Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 294 of 590

Out of Character:: I just wanted to ask how - Page 294 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Feb, 2011 - 1:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 590 pgs.  290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2011 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 294

11, 17, 14, 10
Do you wish to continue through the night to the ruins or camp and wait till the morning?
"My vote," A'htad announces tot he group, "Is that we stay the night encamped outside the ruins. Lizards, necromancy, ancient ruins..." A'htad shakes his head. "I fear we may not know what we are getting ourselves into. Nevertheless, it will be best if we not face it 'til morning."
At that A'htad lets his pack rest on the ground, fishing out some supplies while muttering to himself quietly. Every so often he closes his eyes and offers prayers to his Goddess.

Hello there!" he called out while approaching them... My name is Leonardo, and pardon my ignorance but you look like a group of adventurers. Are you on an adventure?" he asked in a friendly tone with a sparkle that gleamed in his eye.

A'htad is a bit startled by the old man's voice and is suddenly thrown from his prayers. He sits back, keeping to himself, as Leonardo approaches the group and asks for "stories." A'htad cannot help but chuckle a bit at the man's strange demeanor and quirky charm. The druid rises to meet the old man, offering a slight smile and a handshake.
"So, my old friend... Where did you say you hail from?" A'htad offers curiously. "I would say not far from here judging by your pace... (chuckle) But you must be tired. Would you like some water?"

Sponsored Links:
18th Feb, 2011 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Leonardo grinned at the man's generosity "No thank you, I have my own supplies in my bag. I may be an old man but I am still able to fend for myself in terms of food and drink." he replied cheerfully. "And my origins are something I am still trying to figure out for myself."

Leonardo nodded his head to the group politely "If you'll excuse me I must continue my meditation" he explained before rising from the rock and dusting off his dirty robes. He found a nice flat grassy area just off to the side of the party and unrolled his bedroll from his backpack, setting the rest of the gear by his side as he took a seat in a common Lotus position. He began to control his breathing and after several moments his breath was shallow, and his senses became heightened while blocking thought from interrupting his lucid relaxation.

19th Feb, 2011 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character:: Yes, I think it would be a good idea to stay here for the night.

Draknells hunting rolls::4, 13, 18, 2
After hunting, Draknell will ready these spells: Magic Weapon, Guidance, Cure Minor Wounds, Read Magic.

19th Feb, 2011 - 10:40am / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 294 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

"Greetings, monk" says Avan during a break in conversation, "I am Avan, ranger and hunter. Sadly I have no good tales to tell, but please do tell of life in the convent." realising he doesn't wish to be disturbed, Avan backs away awkwardly.

Hunting checks: 4, 13, 13, 20!

Later that night unable to contain his excitement, when he is sure that everyone is asleep, Avan leaves the campsite to scout the ruins ahead.
Hide 11 + 7 = 18
Move silently 19 + 8 = 27

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 19th Feb, 2011 - 10:43am

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2011 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Aegisthus slept soundly that night, perhaps due to a full belly. He dreamed of the early days of his time under tutelage of Sir Albrecht. The Paladin he later found out had slain his family. He saw memories, jumping between the years.

He remembered the days he was trained in the sword, how there was always that little lass who he can never best. How, being a sore loser, he'd tease her of having orcish strength. Never knew her name.

He remembered the first time he confronted Albrecht about what happened to his family. Granted, Aegisthus never asked, and Albrecht never actually lied. The Paladin explained why he did what he did. An explanation he had come to accept, in time.

Still, he never got used to the strict lifestyle of an aspiring paladin, in time he ran away from the training ground. Taking nothing but his sword, shield, armor, and the mild affinity of upholding good above all else.

And that was the last thing he saw before he woke up.

out of character: Is this allowed? I'm just trying out my writing skills.

Reconcile Edited: RenYi on 19th Feb, 2011 - 9:34pm

19th Feb, 2011 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Daine chuckles as he watches everyone scamper around excitedly, pestering the old man at irregular intervals.

"You'd think they were prancing puppies excited by a shiny new toy", he mutters under his breath, a smile still on his face though as he watches.

He sits down on the grass a few feet away from everyone else and keeps a close eye as he pulls an item from within his vest pocket. Twirling the silver medallion around in his fingers, he surveys the group, the old man in particular.

"Is this perhaps fate?" He mused, "Am I destined to come across these strangers for a higher purpose? Who am I to answer this call? I am but a humble rogue...and a terrible one at that."

He flips the medallion in the air, catches it as it falls, and reveals it to show the sign of Torm, exposed on the side facing him.

Daine puts the medallion away and finds a rock. He starts whittling the time away by sharpening his knives.

Eventually, when he is satisfied with his work, he gets up, and addresses those who have not gone hunting.

"We will stop here for the night. We shall feast on whatever our skilled hunters provide us with, and then set up camp. The order of watch will be the usual watch."

Daine then gestures to the old man. "As for you, you are welcome to join us in camp, though you need not take watch tonight."

EDIT: Out of Character:: to the above post, nice flavour, but we haven't established camp yet with the GM, or the watch sequence (although I address it in this post), so while it was a nice read, it was a little ahead of the story.

Reconcile Edited: Saberwolf on 19th Feb, 2011 - 10:32pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Feb, 2011 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 294

Smiled accordingly at the act of kindness "A camp sounds wonderful my boy, I would be honored to tag along, this old bag of bones hasn't had this much excitement in.. Well too many years to be remembered." he said with a chuckle.

Leonardo would slowly rise to his feet gathering his gear and allow Daine to direct him to his proper place. "Thank you again for your hospitality."

He would then proceed to tell adventurous ancient tales of folklore and fantasy to pass the time while they awaited everyone to regroup for the night. He was clearly bluffing by writing his name into the stories of brave knights battling fire breathing dragons and saving the beautiful princess, but it was with the good intention of entertainment, and made him feel worth while to have a little attention for once.

20th Feb, 2011 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 294

Out of Character:: I just wanted to ask how being a were - turtle worked. Will you turn into a turtle during the full moon? Can you turn into one at any time? If you want to keep this secret that is fine, just say so. But I am just curious about what it is.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.