Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 275 of 590

Out of Character::Thanks. Draknell has prepared - Page 275 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2010 - 6:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 590 pgs.  271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
21st Dec, 2010 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 275

Out of Character:: You could join our newly forming group if you wish cleric, but I think you might want to rearrange your ability scores...you're a cleric who will never cast a healing spell in his life. Your wisdom is too low to even cast a level 0 spell >.>

To my dear rogue: what shall we do to pass the time while waiting to enlarge our numbers? any thoughts? I've been patient, but I'm itching to do something.

Sponsored Links:
21st Dec, 2010 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Oh... I think I got the worst roll possible for them anyway and thought that a cleric was based around Intelligence and Charisma.

I guess I was also confused on the spells. The Character Generator said your spells will be chosen for you with this class. Is there anyway to find what spells I have? (Sorry if I am causing trouble with this, but it has been a while since I created a Dungeons and Dragons character.)

And sure, I would be delighted to join your party.

I guess I will switch things around a bit. Tell me how they look.

ST 12
DX 9
CO 9
IN 12
WI 15
CH 11

Reconcile Edited: gunner1116 on 21st Dec, 2010 - 4:01pm

21st Dec, 2010 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character:: You're a cleric. I'm pretty sure, though not positive as I've never played a cleric, that you prepare from the entire cleric spell list, plus your domain spell per spell level. I'm not certain, so you should probably check the rulebook to be sure.

22nd Dec, 2010 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Page 275 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character:: I have everything figured out now.
Now for a better introduction. Draknell Searblade was born into a family dedicated to Heironeous, the God of Valor. Shortly after turning 18, Draknell, being young and yearning for adventure buys some basic equipment and heads off. After only several weeks of travel he finds himself in the town of Strafford.

22nd Dec, 2010 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character:: For your cleric, as of right now, you only have access to level 0 cleric spells. As you gain levels, you will get greater access to higher level spells. Your wisdom dictates how high you can access spells. A WIS of 15 will let you access level 5 spells (you can increase your ability by 1 at level 4 and 8 to make it 17, which lets you access 7th level spells, which is usually enough if you are gonna multiclass. Otherwise, use your level 12 and 16 to add +2 to your wisdom so that by the time you can access ninth level spells, you have the wisdom to do so. Now, as to spells, you have access to ALL level 0 spells that a cleric can know. Your only restriction: Out of the list, you have to pick an X amount (for level 1 I believe its 4 level 0 spells) and claim you plan to use those, before the day begins. So lets say its 12:01 am...I pick the spells create water, light, detect magic and detect poison as my 4 spells of the day. I can only use those 4 spells the entire day, and even then only once each. The only exception to this rule is at any time, you can replace a spell you have prepared with a heal spell. At your level, say you prepared the 4 spells above, but you need to heal. You can discard one of them (lets say detect poison) and use a healing spell of the same level instead. You would then use heal minor wounds and heal yourself 1 hp, and be left with 3 spells. Hope that's enough of a starter info for you.

22nd Dec, 2010 - 4:54am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Out of Character:: Thanks. I am ready to play, and I will declare my spells tomorrow. Just one thing to note though is Clerics get to choose 2 domains. So, I chose the Healing domain and the Good domain. I think I get their spell benefits at this level. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, how should I meet up with the rest of the party?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Dec, 2010 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 275

Out of Character:: I meant to mention the domains, but couldnt post again. The domains allow you to use a single spell from them per level you have access to. So when you get access to 1st level spells, youll have X amount of lvl 0, Y amount of lvl 1, and one domain spell of that level. As for storyline, just get creative and find a way to get yourself to the inn we are at and engage in conversation. We currently met up with another cleric who I don't think is showing up again, you could pretend to be his brother or something...

22nd Dec, 2010 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 275

Out of Character::Thanks. Draknell has prepared the spells: Cure Minor Wounds, Guidance, Mending, and Resistance.

In Character:: As Draknell walks into the town of Strafford he immediately takes notice of the inn there. Seeking something to relief his thirst he makes his way inside. After ordering a mug of ale he sees a group of adventurers together. What a wonderful opportunity to find an adventure!

He walks up to the group and being young and eager quickly introduces himself, "Hello adventurers, my name is Draknell Searblade and I look for friends and fellows to be with. May I join you at your table?"

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.