Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 47 of 590

Rather off topic, but... First, happy belated - Page 47 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Dec, 2009 - 6:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 590 pgs.  43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
24th Dec, 2009 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 47

Shaking his head he finally stand and approaches this new comer from the side of the road where the Donkey had kept him company.

In a voice that shows heart felt compassion he looks Banahll squarely in the eyes, "You curse your own heritage far to easily. Elves may be harsh in treatment of those like us but it is their loss and not a thing to sour ones heart like a creature of the dark."

He has kept most of his past to himself but feels for this one who is not as elegant as many. Having been taught by an Orc wizard in the art of reading and writing he has long ago realized never to judge another till you know their true desires in this life.

"My friend the Orcs have taken all but my sister from me in life but yet it was one of that very race who taught me to forgive and to read and write. More then my own parents had done before their passing. Like you the creatures of this world are dear to me and I hope one day you see that we are no more important nor less important the the wolf who howls at the moon."

Turning to Namdar then quickly back to Banahll "What part of my heritage you think kept you from seeing my shadow though you stood beside me and you to caste spells to easily?" Then to Namdar he states "We do need to press on, and I thank the Gods for your keen eyes.."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Dec, 2009 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

"I hear the wisdom of your words, but it is difficult to forget a lifetime of treatment. All I can promise is that I will try."

"Now to the matter at, I will explain what my plan for destroying this orc camp. Hopefully by telling all of you, you can point out any deficencies."

O.O.C. Understand that I do not know the rules for casting spells as a sorcerer, so I will explain as if we are all wizards and the sorcerer's can adapt the plan to suit their own character. I am planning on encountering at least 100 orc, could be more, could be less, we will know for certain after I cast speak with animal and use my animal affinity skill to find a bird who has seen the camp and can give us exact numbers. On the eve of the battle all parchment available to us should be handed over to the wizards and sorcerers so that we can scribe scrolls to get around our low number of spells which we can cast. I personally have magic weapon which grants a plus one to any weapon, and stone fist, which increases the targets strength by 6. Once all the buff spells have been placed on scrolls so that we can use them on our warriors, the sorcerers and I all have access to all the cantrips, including a favorite of mine which is ignore. Lowers the targets checks against spot and listen. Between the three of us we can prepare 9 cantrips of ignore. We approach under the cover of darkness, The spell casters cast ignore on all the guards allowing our sneakier rogues to sneak up in the darkness and kill the the guards quickly, opening the way for our warriors. Once the are thoroughly buffed they go in and begin setting fire to all the tents. I would expect at least 20 or more to die in their sleep. With the nine or teen we already killed that should leave only 70 left. Once the fighting begins I will have one scroll of ventriloquism that I will give to whomever has the highest chance of success on a bluff and on making it past the savings throw. That person will identify the leader of the orc camp and use the scroll of ventriloquism to make it appear as if he is giving the following orders. Something to the affect of

" IT IS THE INQUISITION OF Heironeous, WE ARE SURROUNDED, IT IS BETTER TO DIE THEN RISK CAPTURE. FALL ON YOUR SWORDS MY BROTHERS, WE CAN'T LET THESE BASTARDS KNOW OF OUR MASTERS GREAT PLAN!"

Considering how much chaos there will be and how low normal orcs saving throws are I would expect at least 50-60 will believe the bluff and take their own lives. That leaves 10 to twenty orcs left to clean up and between 9 adventurers that should be easy, what do you guys think.

Reconcile Edited: BadByrd on 24th Dec, 2009 - 8:13pm

26th Dec, 2009 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

ooc: I don't know if I was in the front or not but I'll like post the dice rolls in case.

rolls: 1d6=5 and 1d12=7 I don't know if these modifiers I didn't add any because I don't like know what they're for.

26th Dec, 2009 - 5:46am / Post ID: #

Page 47 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

ooc: I think the familiar idea of finding out what we are up against is a good idea. Other than that I'm not sure the plan,as it stands will actually work. I believe scribing scrolls takes time and components. Also only certain classes can use scrolls. Furthermore sadly I don't believe 70 orcs are going to drop on thier own swords because someone says so.

Though it is easy to find holes in other plans, in that spirit I will imagine my own for your analyzation. We use the farmiliar to gain the location of the best entrance to camp or at least to scout the surrounding area for another scouting party. Once we locate these enemies we descend upon them in formation and retreat if overpowered.

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2009 - 9:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

O.O.C. First and foremost, I failed my spot check, I didn't see anything, second I'm at the back so I don't roll for attack.

