Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 40 of 590

Namdar scratches the back of his head furiously - Page 40 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Dec, 2009 - 11:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 590 pgs.  36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
18th Dec, 2009 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 40

"I say we should go onward, as long as I can get 8 hours of sleep tonight so I can be at full strength towarrow, I need it, I'm fine", Lionel gives his answer.

Sponsored Links:
18th Dec, 2009 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I have to agree about the farm being a crutch. We need to press forward but at the same time not pick a valley or a opening in the middle of the forest. Light should not be used either.

18th Dec, 2009 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"I have one question, what of our promise to the farmer to fix his fence". Lionel asks, he had also caught Namdar rolling his eyes toward Pundit, and saw him mumbling, and though he did not hear what he say, he feels Namdar may have spoken insincerely, but has decided it will come in time, and says nothing more on the subject.
ooc: incoming new member, Banahll the Ugly (his actual title), Half Elf, Wizard.

18th Dec, 2009 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Page 40 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

I think we can get to the fence when we have the area secured. That can be a "by the way" sort of thing. I think it was said that fixing it will take a week so it doesn't make sense to spend all that time just fixing a fence when we're here to get orc heads.

19th Dec, 2009 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"Jonas and I are worried about traveling further tonight." Yes, the farm is a crutch but, a needed one I believe. We are still fairly inexperienced at killing orcs. The last battle we fought two, one of us was injured badly.

"It stands to reason that the further we follow this trail the closer we get to an actual warband of orcs." We have no way of knowing how large a band that will be. It could be five, it could be twenty. I love battle, however I do not wish to be woken by bloodthirsty orcs and have to watch my new friends be slaughtered.

"I feel strongly and speak for Jonas as well, that we should return at least for tonight."

Oliron feels badly for not being in agreement with Namdar.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 19th Dec, 2009 - 12:28am

19th Dec, 2009 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Better judgement tells Beast that farm means safety but he is just a follower not one for planning things.

ooc: I'm willing to go like either way you guys want to go.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Dec, 2009 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 40

Jonas "Hee Hawws".

Oliron looks about uncomfortably.

"I, ahh, also left Jonas's good feed back at the farm . . ." I though we were heading back there and left it as it is the heaviest of the load, wanting her to be more comfortable.

19th Dec, 2009 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 40

Namdar scratches the back of his head furiously for a moment, more out of frustration than any physical cause, as he listens to the others. Why are Oliron and his blasted donkey so contrary? Surely he sees most everyone else agrees it is best to move on and work on setting up a new camp further out from the farm, yet still he dissents.

Although credit has to be given to him for speaking his mind and maintaining his opinion on what the best course is, rather than giving in to peer pressure and going with the others, this is not what the half-orc needs or wants, as leader, but such are the burdens of leadership. Does the warrior not understand the concept of pressing on and moving the party's foundational regrouping point forward? Does he not understand simple logistics and timetables and the advantage of not giving up the momentum and initiative, which Namdar easily learned even growing up as an urchin in Asmara, within Emir Mu'hajaran's lands?

Although he handled himself well enough in combat, Namdar wonders if perhaps the first real violent encounter for Oliron may have served to shake his confidence a bit, made him reluctant - he hoped not, as there wasn't much to be done for that.

He studies the man and his caring for his animal, whose feed is apparently back at the farm, and sighs - he hated doing this, but he turns to address the assembled party members, clearing his throat and holding up a hand for attention, having planned out most of his speech in his head.

"We will repair the farmer's fence when our current endeavor is at an end, as we told him, and we can find Jonas some suitable if not familiar food, so those matters are already settled. Now, although not everyone has voiced their opinion yet, it appears there is nonetheless already going to be a majority consensus to press on, and democratically, this is the decision for the group. Oliron, your... And Jonas'... Diverging opinions are noted, but I think you should look at this from another direction.

Yes, we had a spot of trouble with only two orcs, but we aren't going to get much better overnight, maybe not even in the next few weeks, so there is no sense in returning to the farm time and again, as it won't make us any more able to take on orcs than we are now. It is not a magic shield or fortress, and is more a convenience of amenities than a truly preferable defensive position, and one which we may have already turned into a more notable target for any orcs that do go that direction, directly endangering the good farmer who so kindly aided us. We must move on, and keep moving, to prevent drawing any extra attention to the farm, which, if it came, would likely be a large force that do more than kick down a fence.

By proceeding now, we maintain our inertia, capitalizing on the scouts' inability to report back on our presence, taking any conflict to the enemy's door, hopefully surprising them and catching them off-guard and ill-prepared where they may feel safe and relax their vigilance, rather than having to try to stem a larger force of invaders who will surely come for the farm if given even another day to plan and assemble - one which we may not be able to repel, even entrenched. I think you can see, from this point-of-view, our only real option IS to go forward, being conscientious of avoiding large parties or warbands, as you wisely note, relying on our savvy and cunning and judgment, as no doubt all our brave forefathers have done in their days. We will find out what we can about major orc activity, and/or collect as many heads as possible, before we deem it is time to return to the farm and town."

Namdar looks around questioningly, eyebrows raised, at the faces of the assemblage, for confirmation, lingering on the silent Krusten and then on Oliron. "I do believe we'll be moving on anyway, good Oliron, and Krusten, but I'd like to know that you understand my reasoning, and that you trust and abide by my judgment, if not agree with it."

How far had Namdar come, from being an orphan, mostly shunned by both orcs and humans, surviving in the streets by his wits and pickpocketing skills, in the dusty, golden markets of Asmar, to, half a world away, leading a party of motley but stalwart adventurers deeper into the lush green forests of enemy territory?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.