Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 290 of 590

Oliron looks down at A'htad from horseback, - Page 290 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jan, 2011 - 6:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 590 pgs.  286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2011 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 290

I will join Oliron as to what he does melee or guarding him so longsword and shield for Uthet

out of character Aegisthus for your character should'nt you have 2 feats 1 for human 1 for fighter?

If I need Dice Rolls

Initiative (+7) = 8 funny

Spot (+3) = 10

1st round attack (+4) =19 ( non critical) damage =7

2nd round attack (+4)=10 Damage = miss

3rd round attack (+4)= 24 (critical) ( critical roll) 13 ( prob none critical) damage 2d8+4 ( I think longsword is 2 multiplier but I'll post multiplier 3 just in case)

longsword 2 multiplier 2d8+3 = 15

longsword 3 multiplier 3d8+3 = 17

Reconcile Edited: slopy on 28th Jan, 2011 - 2:04pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2011 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of character: I've put in all of my feats in the box, sorry for missing them. Now, sorry for my experience, but for now I think I want to analyze what you guys are doing and I'll know how combat works. I've been reading the manual but I haven't seen it in action yet.

28th Jan, 2011 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Oliron will stay on the trail with the cart and wagon. He will be on his horse and remain non-threatening to the soldiers. When they approach he will hail them and ask them basic questions. Where are you going, why, where are you coming from, have you seen any hostiles in the area, ect. If he is asked any questions he will answer honestly as long as the soldiers seem non-hostile. He will leave out information that would allow the soldiers to deduce that his companions are hiding nearby.

Out of Character:: I don't think these soldiers are a threat. They are either from the town that we came from or some nearby fort or something is my guess. Good idea though having some of us lie in hiding ready for an ambush.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2011 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 290 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character:: I don't think these soldiers are a threat. They are either from the town that we came from or some nearby fort or something is my guess. Good idea though having some of us lie in hiding ready for an ambush.

Out of Character: I agree that waiting in ambush will be a good idea. Furthermore, we should try to be amiable rather than instantly aggressive. We don't really have any lore about where we are (do we?) so they could just be regular ole' soldiers. There aren't any wars going on, right? These soldiers shouldn't be enemies/foreign soldiers, right? In any case, A'htad will move up with Oliron.

Before A'htad jogs after Oliron he looks at Draknell and hurriedly talks to him. "We'll go talk with them. If we think they'll be any trouble we'll try to lead them into the ambush. I'll have my whistle on my person. If I blow it once very loudly it means we're in trouble. It'll give you a chance to either escape or come help us. If I blow it twice it means to ambush them. If I blow it three times it means everything's clear."

The druid tells his badger to wait with the other adventurers in the bush and then jogs after Oliron. As he meets Oliron A'htad looks up to speak between breaths: "What would a group of soldiers be doing out here? Common patrol, you think? I haven't heard of any large troop movements in the area... We should be careful and wary... Try to come across as no trouble and uninteresting if possible. I'll let you do the talking."
A'htad readies his whistle in the palm of his hand, slick with sweat. Though whether it is from nervousness or running he does not know.

28th Jan, 2011 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Draknell nods to A'htad, his pulse begins to quicken as he sprints to cover. As he gets there, he will have his crossbow ready to fire. All the while saying prayers under his breath. "Hoho-he says trying to control his breathing, this may be my first taste of actual combat!" he thinks to himself.

Out of Character:: I won't make any rolls just yet, I think Daine and Avan still need to tell us what they are going to do. I didn't read anything about a Fort being nearby, but then again, we were in town. This just unnerves me, I think at least some of the townspeople would have known about soldiers in the area.

29th Jan, 2011 - 12:01am / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dark Druid says...

"Do not follow me unless you trust in your stealth skill."
Avan moves into position, 50ft (1/2 longbow range) from the road, in a position to flank the approaching squad and planning to continue firing if the soldiers retreat.

Hide: 3 +7(hide) +2(stealthy) = 12
Move silently: 17 +8(MS) +2(stealthy) = 27

With any remaining action points, take aim with longbow.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Jan, 2011 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 290

Out of Character:: I don't really think we'll be needing to be super quite, I plan to stay away from meele combat. I don't trust my hiding ability in close quarters, but at the range we are at, I think it would be easy enough to hide.

I rolled: 19 for hiding (I can still hide without the skill right?)

And also not sure if I can do this, but my move silently roll was: 8

These are unmodified and I am not sure if I am able to do this stuff.

Reconcile Edited: gunner1116 on 29th Jan, 2011 - 4:02am

29th Jan, 2011 - 6:47am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 290

Oliron looks down at A'htad from horseback, "I imagine they are part of some sort of civilization nearby. It is my experience that those who mean to do harm skulk about in the night and ambush in numbers."

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.