To answer Oliron, essentially anyone with use magical device can use a scroll. However I did forget about the cost, so you are correct, scribing scrolls isn't feasible. As to the orcs killing themselves. That simply comes down to whether or not the save against the ventriloquism spell or not. With their low saving rolls I think there is a good chance the will fail, which means they will truly think the order is coming from their commander. The GM has already shown that the orcs are willing to die rather than take a chance on giving up information the last time you encountered them.
Then it is basically the GM's decision as to whether or not they follow the orders of their superiors and take their own lives. Its essentaily a coin toss and as such I can either take it into battle with us when we go to fight the orcs, or I can replace it with another magic missile spell. Big gamble with a huge payoff if it works.

Good catch on the spell components but you didn't say anything about using the ignore spell and letting the rogues kill the guards so you warriors could get into the camp unseen where you can maximize on the chaos and kill some in their sleep.

As to marching into the camp in formation, as a wizard I have no intention of getting any closer than is required to fire a bow or cast a spell. Nor do I think it's a good idea to attempt to attack head on a superior force.

27th Dec, 2009 - 2:27am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Born Free says...

* Krusten, near the back of the party, makes herself ready for battle by notching an arrow on her shortbow. She thinks to herself if it will have greater effect on the orcs than the acid spell. She then wonders to herself the posibility of charming an orc, and then quickly takes it out of her head. *

Rather off topic, but...
Hope everyone is enjoying everything. Anyone went out shopping today?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Dec, 2009 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 47

Roll: d6 = 2

SA: Nothing just looking on until something specific takes place.

IC: Pundit looks at the Banahll and his abrupt stance on his religion replying only with, "I understand my son".

28th Dec, 2009 - 6:33am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 47

Rather off topic, but...

First, happy belated holiday also, and early New Year, and I'm sorry I haven't posted until now - I have been iced/snowed in at my uncle's and just got home today and then had to go visit another uncle, so I have been entirely absent from my computer, which I hadn't planned to do. Next, I know

Namdar listens to Oliron and Banahll, deeply frowning, somewhat in confusion and somewhat in sheer disapproval, as well as surprise at some of what he feels are some sound ideas.

"I am impressed at the idea of clouding the camp guards' senses and stealthier party members neutralizing them, excellent thinking. The following warrior charge sounds worthy of consideration, as well as the eliminating them in their sleep and burning of the tents. However, I support these only from the standpoint of coming across a smaller contingent - from there, I have a number of criticisms for pretty much everything else in the plan presented.

First off, if we find a camp or army at all, if there is much more than a score of enemies, let alone fifty or a hundred, it would be suicide to engage such numbers, especially given our relative inexperience. There is confidence and cunning, then there is potentially deadly overestimation of our own abilities - we may possess a good size and many advantageous qualities, but rationality and math must prevail to realize being outnumbered five or even ten to one can only end badly for us. I will not lead us into a massacre, and alerting the proper military authorities of the location of the camp and information on the enemy is the correct course, as well as it being another of our "jobs" available to us for reward.

In the case of the burning, we must be aware that this will send up a great plume of smoke into the air, visible for many, many miles, to any other enemies, who may be drawn hastily to the scene, or be alerted to the attack and disperse and hide in the surrounds, possibly becoming a constant hidden threat and terror, in small, mobile bands, building back up to larger numbers steadily.

As fell and awesome as the mystical arts are, even as little as I know of magic, I feel the power to command or fool others to take their own lives is available only to those of world renown, if even them. Orcs, partly my race, while not known for stunning intellect, are not mere animals or mindless automatons, as they are a sentient species and have tribes, civilizations and organizations and societal customs, and at least some military discipline and training.

While some may fight to the death, and some may be cowardly, I do not take this to mean they are likely to choose self-sacrifice over the opportunity to save themselves or die fighting to their last breath, either for honor or the primal thrill of battle itself. I am part orc and have no such inclination whatsoever. Whatever their flaws, I doubt the enemy orcs are so dull as to be fooled into death by a sense of loyalty or mere voice, even from their own general.

Lastly, we have no solid information that tells us WHY the orcs have moved into these lands, so it would be unwise to assume they serve some central master, overlord or other dominant authority figure with a sweeping goal - they could also simply be a marching enemy of forward or invading troops, with the simple motive of direct assault and conquest.

Staying in formation if we did attack, may be a good idea, or not, depending on the situation, so to me, it is best to leave that option open for the moment."

The half-orc's senses strain to catch the details of the immediate situation, his hand on his scimitar scabbard as the group slowly proceeds forward.

Action: Wield scimitar, hide if possible, or advance if combat seems unavoidable.

ROLLS
Namdar - Perception: 7/1D12, Combat: 6/1D6
Jenrek - Perception: 9/1D12, Combat: 3/1D6

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.