Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 298 of 590

Oliron eyes the ruined city in awe. Its seems - Page 298 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Mar, 2011 - 7:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 590 pgs.  294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
25th Feb, 2011 - 8:36am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 298

Out of Character:: Survival check: Nat 20!

Upon looking at the grass damp with morning dew, Daine notices that some areas have been trampled over, leading towards the direction of the tower. Noticing that avan is gone, he surmises that he must have gone on ahead to scout...but did he tell anyone?

Daine calls out to the rest of the group, "Did anyone notice our archer leave during the night?"

Upon seeing everyone shake their heads, he hurriedly starts putting on his armor and collecting his belongings.

"Well then, it seems that our friend has gotten quite a lead on us. It is best we start off at once and catch up to him. I daresay though he'll have some explaining to do when we find him! Leonardo, you may ride in the cart, in place of our elven friend who is now missing. Everyone else, get in formation and we shall set off, unless there has been anything I missed."

Sponsored Links:
25th Feb, 2011 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Nods to Daine and carefully takes his place in the cart "I wonder where the elf had gotten to?" he wondered to himself. "You know, just because I'm old doesn't mean I am completely worthless, I am still able to walk a fair distance if need be." he explained

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2011 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

With his light sleep comes A'htad's troubling dreams. Visions of his parents, his friends, his old life come to him in a painful series during the night. He sees visions of the tavern, of his bride-to-be, and of the fear in her eyes. He can smell the stench of alcohol on his breath and remember waking in the alley the next morning. He can remember the trial...

"Wait, where's the ranger?"

... Remember the order from the city tribunal to never return...

"Bugger, he must have run off ahead."

A'htad's sorrow and anger overcome him. He wakes with a start. His breath, short and ragged, pierces the still air about the young man. One hand is clenched around the crystal hung about his neck, the other is pressed to the cold dirt as A'htad rises from his makeshift bed. The cold sweat from his brow stings the druid's eyes as the crisp night air bites at his dry throat. He curses, and chastises himself in his native dialect while hastily looking about himself, slightly shaking.

A'htad slowly regains his focus on the rest of the encampment. His fellows are readying to leave. Camp is being broken as usual- and yet strong sense of concern seems to hang in the air... Or is it suspicion?... Concerning the ranger's sudden disappearance.

After rousing his badger companion A'htad rummages through his belongings. He mentally checks off each of his possessions, runs through a few words of a prayer of thanks, and then prepares to break fast. Finding a small stump to sit upon A'htad begins to work at a hunk of bread. He chews on it absentmindedly while taking small sips from his waterskin. The badger, its hunger having been sated with a small piece of jerky, lay close beside him.

---

A'htad soon rises from his meal and joins the others. The air of concern and excitement is certainly noticeable. The druid, out of kindness and perhaps curiosity, again goes to the old traveler Leonardo. A'htad does his best to add some warmth to his speech.
"How did you sleep, good Leonardo? Are you ready for a short day's travel to the ruins?"

Out of Character:: If anyone would like to throw some dialogue at A'htad at anytime during the above scene please feel free. I am looking for dialogue/character development. Any inter-character discussion is welcomed. (:

Reconcile Edited: ArRigare on 26th Feb, 2011 - 2:30am

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2011 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 298 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Missing ranger aside, the morning was pleasant to Aegisthus. He had learned to enjoy living on the road, sleeping on dirt, lest he becomes mad from all the traveling.

Aegisthus saw the druid looking rather unwell. Out of concern for his acquaintance he asked his well-being, "You alright, A'htad? You look like you've seen a ghost..." Aegisthus's voice shifted from concern to paranoia. "Did you see a ghost? Was there a ghost!? Tell me you didn't see a ghost!" Aegisthus got jittery, waiting for A'htad to answer.

out of character: How severe is in-character swearing allowed?

27th Feb, 2011 - 7:44pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Smiled pleasantly toward A'htad, "Ah yes, the sleep was wonderful. A travel to the ruins sounds quite fascinating. How about yourself, are you prepared?"

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2011 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wiping the crumbs from his stubble, A'htad murmurs to himself and buries his face in his hands. His moment of introversion is broken by the kind voice of Aegisthus."You alright, A'htad? You look like you've seen a ghost..." Aegisthus's countenance hints at concern, but the warmth in his voice is genuine and rather uplifting.

The druid offers a weak smile and starts,"Aw, well, I wouldn't say tha-"

"Did you see a ghost? Was there a ghost!?"

Aegisthus's sudden shift in demeanor catches A'htad off guard, and the druid can only offer his palms and stutter a bit in response.

"Tell me you didn't see a ghost!" The man, calm minutes before, has been unhinged by the thought of ghosts. Only moments before A'htad would have sworn that he had seen ghosts, and the vision was to much to bear. However the druid, perhaps underestimating his friend's paranoia, takes it as acting- as a joke- and begins to laugh rather hard. His laughter - and his newly gained grin - finally subside after a minute or so and a good bat to the head by the thoroughly-spooked Aegisthus.

In a much better humor than when he rose from his nightmares, A'htad walks the small encampment with his badger- helping where possible and offering kind words to his restless companions. Eventually, the young man finds his way to the elder monk, sitting cheerfully as the others break the camp.

The druid greets the benign and wrinkled face with a smile, though he is certainly outmatched by the monk's large grin. A'htad then asks as to Leonardo's current status, to which he replies: "Ah yes, the sleep was wonderful." The man then looks wistfully in the direction of the ruins. "A travel to the ruins sounds quite fascinating. How about yourself, are you prepared?"

"To be honest I'm not sure if I would count myself prepared. I, looking back,... I still question as to how I got here in the first place!" The two chuckle a bit at this, and the druid continues on. "I'm excited- to be sure - but... The 'rumors,' if you will... Of the lich, the wyrm... What if they prove to be true?" His voice is marked by genuine worry. "I'm concerned, to say the least." The druid's smile fades a bit at this.

"And so, great Leonardo, my grand explorer and sagacious weaver of tales," he offers in a jokingly presumptuous tone, "I ask that you offer some inspirational words for those of us more humbled!"

Reconcile Edited: ArRigare on 28th Feb, 2011 - 11:06pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Mar, 2011 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 298

Dark Druid says...

Out of character: Assuming you've broken camp and have already reached the outskirts of the ruins...

Avan watches from his bushes as the party passes him. He stays to the undergrowth as he moves parallel to the wagon. Noticing a break in spotting patterns, he darts to the side of the wagon and continues along with it, matching the party's pace.

1st Mar, 2011 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 298

Oliron eyes the ruined city in awe. Its seems to be a peaceful enough place.

"Probably all sorts of trolls or evil brain sucking things lurking about I shouldn't wonder.", Oliron keeps moving but with his sword drawn.

Out of Character:: I think I read above someone asking if you can swear in character. No you cannot, if you do the moderators will delete it and most likely give you a warning. You could possibly be deleted for it though.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 1st Mar, 2011 - 7:38pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.