010 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 267

In the village...

Having successfully cast Charm Person, Met engages the be-spelled innkeeper.

"Greetings, friend," she says quietly with a smug half-smile that does not quite reach her eyes.

"My friend!" says the innkeeper with a hearty smile and charm-induce warmth.

"Yes, I'm pleased that you remember me. It's been some time since I saved your life from that horse thief, hasn't it?" she lies fluently.

"Yes, you saved my life."

"That's right. And for saving your life, don't you believe I'm entitled to a favor?"

"Yes, a favor, for saving my life."

"You're the innkeeper, aren't you? Perhaps you should allow me to stay at your inn for free?"

"Yes, stay here for free."

"Excellent."

Sponsored Links:
7th Dec, 2010 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: I feel the need to point out that that isn't what the effect of "Charm Person" does. I'm not the DM, but then again, neither are you. You should still have to interact with NPCs as if they're NPCs. The extent of what "Charm Person" accomplishes is more up to the DM than anything.

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2010 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

OOC: Thanks for the tip, Rentok. I'm very new to this, so I never quite know what to post. The same thing goes for interacting with NPCs--not sure how that should be done. I'm attempting to kill time while the group eventually returns to the village. Vivora mentioned that it would take two days. I asked about Charm Person and the DM simply said that "the innkeeper was charmed." If there's a more correct way to go about these things I'd be happy to learn, but I haven't found any examples yet, so I'm "learning on the job" as it were.

Post Date: 7th Dec, 2010 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 267 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

OOC: What I meant was, by game time, we are two (now three) days out from the village and heading to the Earl's. I don't know how long it will take to get to the Earl's, how long it will take to do whatever it we have to do, or how long it will take to get back. You will have to be patient.

8th Dec, 2010 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

In the village...

Daine walks around, trying not to draw attention to himself. He surveys the area, getting to know people's faces. You never can completely tell who is trustworthy and who isn't...but sometimes, all it takes is the wrong kind of look to tip you off.

"Don't know why I even do this...", he mutters. "Should of been a spell-caster like my uncle. Stupid family tradition..."

He sees a gentleman in front of him, his back turned. A voice in Daine's head says, "go on, pick his pocket! He's ripe for the plucking!"

Daine looks around. Nobody else is in sight. He reaches for the pocket....but then pulls back. He can't get himself to perform this evil deed.

"Pathetic...", he mutters to himself, and skulks away. He heads towards the inn to drown away his sorrows.

8th Dec, 2010 - 6:07am / Post ID: #

Out of Character: I have my initiative roll and actions in. That should get me by till the battle starts. Lets get this encounter off the ground shall we.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2010 - 2:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 267

Out of Character:: Alright Vivora, I see. Apologies for taking over the NPC.

In Character:: Met, having stowed all but her weapon and coin in her room, descends the stairs into the common area. She takes a seat at an empty table, idly scratching the wooden surface with a sharp fingernail.

While waiting for a barmaid, she plays a game in her mind. Although keeping her eyes downcast, she takes note the people around her and attempts to guess their occupations.

"Blacksmith...merchant...butcher..." she murmurs under her breath.

8th Dec, 2010 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 267

Out of Character:: Oliron, we need more than that from you. There is, as of yet, no "encounter". There has been no initiative rolling, there's no one to attack. So far I have actions for everyone but Oliron, and I don't think leaving him sitting there alone would be a good idea.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.