Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 45 of 590

Namdar notices some of the reactions of the - Page 45 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2009 - 8:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 590 pgs.  41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
23rd Dec, 2009 - 9:17am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 45

The half-orc "actor", nonplussed, steps out of the shadows to stand before Banahll, suspiciously giving the half-elven wizard the once over, softly snorting and closing his eyes wearily, as if to say "Not ANOTHER one." He also looks askance at the dog, mouth held mysteriously at a diagonal angle for a moment, considering the canine. Finally the party leader addresses the wizard to his face.

"You seem to be fairly perceptive, no doubt your keen senses from your elven lineage is a boon, as they are to the half-elven ranger Skedvick here, as well as the other full elves, the sorceress Krusten, and our other ranger, Jenrek." He indicates the others with a general outstretched hand toward each in turn.

"I am Namdar Al-Sattar Ibn Kourosh, and yes, I'm half orc, a simple traveling performer and actor, from the town of Asmara in the Mu'hajaran Emirate, in the Kingdom of Sumi, in the sands far to the south of this continent. I am this party's democratically elected leader by consensus and mutual respect. Beast over here is also, obviously, a half-orc warrior, his warrior peer Oliron, then there's our cleric Pundit, and finally Lionel the sorcerer, all three obviously humans. We have no wish to ambush you or part you from your no doubt meager coin, friend. In fact, we also are in pursuit of or tracking likely these same orcs themselves, both to possibly report back useful information about them or their main encampment, and also to fell them in mortal conflict, collecting gold for each head brought back to the village."

Namdar thinks for a moment, chin in hand, lips pursed and eyes darting to the trail occasionally, to keep watch. "Actually, good traveler. Perhaps it might do both our party and you good to travel together, as there is safety in numbers; we could always use another pair of arms or spell, and I am not sure what you are going to do if you encounter a group of orcs out here by yourself... That path is surely folly, alone. It could make for a somewhat more bulky group, overall, but also a larger, much more capable party, for any encounters we do have. I presume you others wouldn't mind? And if so, what say you, stranger?"

The half-orc holds out a large, somewhat rough and warty hand, to the new traveler.

Rather off topic, but...

This is quite the large party!

1 Namdar, half-orc Wayward Actor (myself)
2 Skedvick, half-elf Ranger (Krakyn)
3 Jenrek, elven Ranger (NPC)
4 Krusten, elven Sorcerer(ess?) (Krusten)
5 Pundit, human Cleric (RPGPundit)
6 Lionel Cortez, human Sorcerer (Thomaslee)
7 Beast, half-orc Warrior (Play by Post)
8 Oliron, human Warrior (Oliron)
9 [ Banahll, half-elf Wizard (BadByrd) ]

Also, I'm pretty sure Jenrek's player Pocazon, isn't coming back, still only having 3 posts since joining - just so you all know, not that it really matters since I guess the GM said I'd take over playing him anyway.

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 23rd Dec, 2009 - 9:43am

Sponsored Links:
23rd Dec, 2009 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

international QUOTE
Pundit- don't see that you tried to hide so your spotted

The game wasn't updated when he last I posted or he'd of hidden, rolled or whatever.

Beast gives the new comer a once over and in a most straight forward manner he asks him about where he is from and why he is out here on his own.

He then asks what he knows about the orc war machines.

SA: Really the last post made by the GM was just to like introduce BadByrd's character so jpatt you should post now and just say you continue.

Reconcile Edited: play by post on 23rd Dec, 2009 - 1:27pm

23rd Dec, 2009 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lionel walks forward to greet the new member, but stops short when he gets a closer look at Banahll and for a few moments, a look of complete shock and to a lesser extent horror passes over his face. Thoughts race through his mind, thoughts like, "what happened to him", and "how did he to be so badly scarred", and "he's hideous"! However, Lionel quickly pushes this thoughts and feelings away, and ponders, Lionel feels strongly that he has had a difficult life, just like me, but his scars are on the outside for all the world to see, me I have no outward scars.

Lionel calms himself, closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, he decides that he will not judge this man by his outward appearance but except him the way he is; he then looks Banahll straight in the eyes, gives him his best smile, and takes hold of Banahll hand warmly in greeting. Lionel says unto Banahll, "My friend, welcome to the group. May you find what fate has in store for you, and discover the meaning of you existence. I am Lionel Cortez, former prince of the fallen kingdom Anhangá. You will not find a better group to travel with in all the land. Each of us is here for diffent reasons and each our own problems, I wish to find my sister, who I have lost and to take down the evil that destroyed my home."

"However, let me give you a few words of warning; there will be dangers untold and evil without description, we may have to face impossible odds, and if we fail, it could mean our deaths, or worse forced into the thrall of evil forces. Will you join us, even with all the peril we may face?"

Lionel looks at Beast and says, "My friend, we have plenty of time for that, we still haven't finish introductions."

ooc: I will not be able to post Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, or Sunday.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 23rd Dec, 2009 - 2:04pm

23rd Dec, 2009 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Page 45 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Oliron steps out of the brush onto the trail laughing.

His laugh falls silent as he looks on the face of Banahll. Oliron is stiff, he clears his throat. "I ahh, I thought ahh, I was so sure I was hidden..."

As his smile fails him he lets Lionel's close presence become the focus, to hide his reaction. Oliron turns his face back towards the brush. He leads Jonas (his donkey) onto the trail again.

Oliron watches the others and thier reactions. His brow furrowed in empathy towards Banahll.

23rd Dec, 2009 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Pundit being a zealot for his god approaches Banahll,

"There is hope even for those who refer to themselves as ugly. What areyour beliefs?"

Pundit hopes for an opportunity for conversion.

23rd Dec, 2009 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

"Pundit, please, not now, the last thing our friend needs is a preacher down his throat, all gods and goddesses have their place." Lionel says to the zealot, with a sigh, "I apologize, like I said they"re a good group, now where's our beautiful elfin maiden, Krusten", Lionel asks with an after thought.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Dec, 2009 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 45

Oliron recovers,

"I thank Pelor in you finding us, or us finding you, . . ." I'm sure your god is on the same side as ours. Otherwise you would not walk so bravely in the light of day.

He unwraps the rope tied to the donkey from around his arm a few times.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 23rd Dec, 2009 - 6:30pm

23rd Dec, 2009 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 45

Namdar notices some of the reactions of the others, to the newcomer, and screws his face up in concentration, looking at the man's face.

True, he noticed a bit more symmetry and smooth overall appearance to most elves, as they tend to be unusually aesthetically predisposed to what he guessed some might call "beauty" or grace, but when it comes to humans or a lot of the times even half-elves, he could only shake his head, absolutely not being able to fathom the division of physical appearance as "good" or "bad", so he had no particular reaction to this person, since orcs were already bumpy, leathery, with somewhat piggish features, and in Namdar's own case, a dull gray-green hue to his skin, which he guessed the others might find at least partially ugly. Luckily he was only half-orc, so he felt a lot of his parentage was diluted, making him not stand out as much to the "normals" here. He eventually turned back to the trail after more brief conversation ensued, and began to continue the journey.

Rather off topic, but...
I have posted in the Prty Leader thread, to wait for the next turn, whenever it comes, just so you all know.

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 23rd Dec, 2009 - 8:16pm

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.