Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 49 of 590

Rather off topic, but... Sorry again - went - Page 49 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Dec, 2009 - 3:24am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 590 pgs.  45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Dec, 2009 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 49

Banahll listens to each argument intently, and begins to come to the conclusion that perhaps this party is to cautious for him.

O.O.C. I agree with Kursten in that perhaps this is all to hasty, as we have no knowledge about what we face, however I have come to a certain understanding. I enjoy D&D because it allows you to be creative in solutions. I research what weaknesses the enemy has, and then try to find a way to exploit those weaknesses. More importantly I enjoy finding ways to overcome insurmountable odds.

Example: Level 3 ranger with an excellent dex VS. A Tarrasque- should be a clear cut easy win for the tarrasque. But several very lucky rolls later the tarrasque is gone and I am unscathed. How you ask, this is how I overcame the odds. Each action required a roll from the GM by the way, thats why they where lucky rolls.

Ranger drops bag of devouring over an arrow so that it falls inside out, creating a mini-black hole. Shoots arrow in to mouth of tarrasque, natural twenty roll later and tarrasque is completely devoured by bag of devouring.

I understand that several points in my plan where flawed. Fire could alert more enemies, good catch Namdar, spell components required for scrolls, another good catch Oliron. However to turn down the ventriloquism spell out of fear of how the GM will react is too cautious for my tastes. Should even one orc fail his savings throw and kill himself the spell would have been worth it since its replacement would have been simply a d6 magic missile. I am afraid that with my style of play I will cause more problems for this party then I will solve. I hate to be brought into a game simply to leave the party but pehaps I should stick to Single person campaign for a while. The rest of you can keep tabs on the game and if you decide that my un-orthodox style is working then I will rejoin the party with the Gms permission. Have fun guys, I'll be keeping track of whats going on.

I.C. You see Banahll's face sadden with the realization that yet again he does not fit in. He slowly turns and begins his way back down the trail from whence he came. "Good luck", he calls over his shoulder," kill an orc for me when you find them."

Sponsored Links:
29th Dec, 2009 - 12:21am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Born Free says...

* Krusten looks at the insult to Elfdom - a half Elf, and an ugly one at that. She shruders at his comments as he leaves. *

I knew there was something amiss about the apperance of this one.

* Krusten casually points to Banahll and continues... *

Suspicious.

29th Dec, 2009 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lionel chases after Banahll grabs him by the shoulder, and turns Banahll to face him, "Stop my friend, and don't be so quick to judge that this isn't where you belong. You have grand plans, and these plans will have their place, but just because this plan has not flown with the group does not mean none of you plans in the future will not. Let me tell you something my friend, you are bright and creative, don't let these traits disappear, but you must balance these traits with wisdom, plans like yours can and will work, but the members of this group are trying to look out for each other, we have already almost lost one member of our group fighting only 3 orcs, a hundred in our eyes is like tempting not only fate but death. We need a wizard, we need you, Banahll the Creative, one who has suffered much to get here, and did you ever think that maybe you were meant to be a part of this group, that your destiny lays with us. Please stay, my friend, please."

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Dec, 2009 - 2:24pm

29th Dec, 2009 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 49 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Pundit watches the ugly elf go by and frowns from confussion. He cannot believe that there are such emotional people in this group however his training has told him to reach out to such so he calls out to him,

"Son to not leave so quickly, we will have needs for your talents"

Rather off topic, but...
Where's jpatt? Let's get this show on the road since too much talking causes characters here to get over emotional, they need something to do!

30th Dec, 2009 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Beast is confused now, he wonders why we are not moving forward and nothing is happening.

SA: Starts checking his nails for length and shape, the dull yellow color makes him happy.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2009 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Relax guys, this jsut wasn't what I was expecting. It's way to slow for my tastes. I have been signed up ofr over a week and just got introduced. It's no fun to me and without the over the top plays the game loses its apeal. You guys are good people, just not congruent with my style of play. Have fun guys, this is my last post unless KNtoran starts me on a Solo campaign.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Dec, 2009 - 3:02am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 49

Born Free says...

* Krusten watches how the little prince tries to beg for someone to stay with the group. She wonders to herself if they are in league since he hardly knows him but she does not make her feelings known. *

Rather off topic, but...
BadByrd what are you on steroids? You just got here and its too slow for you who came - late!

30th Dec, 2009 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 49

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry again - went to pick up meds, spun off road into ditch in this ice, had to stay over at a friend's house until the road cleared and I could get home, which was just now.

Not sure what to think about this turn of events with BadByrd/Banahll. Probably what should have been done initially was to post in the Questions thread and say "As a wizard, or even just as GM to Player to clarify things, how likely is this 'fall on your swords' ventriolquism plan, to succeed?" and KNtoran might have been to answer all this earlier and prevented a lot of back-and-forthing - if I had realized it at the time, I would have done it, but had planned to just wait a short time for some extra player ideas and then do it, but I once again got trapped IRL. =/ If he is leaving, sorry to see BadByrd's character go from this game.

Namdar frantically waves the others to the side, thinking he may have heard something up ahead, as Banahll finishes his last comment and begins to draw away from the party, toward the other direction.

Here are the Party Orders as of now:

Namdar (in front) = Spot: 7/1D12, Combat: 6/1D6, SA: Wield scimitar, hide in trailside trees if possible, or advance if combat seems unavoidable.

Jenrek (in front) = Spot: 9/1D12, Combat: 3/1D6, SA: take cover in trees, if enemy is distant, ready bow, otherwise ready melee weapon

Skedvick (in front) = Spot: 10/1D12, Combat: 5/1D6, SA: take cover in trees, if enemy is distant, ready bow, otherwise ready melee weapon

Lionel (in back) = Spot: 10(+3)/1D12, Combat: no roll, SA: be alert, ready spell

Oliron (in back) = No Spot/Combat rolls, SA: take cover in trees (and keep donkey hidden and quiet in trees), if enemy is distant, ready bow, otherwise ready melee weapon

Krusten (in back) = No Spot/Combat rolls, SA: nocking arrow into bow, alert

Beast (in back) = Spot: 7/1D12, Combat: 5/1D6, SA: take cover in trees, if enemy is distant, ready bow, otherwise ready melee weapon

Pundit (in back) = Spot: none/failed, Combat: 2/1D6, SA: take cover in trees, if enemy is distant, ready bow, otherwise ready melee weapon

Banahll (in back) = Spot: failed, Combat: none, SA: departing(?)

Notice: In order to keep the RP moving, I'm going to post in the Party Leader thread with my best interpretations, and fill in the gaps myself where there are no rolls or specific actions posted by anyone.

Krakyn/Skedvick: no rolls or SA, so I made them
ThomasLee/Lionel: SA (none given): be alert, ready spell
Oliron: no rolls (but may not get them in back) or SA (I made one)
(RPG)Pundit: no Spot roll, but might not get one, no SA given (I made one)
BadByrd/Banahll: failed Spot, no Combat roll, SA: departing?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.