Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 271 of 590

Out of Character: (Uth) being in the lead - Page 271 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Dec, 2010 - 5:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2010 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 271

In Character: Uthet abit fatigued by having to sleep in his first night in this crazy land and obediently follows oiliron or ryost with his long bow at the ready

Spot check 5+3(-2)=6 ( sleep in his eyes laugh.gif)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Dec, 2010 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

In Strafford main market:: looking around Alanoth realizes he has lost his party and so begins to ask around as to where the tavern is since that is where the party agreed to meet if lost. "It's down that alley, second building on your right," says a suspicious old leper on a barrel,"you can't miss it laddie, it has a mug shaped sign above the door." Moving down the said alley, Alanoth notices that the leper is following him. Right as Alanoth comes up to the building, the leper gives out a cry, pulls a dagger and runs at Alanoth crying,"I shall have your meat! A cleric's meat can heal me completely!"

12th Dec, 2010 - 5:39am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Hextor you say?", mutters Daine, "This complicates things..."

"While I do not approve of your gods, I have no reason to actually quarrel with you. I am willing to see what this job entails, but should we come across an impasse during our travels, I will see the job through to the best of my abilities, but we will part ways from there. That being said, I only have one condition if we work together: Should we find any valuables on our travels, I get 60% of the cut, and one magical item of my choice. These are my terms, now what say you?"

Out of Character:: Basically, Daine has a bit of an issue being lawful good and working for a lawful evil. That being said, he hasn't seen any actual evil deeds occurred by the halfling, so he's willing to let it slide. For doing all the (presumably) dangerous stuff, I'm asking for 60% of all treasure we find, and as long as there is more than one magical item, I get first dibs. After picking one for myself however, the rest is yours, unless we make special arrangements otherwise. (ex: you find a magical item that's useless to you, but useful for me)

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2010 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 271 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character:: I can understand how your character might request 60%, but, considering that there's another player in the village (one who's being chased by a leper, it would seem), I hope you would be willing to amend that when he joins us.

Also, I suppose this got lost in transcription, but, Met was actually asking for a partner rather than a hireling.

Personally, I don't want to be the party leader, but I'll do it if I have to--it would be right up Met's ally (laughs). Still, giving her that kind of power would most definitely lead to a great deal of clashing of wills.

Do you want to lead? Daine seems to have plenty of strength of will, which is why I was a little surprised that he believed she wanted him to "work for" rather than "work with" her--then again, I do try to make Met come off as domineering (laughs).

We could have the characters go elsewhere to think on it, if you want, and he could propose a counter-offer when they meet up again. Met would understand if he wanted to take charge to keep her evil in line because she would not want to lose his help in acquiring coin--she's a slave to her own avarice.

12th Dec, 2010 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character:: A daunting task, leader can be, but I suppose I can rise to the challenge. smile.gif

Thank you for clearing your intentions up. I'll let you post another post to keep the story flowing, then we'll agree to a partnership (I'll leave some wiggle room for you though, so that it doesn't have to be always me keeping you in line...you could gradually corrupt me with your constant influence, but for now the former seems best.

To the cleric: you painted yourself into a corner...there isn't much you or anyone else can really do to continue that story on, but I guess I can try an easy way out...

In Character: As Daine and Met continue their conversation, he looks around the room and listens to make sure nobody is eavesdropping or acting suspicious.

[Takes 10 on both rolls for 16 each]

While not noticing anything out of the ordinary in the inn, he does hear a yell outside, followed by a cry for help. Daine stiffens, abruptly gets up, and pulls out his dagger as he runs towards the front door.

"Someone needs our help!", he cries, and leaves the inn.

Outside, he sees a man dressed in cleric vestments being assailed my a leper.

The leper is focused solely on attacking the cleric, and has not spotted Daine. Daine swiftly gets behind the leper and knocks him in the back of the head, dropping him to the ground unconscious.

Daine turns to the cleric cowering on the ground. "Are you alright friend?"

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2010 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Someone needs out help!" he cries.

"I'm sure but can he afford it?" Met says only half-jokingly, following him to the inn's threshold. Noting that the victim is cleric, she is certain that there is no profit in aiding him, so she has no objection to remaining passive as Daine handles the situation.

"Are you alright, friend?" she hears him inquire of the cleric. Observing the genuine concern the rogue evinces toward this human sets her opportunistic mind into motion.

"A cleric could be of great use, and he may perhaps feel indebted to the rogue for his rescue," she muses, then continues aloud, "Daine, your friend seems rather shaken. As weak as this inn's ale may be, perhaps a brew might do him good?"

Heading back to the table, she gestures at the two to follow her.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Dec, 2010 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 271

Daine reenters the inn with the others and sits back down at their table. He orders more brew for everyone, and him and the halfling look at the cleric with curiosity.

"so...how did you manage to provoke that attack?"

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2010 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 271

Out of Character: (Uth) being in the lead with Oliron, bow out at the ready suddenly yells gripes there is caltrops on this path 1 d4 damage = (2 damage)

I think everyone is on a horse so my mount would take the 2 points and unrideable also noticing the sidetrail with Oliron, uthet assumes we will take the path with least resistance

Out of Character: just a remark but hoping cause Oliron and myself in front there will be less need for remainder of party to take caltrop damage I'll let Rentok think about that.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please keep your messages free from extra characters / slang / shorthand that are not alpha / numeric (numeric should be for stats) while using good grammar. You will notice most Posts here are written without the use of 'chopped words', excessive smilies, slang, dialect(s) or Teeny Bopper scribbles. As an example "2" should not be substituted for "to" or "u" for "you" or "+" for "plus" in sentences. See Constructive Posting Policy.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.