Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 42 of 590

Namdar nods as the party passes a copse of - Page 42 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Dec, 2009 - 6:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 590 pgs.  38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
20th Dec, 2009 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 42

With a worried look and then a face of anger and nervousness at being called "not very smart" Beast makes a fist and pounds it against his chest. He says, "I'm wise only with what I know and I don't know much". He then goes to the front of the pary to not make him like the focus.

Sponsored Links:
20th Dec, 2009 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Lionel face palms frustrated that he messed up something so simple, he never meant offense, yet here he goes and offends Beast. "I"m sorry, my friend I meant no offense", Lionel says half to himself, half to whoever.

20th Dec, 2009 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Namdar nods, mostly satisfied with the answers, and leads the group forward. "Good Krusten, we shall best any threat which faces us, with the capabilities of our group, not bleat for deliverance, do not fear, fair maiden. Oliron, glad you and Jonas are on board at least. Beast, my good man, wizards...er...sorcerers...have a strange sense of manners and speech, I would not take what was said too much to heart.

Friend Lionel... Perhaps let us play a game, a very popular traditional family game in my homeland, enjoyed by parents and children for generations - it is called the quiet game. Pretend I am your Sultan.. Eh... Let's see... Baron maybe... who orders you, a loyal monk bound by an oath of silence, to join in a royal journey, after which the Baron richly rewards his mute subject for his assistance." Namdar smirks to himself about his clever barb.

Rather off topic, but...
Is BadByrd's character with us?

Sorry guys, just missed being able to post, was catching up on all the threads being updated and posted in.

Krusten, cool to see you add your stats in too - it really is pretty handy isn't it!

20th Dec, 2009 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

Page 42 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Lionel gives Namdar a withered look, but keeps quit like he is ask, though he is annoyed how he is asked.

Rather off topic, but...
BadByrd has a question in the Solo Thread, if you could answer him, jpatt. But he hasn't started yet.

20th Dec, 2009 - 3:54am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"Perhaps we should all travel in silence from here on."

Oliron looks at Namdar with one eye brow raised. Wondering to himself how far his new leader will exert his authority. Seeing that lines are being drawn within the party Oliron steps back a bit towards Lionel, standing beside him.

"We should probably be off as soon as possible." The sooner we find a common enemy the better.

Oliron gives Lionel a knowing glance then looks to Namdar innocently as if asking Namdar to trust him.

"As we are going into forested hills and such I think we should look for a small hill with trees or thick underbrush on the top to hide us, and little or no foliage below." So as to capitalize on cover and them having none. Also, we should not light a fire, something should be done to cover our tracks as well. Possibly walking threw a stream or just at the side of a river for a while.

Oliron seems overly calm, almost cold. He looks towards the party then specifically at Namdar.

"I cannot wait until we meet these orcs." My mouth is watering at the thought of combat with them.

Oliron then looks concerned.

"I'm sorry you must face your own kin on these terms Namdar." I cannot imagine the pain you must have endured as a half-breed child. You must be very strong willed to be with us now. I trust your judgment in this over mine.

Oliron bows slightly. Then looks to the party again. Then to Lionel, he whispers out of earshot from the rest of the party.

"You must watch what you say, think before you speak please." You do not like others making seemingly simple mistakes on your vocation. So how do you think it feels to have someone comment negatively on your attitude or intelligence.

Oliron looks at Lionel inquisitively, "Are you trying to alienate yourself from our party?" Focus on the task at hand rather than judge others, please your grace. You are no longer in your familiar enviroment, you are with a band of hard lived people. Who are facing possibly death. There is no time for this, we must be as one. Dissent among us will shurely lead to our deaths.

20th Dec, 2009 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

Beast is determined to hit something this time. He twirls his weapon and practises various holds to like improve his accuracy. He moves with the party looking all around for danger.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Dec, 2009 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 42

Born Free says...

* Krusten pertrudes her lips a bit and then in a prideful way replies to Namdar *

Have it you're way.

* She looks at Beast and although she makes a gesture as though to pat him on the back she doesn't touch him but says softly *

You're day will come, don't be angry or afraid.

* She follows the group *

20th Dec, 2009 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 42

Namdar nods as the party passes a copse of trees, and speaks back over his shoulder as he walks.

"Oliron, you have good ideas all around, from first to his last, and perhaps I also spoke a bit harshly to Lionel, I know a great many grave matters weigh heavily on his mind, and it is a rare and perhaps unbalanced man, who occasionally shows not the missteps of our flawed mortality, no outward signs of the storm of uncertainty, fear, hope and determination which rages inside us all.

But to the matter of the orcs, how truly, can one understand how another from a different race entirely, feels, when hunting down their own fellows? Were you asked by the King of the Dwarves, for example, or sent, to take the heads of threatening human bandits or enemy army, how would you feel? A certain sadness, a certain reluctance to not only take the lives of a fellow being, but a fellow being of one's own race, and to fulfill such a barbarous and atrocious criteria of bringing back their heads, for proof, for the promise of mere money? To one of stout mind and heart, it should be unconscionable.

But then too, the enemy is ruthless and dangerous, a threat to peace and order and freedom, an invader and a conqueror, who gives no quarter to any of us, neither the women nor children - what kindness do we owe that kind of monster? None, I say - they are as rabid bears, best put down without question or need for proof of intent, as a human mentor of mine, tolerant of my heritage, once explained to me, as I learned a few skills of the wilderness from him over the years."

Having opened up despite himself, and said far more than he intended, the leader returns his attention to the woods ahead, and lets the rest of the party's voices and sounds fade from his consciousness, alert only for trouble ahead.

Rather off topic, but...
Something happened last night, don't know what, that kept me from posting for almost a whole day, but I guess it's sorted now, sorry.

I have to say , I haven't played a forum, or even tabletop game, with the level of actual "role-playing" going on here, the cooperative interaction going on between each player and their character, with the others, and the gradual developments of personalities and revelations of backgrounds and initially inobvious information. I am genuinely impressed and glad to be part of it, you all are very talented and amiable, in expressing yourselves and and breathing life into your characters and the situation. This is a pretty rare thing, from my experiences of trying different roleplaying sites and forums, to find on the internet. Kudos.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.